#Practice 028

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 028
Colors of the past haunts, sometimes. 

 

It was another morning for Mia. But something was different. It wasn't the usual dark, cold ceiling that welcomed her the moment she opens her eyes. It was that familiar crimson red that hung above her face.

 

"... Mark, get off." She muttered, annoyed with the man who chuckled in response and pulled her up by the wrist. She had spent three days, three god damn days in his room, sleeping on his bed while he sleeps on the ground. She felt bad at one point for hogging his bed while he sleeps on the ground, but he insisted. He literally carried her body and threw her onto the bed for it. 

 

"Sleep on the bed, or I'll make sure you do." Of course she would take the offer. Who wouldn't? Seeing that this god damned red head literally trapping her between his body and his bed. For god sake, she was close to having a panic attack that day. 

 

"Come on, mom made breakfast." He smiled when Mia quietly rubbed her eyes and turned to glare at him. Mark was being far to energetic these days. And that made her wonder exactly what the hell did his mother feed him to turn him this way.

 

She stretched her arms and yawned. "I'm not hungr-"

 

"Do you want me to feed you?"

 

She paused, her eyes turned to him in an unbelievably manner. "I'll wash up." She answered and got up from the bed.

 

Mark grinned as he watch her stumble slightly towards the bathroom. Cute. He thought and chuckled to himself. This had been repeating for three days straight, with him waking her up for breakfast, her refusing his offer, and him teasing her. She never gives in first, but in the end, it was always his victory to take. 

 

She will give in eventually.

 

He ran his fingers through his red streaks and turned away.

 

He'll just wait for her at the dining table, like he usually does.

 

 

"Enjoy your breakfast, darlings. I'm heading to work." Mark's mother smiled and waved them goodbye before heading off, leaving Mia and Mark sitting awfully quiet on the dining table. Mia sighed and picked up the toast and spreaded butter. She took a bite. It's odd enough that his parents didn't seem to mind having her around the house, nevertheless letting her sleep in the same room as their precious son Mark freaking Tuan. 

 

And now, they're leaving the two of them alone in the house like it's totally normal for them to do so.

 

Do all parents act like that? She munched on the toast as she carefully observed Mark who finished one toast on the plate. His hair was still messy, so she assumed that he woke her up right after he got up from bed. Which means...

 

"Did you wash up?" She asked as she spreads butter on the other toast.

 

"Of course." He answered, taking a bite of the toast. "Why did you ask?"

 

"Your hair."

 

"You were struggling even before you wake up." He answered, and she paused, eyes glared at him.

 

He responded with a grin. Typical Mark Tuan. Mia rolled her eyes and chomped on the toast. He had been going on with the tease, constantly reminding her that he likes her, and constantly catching her off guard whenever he felt like it. She wasn't stupid, she knew that her reaction was what he wants from her, and she was determined to not give him any reaction that he seeks for. 

 

No, she was going to bite back this time.

 

"Do all friends act like this?" She asked, eyes glaring at the man who just cleared off the food from his plate.

 

He shrugged. "I am a friend who just so happen to like you." He commented casually and got up from his seat, taking the plate with him.

 

She took her empty plate as well and followed him into the kitchen. "I'm starting to think that you're kidding on that part..." She mumbled and handed the plate to him.

 

He smiled. "Should I prove it then?" He asked, raising an eyebrow suggestively at her.

 

Her respond came far too quick. "No." Her expression drop dead when she stared at the man unbelievably. She definitely wouldn't want Mark to prove anything. Not when she isn't sure of what he'll do to prove his point. 

 

Because isn't Mark Tuan just full of surprises? She rolled her eyes and grabbed a cloth to wipe the dining table, leaving Mark to wash the dishes in the kitchen. 

 

And then the bell rang, causing the girl to flinch in surprise and darted her eyes to the front door. 

 

Who? She frowned and turned to Mark who ignored it. 

 

Ding. Another bell chimmed into the room, followed on with a never ending bell marathon. 

 

Mark cursed and stomped towards the door, his expression annoyed when he swung the door open to find his friends grinning from ear to ear.

 

Mark groaned. Of course his friends h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter