#Practice 042

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 042
Family love is by far the most beautiful form of love. 

 

Bright. Mia pursed her lips as soon as she steps into the familiar looking home. It was the same as it was before. Cold, dark... empty. She felt Junhong's hand behind her back, urging her to enter the building. She stepped, eyes carefully darted around the place. To be honest, she was glad that Junhong was here with her, rather than having herself to face the cold white walls alone. "I'll prepare dinner." She heard her mother said, but she couldn't bring herself to respond to her. She didn't want to.

 

Junhong gave their mother a short nod and pulled Mia away, towards the backyard that she had only seen once during her stay in this cold house. He shut the door behind him and turned to Mia, eyes serious. "Noona, listen." He started as he pulls out his phone. "The reason why I agreed to this is because-"

 

"You were curious." She cut him off. "You wanted to know if what she said was true."

 

Junhong nodded. "And I can't do it alone." He said, unlocking his phone screen and scrolled. Mia pressed her lips flat as she watches her brother. Exactly how is he going to make this work out for both sides? He knew that she was never in good terms with their mother. Not after she witnessed her embracing another man... Embracing that man who became their stepfather in their house back then. How could she say that she wasn't cheating on their father when Mia knew what she clearly saw? She breathed, running her fingers through her hair. 

 

"Junhong-"

 

"Noona." She looked up at the tall boy, brows furrowed when she heard a soft, muffled sound coming from his phone. "I love her." She froze, eyes rounded at Junhong who simply grinned at her. "You'll help me wouldn't you?" He smiled almost too friendly that she felt like kicking him in the gut. The nerve of this kid to try to blackmail her with something she didn't expect him to record of. He knew exactly how embarrassing it will be if the recording is exposed to public.

 

"... Fine." Mia groaned and rolled her eyes. Junhong shrugged and kept his phone. He wasn't going to leave his phone alone now that Mia was aware of the recording. He entered the house, with Mia tailing along as they meet eyes with their stepfather. "Junhong, Mia, would you like to wash up for the meantime?" He asked, smiling gently at them.

 

Mia wasn't comfortable with him, that's for sure. Awkwardly, she shifted towards Junhong, while the younger child nodded. "Thank you." He said and pulled Mia away, casually looking for the bathroom at the second floor. "Wash up." He pushed Mia into the bathroom and closed the door. "I'll be here, so don't worry." He said, and she heard his back pressing against the door. 

 

Mia sighed and turned to the mirror. "I love her." Crimson heat, she felt them creeping up to her cheeks. Those three words had this much effect on her. They drummed her ears numb, clutched her heart, dropping it on a silver platter and served to the red head. She shook her head and undressed herself. She stepped into the showers and breathed. This is not the time to think of things like this. Right now, she should be thinking about the questions she needed to ask in order to get her mother to tell them everything.

 

She needs that woman to tell them the truth.

 

The shower fell, hitting her skin like bullet rains. Just like that night back then. She heaved a sigh as she runs a finger through her hair. Her mind was just as messed up as the feelings that she contained. The feeling of guilt for leaving her grandparents back there, the uncomfortable feeling with her mother, the feeling of relief that she can still see him, the feeling of bliss back in his arms... Everything confuses her.

 

She stepped out of the shower after awhile and looked around, hoping to get a towel, but there was none sitting around the bathroom. She frowned and turned to the mirror, opening the cabinet door. The top corner. She looked up, but there was none. She nibbled her lips. Right, that was where Mark keeps his towels. She mentally slapped herself and turned to the door. Mark. "Junhong." She called, and she heard his head nudged the door. 

 

"I need a towel." She said, slightly annoyed when she imagined her younger brother smirk at her before she sees his shadow that got up from the ground and walked away. She pursed her lips, knowing that he would eventually hand her a towel. But for the meantime, she'll have to stick to standing out cold. She leaned against the sink and sighed. No, she wasn't going to mistaken the person out of the bathroom as him. Not when he was back at his house. Stupid. She mentally scolded herself. 

 

There was a light knock on the door, and she opened up a small gap to take the towel from Junhong. She dressed herself next, then stepped out of the bathroom. Junhong still had his brow raised at her. "Question." He started, and Mia glared at him. "Denied." She answered and walked pass him. She knew his question, and she wasn't going to let him ask that.

 

He was going to ask anyway. "Do you do that a lot at Mark hyung's place?" He asked, brows wiggled as he grinned at the girl who paced faster down the stairs. Mia was getting annoyed with Junhong's teases, and he hadn't even start. She turned to him, annoyed, but her brother simply shrug it off and walk pass her. 

 

"Soon enough, and you'll be a used good." He clicked his tongue and dodged the towel that Mia aimed at his face. "Caution, product barks." He rolled his eyes and went to the dining area.

 

"You're just in time, let's eat!" She heard their mother said. That woman had a wide smile played on her face, which she uncomfortably shifted to Junhong despite the annoying teases he gave her literally seconds before this. On second thought, it might have been a bad idea to stay here after all. Junhong grabbed Mia's arm and pulled her over to take a seat beside him, he, himself took the seat right after. Their stepfather then took a seat, picking the chopsticks and smiled at them.

 

"Enjoy your meal." He said and Mia nodded hesitatingly.

 

It was like the first day she had dinner at Mark's place, except that there was this thick, uncomfortably awkward tension lingering around the room. The only sound audible would be the sound of cutleries clicking on the ceramic bowl. No one spoke at all. Mia snuck a glance at her younger brother. He didn't seem to mind the tension in the room. He was just eating, happily eating. She furrowed her eyes at him and kicked his feet. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter