#Practice 037

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 037
The relationship hanging between the edge of both sides, just right. 

 

"I like you too." Breath hitched, and burned with crackling passion. The numb sensation on her lips smacked, skipped her heart off the calm coast. What just happened? That was something even she couldn't explain. The numb feeling of her ear that heard those four words coming out of his mouth, as well as the unfamiliar touch that sent her up to cloud nine felt more than just warm. They were burning. Her heart that was once a calm sea shoved waves roaring down the peaceful coast. Mia breathed, fingers ran through her long, dark locks as she tries to focus in class. 

 

Despite the embarrassing event that happened in Mark's classroom, as well as a certain surprise gift that he gave her before returning to his class, she managed to drag her feet back to her classroom. She remembered the look her classmates gave her, but that didn't matter, not at the moment. Clicking her tongue, Mia briefly took a glance at the clock. It's almost lunch break. She pursed her lips and turned away, eyes stared out of the window this time. The leaves that were once green started frailing, and the wind was dancing in the shade of brown leaves.

 

Autumn is coming. 

 

Mia heaved a sigh, quiet enough not to catch the teacher's interest as she stared mindlessly. Touch.  burned. Flush. Her cheeks flared with a bright tint of scarlet at the thought. Red. She noticed the bright shade of color entering the classroom from the opposite. Blinked, her lashes fluttered slightly as she took note of the black jersey he wore. The jersey she held onto. She nibbled her lips and had it pressed shut. The lips that reminisces the gentle press clutched her heart, stirred, and pushed her off the edge of sanity.

 

The pure, clean line crumbled, blurred, and faded into nothing. And everything, every walls that she built up was rendered useless. 

 

Mark Tuan was just that contagious.

 

Ring. The bell went, but the girl wouldn't move from her seat. She sat, frozen stiff as she takes a deep breath. One connected bridge, and a few steps. That's all she needs to get to the red head that took over all her thoughts there. Steps. She heard. A lot of steps. Her soft expression hardened when she heard the soft tap on her desk.

 

"Mia-ssi." Soft, cheery voice. Yoo Jisoo. She turned, eyes briefly darted from girl to girl. She couldn't remember every one of their names, but that wasn't important. They weren't significant enough. She raised a brow and stared, waiting for the girl to speak. Jisoo had a small smile played on her face. Her hands were tugged neatly behind her back just as her soft brown curls ran beautifully by her side. A typical sweetheart. But Mia knew better than to presume that was the case. 

 

Nobody's perfect. She always tells herself that. 

 

"Can I have a word with you?" Jisoo asked, her voice sounded bright as usual. But there was a hint, just a short hint of urge in her voice that Mia couldn't pin point.

 

Mia's eyes turned to the girls who flinched immediately. Right, come to think of it, they were the ones who hurt Rian back then. She then turned her attention to Jisoo, who was still smiling brightly. "Make it short." She said shortly, eyes shifted back to the window, where she noticed him blinking his eyes at her. Chuckling, she saw him smile teasingly and nibbled her lips. God damn it. She mentally cursed and rolled her eyes on him. 

 

Jisoo pursed her lips as she notices the exchange and parted her lips. "Mia-ssi, are you and Mark oppa dating?" Froze, was Mia's body, tensed upon the question that she was being asked. What are we? She couldn't answer that. The soft, unreturned feelings that lingered by the grey line that defined their relationship wrapped, whispered the changes that could have happened. The consequences that could have happened if she were to cross that blurred, fading line. The fear of losing scared her, it scared her more to think that her mother's words had affected her, urging her to convey these unsettled heart to him.

 

But did you regret it? She turned to Jisoo, who looked upset for god knows what reason. "No." She stated clearly, though her heart stirred, upset with her own response. It was true, they weren't dating. It was just this skipping, fluttering heart that craved for his warmth. "Lies." Jisoo's words were sharp with confidence. Mia's brows furrowed. What the hell? She waited for Jisoo to continue. "Then what was the hug this morning?" Jisoo asked, her voice that was cheery sounded forceful there. 

 

Hug? Right, there was a short comfort he gave her this morning. The short moment of warmth that calmed her heart, distracted her thoughts off the uncomfortable feeling that lingers around her. "What about it?" She asked, eyes cold as she watched the girls who blinked their eyes at Jisoo's remark. It was unlikely for the girl to speak about Mark, knowing that she is JB's girlfriend. It felt weird, but none of them bothered to question her loudly. "It's just-" 

 

"Mia." That voice that called for her name surprised her. She flinched and snapped her attention to the man at the door. His hair was a red mess, flowed messily by the side of his face. His face? A flawless mess. His eyes scanned, briefly darted around the classroom that went silent upon his arrival. Casually, he walked towards her and leaned in, lips briefly brushed against her earlobe. "Let's go." Her breath hitched, stopped at the moment he grabbed her hand and pulled her up from her seat. Casually placing his hand behind her back, he guided her away, but not before he turns to the girls who were awestruck, downright surprised by his actions. 

 

"I'll be taking Mia." He smiled briefly, his smile slowly fades as his eyes lands on Jisoo and turned his attention back to Mia who frowned in confusion. What the hell, Mark? She pursed her lips as he chuckles lightly and pushes her out of her classroom, ignoring the eyes that were focused on them.

 

"Thought I'll be the knight for once." He slided the door close and smiled. His

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter