#Practice 017

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 017
Unwary actions always trigger dangerous alarms.

 

 

"You'll get into trouble if you sleep here." Great, now she's beginning to hear his voice. Mia groaned and opened her eyes, looking up to see the familiar sight of scarlet born. She blinked her eyes and bit her lips. She's even hallucinating now? She frowned and reached to rub her eyes, thinking that she might have been dreaming or so. 

 

She's still seeing him. 

 

Lifting her hand, she was ready to slap herself awake, when he immediately squated down and caught her hands before she can land them on her own cheeks. A light chuckle ran pass his lips as he smiled at her. "Eart to Mia." Mark smiled at the confused girl as he took in how adorable she looked as she stared at him, wide eyed. 

 

It's funny how they would end up meeting each other even when they least expected themselves to. 

 

Mark was too, trying to cool his mind when he decided to leave his friends back at his house to take a stroll around as he sorts out his feelings. He didn't want to make any mistakes that might harm Mia, he couldn't bear to. This feeling he had stored in his mind was like a loose grenade waiting to explode. One touch is all it takes for him to accidentally let it slip. And one mistake will cost him their friendship. 

 

This feeling is too dangerous for him to handle, and he didn't want to risk it. 

 

To seal it off was the first option when he was on his way to the park, but every idea, every option, and every thought he had in mind vanished the moment he sees the said girl sitting under the tree. He watched from afar. The way she subconsciously pouts as she watches the leaves fall, the way her brows would frown slightly at the sunlight that glared at her direction, and the way she's... being her. 

 

Everything that once felt so wrong, felt so right now.  

 

He gulped, seeing how she was starting to get comfortable and closed her eyes, her back leaning comfortably against the tree. He noticed a few men, probably students from other school passing by, their eyes seemed to have caught the sight of the relaxed raven and they started nudging each other. He frowned, feeling annoyed. 

 

Without thinking, he walked pass them with a cold gaze shot at them as he approaches the girl. She's really... He shook his head. 

 

"You'll get into trouble if you sleep here." He commented, and the girl opened her eyes, blinking innocently at him. There, he couldn't help but take in how her almond eyes widened seeing him standing in front of her. Of course she would be surprised. Anyone would after seeing someone you least expected to. She's going to think of me as a stalker or something. He mentally facepalmed, cursing himself for not thinking it through. He chuckled, releasing her hands after she came to realization that he is really in front of her, and she is not dreaming.  

 

Then what happens next was what he least expected. 

 

Mia reached to cup his cheeks, her brows frowned slightly as she shook his head, as if she was still not completely convinced that he is right before her. Mark blinked his eyes, confused of the girl's actions, but found it rather amusing. 

 

"Yah, you might snap my neck if we continue this." He smiled as she releases him. He playfully pressed his index finger between her brows, as if to soothen the crease and chuckled at the girl who slapped his hand away. "Shut up." She mumbled and looked away, avoiding his gaze as she drank her now chilled americano. The ice has already melted, completely washing off the bitterness of the coffee. 

 

Just like how she felt.

 

Mark shook his head and took her drink out of her hand, causing the latter to frown and glare at him. "I'm thirsty." He shook the drink and drank. He wasn't a big fan of plain black coffee, but seeing as he's thirsty, and there weren't any options to begin with, he took Mia's iced americano.

 

"Heol, it's bitter." He mumbled, and Mia rolled her eyes. "I-"

 

"2 shots." He took another sip. "How do you live with this?"

 

She snatched the drink from Mark's hand. "I'm alive now, aren't I?" She clicked her tongue and turned around, sipping the straw as Mark chuckles and gets up. He offered a hand, which Mia simply looked at. It's weird how her mood was easily lifted up just because he's here. She took his hand and he easily lifted her up. His free hand reached to grab a hold of her waist to ensure her balance when she straightens herself up.

 

"So how was your day?" Mark asked, as he carefully removed his arm from her waist. Though he made it seem like it was as casual as it gets, but deep down, for all she knows, his heart was beating fairly quickly.

 

"Boring." Mia chewed on the straw as she let out a frustrated sigh. "I hadn't complete my revision." She mumbled, and Mark raised an eyebrow.

 

"That's the first." He commented, and she nodded, agreeing with him. There is no way for her to disagree that she had been slacking out today, seeing that she has no books, no notes, no papers in her hands, and also the fact that she had just finished her iced americano.

 

Mark took the empty cup from her and threw it into the nearby trashcan. Mia pursed her lips and placed her hand over her chest. The tight, stuffy feeling was no longer there, and her once calm heartbeat was replaced with an enlightened beat strumming in her heart. She shook her head and ran her fingers through her hair, combing her hair back as the wind blew her hair forward.

 

This is starting to irritate her.

 

"The wind is getting stronger." Mark chuckled and grabbed a hold of her hair, pulling it into a high ponytai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter