#Practice 038

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 038
Love swings both ways, you get what I mean. 

 

Squeak. She leaned back against the couch as she watched the seven men move in synergy. Behind the glass, were a group of girls who decided to stay back to watch the last dance practice the boys were doing for the upcoming performance tomorrow. Boringly, Mia picked up the book she kept by her side and flipped. She was never into these things, it was just... Mark. She flipped the page with slight force, slicing the pages with loud slides. It's odd, it's weird, it's frustrating to think that it was just a few days ago when Mark decided to kiss her, not once, but twice. And immediately right after that, they had been so busy to the point where none of them can bring up the topic and talk about it. He had been busy with practices, and she had been busy with her studies, as well as trying to figure out the warning her mother gave her. 

 

"Watch your back." Those weren't exactly a warning, but from her mother's concerned tone and frowning brows, she can foresee something bad coming, something that she'll never expect. Her fingers paused as soon as the music stopped. "We'll take five." Rian announced and turned away immediately, shuffling out of the studio without giving a single comment. She noticed the look on JB's face, the look of concern and... pain. Turning away, she heaved a sigh and closed her book. She wasn't going to interfere with it. Not this time. 

 

"Bored?" She looked up, eyes blinked as she caught the eyes that looked down at her from above. Mark propped himself on the vacant seat beside her and leaned back. Sweat fell, tracing down his neck. His red hair too, was drenched in sweat, stuck flat on his forehead. He looked tired. She shook her head. "I'm fine." She said, turning to see the rest approaching them with wide grins on their faces. They had been the ones who had been teasing the living out of them for days since the embrace back in their dance class. Come to think of it, she wasn't exactly affected by it, not anymore. 

 

She could care less if people thinks that way anymore.

 

"Mia noona, will you be there to see us perform?" Bambam asked as he propped down on the floor, crossing his legs as he grins at the girl.

 

Mia blinked once. Her? Watching their performance? "No, she won't." She turned to Mark who looked away, chin propped on his palm as his eyes furrowed darkly. Mia pursed her lips. It didn't take an idiot to guess what he was thinking about. Jung Daehyun. She remembered the blonde back in the supermarket. His beautiful voice was a sweet melody, and she had to admit, he was quite good looking, tall too. But that was about it. There was nothing that she'll like to know about. He was just an eye candy. Someone that'll come and go. 

 

"Who said I won't?" She turned to Mark and raised an eyebrow. She didn't know where did she get all the courage to do that, but somehow, it felt as if she might just be able to win this round. Mark clicked his tongue. "Hyung, are you the controlling type?" Junior rolled his eyes. "Give the woman a choice yo." Jackson grinned and high-fived the man.

 

Mark groaned. It wasn't as if he didn't want Mia to come, it was more like he would rather keep her away from that certain blonde lad who seemed to have gained interest in her. It was annoying, the fact that he could ignore the cold presence Mia gives and slips right through like that. And the fact that Mia was this easily affected by the man for god knows what reason. It annoys him to bits thinking that she'd easily introduce herself to him when he wasn't given the same amount of treatment back then. 

 

Mia sighed and shook her head. "Mark." She tugged his grey shirt, but he didn't budge. Biting her cheeks, Mia heaved another sigh. "I won't go." She muttered, and he turned around, eyes frowned slightly at her answer. Oddly, though he knew it would have been safe if he keeps her away from Jung Daehyun. It was just too risky knowing that they're both friends despite all the odds in their actions and interactions. One wrong move, and he might just lose her there. But there was this small, slight feeling of disappointment bothering him. Honestly, he wanted her to be there. He wanted her to watch him, to look at him and only him.

 

"God damn it, Mark hyung, it's all your fault." Jackson pointed fingers at Mark and rolled his eyes. "Can't you see? Mia wanted to go, and you restricting her is just-" Click. Three girls entered the dance studio timidly and bowed. "Mark sunbae." Mia frowned slightly, eyes looked up to take a brief look at the situation. The girls had wrapped gifts in their hands, cheeks reddened and hands trembling. Ah. She pursed her lips and turned to the said man. 

 

"I... I wish you the best for tomorrow!" One bowed and presented the gift before him. The gift was small, wrapped in flower patterned wrapper and tied with a pink ribbon. Just the kind of gift that wavers a man's heart.

 

She shifted her gaze away. It wasn't just the fact that it's rude to watch the small exchange, it was just that... It felt uncomfortable to watch it. The tight, stuffy feeling on her chest sufforcates her. It reminded her of those days when she'd get the exact same feeling when Jisoo tries to talk to Mark, despite the fact that Jisoo is JB's girlfriend. Is she still though? She didn't know. Judging from the look on JB's face, it seemed like he was going to break it off anyway. But that wasn't any of her concerns. What's important is that she'd refuse to admit to this feeling that choked her breath. 

 

Warmth. She felt them on her hand. "I'm sorry." Her ears picked up the serious tone on his voice. "I can't accept them." He smiled and turned away. His large palm that placed casually on her hand felt warm, warmer when his fingers laced with hers behind their backs. It was exactly the simple gestures that Mark Tuan would make just to comfort her. She suddenly felt childish for sulking over the fact that girls approached him. It was embarrassing, and she'd promise to bring this down her grave forever. 

 

"Savage." Jackson commented and grinned at Mark. "Probably because Mia's here." Junior shrugged casually and grinned when the elder man looked up with a glare. They won't stop teasing them. Mark sighed and turned to Mia. "Ignore them." He said, voice sounded almost demanding. She nodded hesitatingly. It wasn't as if she hadn't been iignoring their teases already.

 

"Sorry I was late. Let's get back to practice." The door swung open, and Rian came back with a wide smile played on her face. She had changed out of her previous outfit, and her hair was slightly drenched. "Did you take a shower or something?" Jackson chuckled, and Rian smiled. "Heh~" She grinned and turned to the music player. JB furrowed his eyes. She wasn't exactly answering the question. Acting as casual as possible, he approached the girl and tapped her shoulder, surprising the girl. She turned around, eyes rounded at the man. "Yes?" She faked a smile, but he saw through it. "What happened?" He frowned. He noticed the odd movements she had when she entered the room. She was holding her arm for far too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter