#Practice 036

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 036
Bold actions can be good sometimes. 

 

Tick, tick. Her eyes dropped to the cold winter at the sight of that certain someone that she least expected... Or least wanted to see. It was an expected visit, she knew it. She should have expected as much, judging from the observations and evidence of her presence. But she still help the fury that built up on her supposedly ice, cold heart. She thought that she had thrown away the ability to anger over that woman. But it turns out that she hasn't gotten over it.

 

The sight of her mother sitting by the couch with a wide smile played on her face as she talks to her teacher, that sight is pure sickening.  

 

"It's been a long while, Mia-" 

 

"Cut the crap." Her voice sounded cold the moment the school staff leaves the room. It was just the two of them, so there was no need to hold back. She wasn't going to be rational with this, knowing that this woman had the capability to take her back into that hell hole without her consent. "I'm not going back." She said sternly.

 

"Lee Mia." Don't call my name. She furrowed her eyes at the woman who brought her to this world. Vexing as it sounds, that woman's voice, her looks, as well as her personality mirrors hers. It was almost felt disgusting thinking that she could possibly be a clone of this woman's. Mia looked away. 

 

"Just leave like you used to." Her words were sharp. She was determined to make sure that this woman wouldn't get a chance to take her back. This woman is smart, she wouldn't bluntly take her away in a public area, the circumstances wouldn't allow her to. And Mia learned to take advantage of that fact. 

 

The woman sighed, her eyes scanned around the room before standing up and walked up to the window. She pulled the blinds. "Please come home." She turned back to Mia, her eyes frowned deeply. The wrinkles on her face showed the fatigue that built up over the years, and the smile that she usually plasters on her face seemed to have wavered, dropped drastically into a sad, depressed smile. But Mia wasn't going to give in, she never will.

 

"My home is here, not there." Mia's voice was cold, sharp as the blades of ice that spiked through the chilling wind. "If you have nothing better to say, please leave."

 

"Mia, please just listen to me." Clenched, she saw the tight fist that was placed on the woman's lap. She was pissed, completely angered by her words. Of course, who wouldn't, when their daughters gave them a cold shoulder even though they might have deserved it? Mia knew it was rude of her to treat her mother like this, but she couldn't. She didn't have the heart to forgive a woman who left her father, a woman who left her. It was unlike her to act irrationally towards someone, but this wasn't just anyone, it was the woman who twisted her world into a nightmare that she couldn't escape. So she knew better, she definitely knew better than to give in to the woman. 

 

"This isn't a joke, Lee Mia." Her mother breathed, as if trying to control her temper. "Please, let's go home."

 

"No." Sharply, she spoke. Her answer was final, there was no way for this woman to change her answer no matter what she has to say. She wasn't going to let her take her away, not at all. She didn't want to leave, not when she had finally tasted the freedom that she craved for... Not when she had him there with her. "Mia, please..." She looked away, a deep, heavy sigh ran pass her lips as she tightened her fist that unwarily formed by her side. 

 

Leave already. Her eyes twitched, annoyed with the woman before her. Does she think that by acting so pathetically, she's give in and go with her? She watched as the woman take in a shaky breath and run her fingers through her hair. It was a small habit that she knew she had as well, but she wasn't going to say anything about it. "Mia, you need to come with me. It's only safe if you're here. I'll make sure that you're safe-" 

 

"I felt more safe here than with you." Mia cut her off once more. Mia was bound to not give the woman a chance to speak, no. She won't give her even the slightest chance to convince her otherwise. Stubbornly, she clicked her joints and breathed. "Just leave." She repeated again.  

 

"Was it the boy?" Halt, her movements stopped. Boy? She turned around, eyes squinted at the woman whom she called her mother. "It was the boy wasn't it." 

 

"So it was you..." She breahted, eyes flared in fury as she watch the woman cast a sigh and looked away. Unbelievable. She thought. To think that the woman who was supposed to be her mother, would drop as low as to spy on her. "Do you like the boy that much? Love changes, you know that-"

 

"To think that I'll hear that coming from you." Cold, but slightly wavered. Mia realized that as well. Her defenses were slowly dropping, crushing and crumpling as the clock ticks pass. She tried, she's trying her best to hold back from snapping at the woman before her. She wanted to scream, to shout at her for being a failure as a mother, but she couldn't. She didn't want to. The reminisces of her mother's gentle voice held her back, the beautiful memories that crushed along with the warm picture of her family burned along with the betrayal that stabbed through her heart, everything felt so painful, so hurting. 

 

"Lee Mia, you don't understand-" Her mother tried to reach to grab her hand, but she flinched back, her hand reacted and avoided the touch. 

 

"Then explain to me! What don't I understand?!" She shouted. For once in her lifetime, she shouted at the top of her lungs.  

 

"My life wasn't as bad when you left. But why did you come back? Why must you come back after dad died?!" Pants, she felt pants pumped her heart in a rushing, unsettled speed as she roughly runs her fingers through her dark locks. The mother whom she once looked up to, the mother whom she once loved, the mother who trampled, crushed... Betrayed her. She blinked the tears off her redden eyes. Her jaw clenched, tightened as she forces the flames that were burning her soul down.

 

"Mia..."

 

"Please leave." Mia muttered. "Just leave me like you did for the first time, Lee Minah." 

 

Turning her back against the elder woman, she walked towards the door.

 

"And please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter