Chapter 9

Packs and Clans

We'll let Kourtney decided this time.

Kourtney looked at Kris in surprise.

"You're having me decide the order?" she asked.

Kris nodded. "Yup, we'll show you our powers in whatever order you'd like."

Kourtney looked around, trying to decide who she'd like to go first. She giggled as she saw an eager Tao pointing at himself, bouncing.

"Well, I think I'll start with Tao since he seems the most excited." Kourtney said.

"Yay!" Tao jumped forward, a big grin on his face. Everyone else backed up, giving him some room. Tao pointed to the ground by Kourtney. "Pick up that rock and throw it at me."

Kourtney looked down to see a small rock at her feet and picked it up. 

"You want me to throw this at you?" she asked, not sure she heard right.

Tao nodded." As hard as you can."

Kourtney hesiated a bit, not wanting to hurt him, then took a deep breath and threw the rock as hard as she could towards him. Kourtney was sure it was going to hit him, but was shocked when it suddenly stopped in midair, just in front of his face. Tao grinned as she walked over to poke the rock. It didn't budge.

"Look behind you." Tao said, and Kourtney turned to see everybody else completely frozen where they stood.

"What is...?" Kourtney breathed, not sure what was happening.

"My power is time control." Tao explained. "I can freeze time, rewind time, and forward time."

"Wow," Kourtney grinned. "That's a handy ability."

"Yeah, but I can't use it for very long." Tao sighed. "Same with the others' powers."

He stepped to the side and the rock suddenly flew past him, landing on the ground. Everyone and unfrozen as well, not dazed in the slightest.

"He show you it already?" Hana asked.

Kourtney nodded. "Yeah, it's really cool." 

Kai smirked. "If you thought that was cool, wait until you see everyone else's."

"So, who's next?" Sara asked.

"Hana," Kourtney replied, smiling.

Hana skipped forward. "Then it's both me and Lay up next." she grinned. "We both have the same power."

Kourtney's eyes widened. "Really?" 

Lay quietly stepped next to Hana, who was pursing her lips.

"Let's see,"Hana said, "How should we show you?" She glanced over at her mate. "Sweetie? Would you be so kind?"

Kai smirked as he went over to Hana's side. "Anything for you, babe."

Kourtney watched in shock as Kai pulled out a small pocketknife from his back pocket and sliced his left palm.

"Kai!" Kourtney screamed. "Why'd you do that?"

Kai rolled his eyes. "So Hana can show you her power, idiot."

Hana took Kai's injured hand and placed her hand on top of the cut. Her hand suddennly began to glow a bright white and after a few seconds disappeared. Hana removed her hand and Kourtney looked to see that the cut that was there before was gone.

"Hana and I both have healing powers." Lay explained. "We can heal almost any wound, especially minor ones like cuts and bruises. However, there is a limit to it."

Kourtney nodded. "Tao mentioned that everyone's powers has a limit."

"That's correct," Hana said. "We all have what we call energy inside, and however much we have determines how much we can use our powers at a time. For healers, we have a smaller amount than the others and can't use it as much."

"We can heal larger or more serious injuries," Lay continued. "But the time and energy it would take would completely drain us."

"It's also one of the more rare powers for a werewolf to have." Hana added.

"Rare?" Kourtney asked.

"To explain," Sara said. "Werewolves are born with one of twelve different powers. Of the twelve, four are more common, four are less common, and four are very rare."

"Time is also a very rare power to have." Kris added, which Tao responded to with a shy smile. Kris turned to Kourtney. "Who's next?"

Kourtney looked over at Kai and Hana. "How about Kai next?"

Kai grinned before suddenly dissapearing.

Kourtney blinked in surprise. "Huh? Where'd he go?"

"Over here!" she heard Kai call and she quickly turned around to see him on the other side of the clearing, waving. Before Kourtney could recall what happened, Kai suddenly disappeared again and appearead in fronf of her, startling her.

"Kai!" Hana stomped over, slapping Kai on the arm. "You nearly gave her a heart attack!"

"OW!" Kai whined. "That hurt, Hana! I thought you were supposed to be a healer!"

"Oh, quit being such a baby!" Hana rolled her eyes, dragging Kai away. "That barely hurt compared to the cut you had a minute ago!" She grinned back at Kourtney. "Kai's power is teleportation. Not much to explain about that."

"Hey!" Kai yelled.

Hana ignored him, continuing. "Basically he can teleport anywhere he wants to, but the farther he goes or the more times he does it, the more energy it drains. Okay, next!"

Kourtney laughed as Kai began pouting down at Hana before turning to the youngest. "Sehun, you go next."

Sehun nodded and moved to stand across from Kourtney. After a few moments, a big gust of wind blew, and Kourtney at first thought it was just the natural weather, but then she noticed Sehun's smirk. 

"Sehun, your power is wind?" Kourtney asked, to which the youngest replied with a nodd. 

"Wind is pretty much under my control," Sehun explained. "Something the others forgot to mention is that those with very rare powers have less energy inside them and those with more common powers have the most."

"So, then your's is one of the more common ones?" Kourtney questioned.

Sehun nodded. "That's right." 

"And because of that, you can use your powers longer without losing energy?"

"Yup."

Kourtney smiled, glad that she was learning more about everyone and more excited to see the others' powers.

"Sara, you next."

Sara stepped forward, as well as Suho. 

"Sara and I share the same power." Suho stated.

Kourtney nodded. "Cool. Let's see it, then."

Sara and Suho both held out a hand and Kourtney watched in awe as water began to form, taking the shape of a small watery sphere. 

"Our powers," Sara explained. "Allow us to create and bend water. However, we can't freeze or heat it."

"So, you could make,like, a big wave in the ocean?" Kourtney guessed.

Suho nodded. "Yes. Going up against us near a lake or ocean would be..." he chuckled. "Well, it would be foolish."

Kourtney nodded in agreement.

"Our power is one of the most common,"Sara continued. "Like Sehun, we have a large amount of energy and can use our powers longer."

Next, Kourtney chose Luli. She stepped forward with Luhan. Same blood and same power, huh? Cool.

Luhan pointed his thumb towards the fire pit. "See all those chairs over there?"

Kourtney looked just in time to see the lawn chairs start floating off the ground. "Oh my..."

Luli smiled. "Luhan and I have the power of telekinesis. We can move anything, big or small."

"Unfortunately," Luhan continued. "It's a less common one than Sehun's win or Sara and Suho's water, so we don't have as much energy as them."

"We do, however, have more energy than Tao, Hana, and Lay." Luli added. "Basically, it's like we're in the middle."

"Can you move people?" Kourtney asked.

Luhan nodded and stepped toward Kourtney cautiously. "May I?"

Kourtney nodded. A few seconds later, she was slowly floating up from the ground. Luhan move her up a few feet, before slowly moving her back down.

"That's amazing." Kourtney said, smiling at the two siblings, who returned it with smiles of their own.

Chanyeol clapped his hands together. "Well! Who's next, Kourtney?"