Chapter 17

Packs and Clans

During the two hours, Key moved Chen upstairs into a room next to the one Tao was. As he had said, both were in extreme pain and their cries could faintly be heard from downstairs, even with the bedroom doors shut. Throughout the time, Kourtney, Sara, Hana, and Kala stayed in the rooms with the boys, changing rooms every thirty minutes. Chanyeol, D.O, and Suho stayed in Tao's room and BamBam, Key, Kai, and April stayed in Chen's room, trying their best to comfort the two. Those still injured, as well as Taemin and Seohyeon stayed downstairs while Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk remained oustide on guard. Lay was in a room a few doors down from Chen's room, working on the potion.

Finally, after two long excruciating hours, Lay barged into Tao's room and quickly had him drink it, doing the same with Chen. After a few minutes, Kourtney watched in relief as Chen began to settle down. His quick breathing slowed down and soon he had relaxsed into sleep. Beside Kourtney, Hana sighed in relief.

"It's finally over." 

Kourtney nodded, not taking her eyes off of the now snoozing boy.

"The posion should be completely out of his system in a few more hours." Lay explained. "By then, I'll be able to fully heal his side wound." Kourtney had learned that any wounds infected with the Howlion couldn't be healed until it was gone.

"You should get some rest, Lay. You look exhausted." Kourtney said. 

Lay nodded. "Thanks, Kourtney. I will."

Onew then entered the room, Jonghyun following.

"Is he alright?" Onew asked, worry on his face.

BamBam nodded. "Both Tao and Chen took the potion Lay made so the posion will be gone soon."

Onew smiled. "That's good. I'm glad we were all able to get there in time."

Key, who was sitting beside Kourtney, leaned over and pute his head in his hands, heaving a big sigh. Kourtney rubbed his back.

"You and Hana should get some rest, too." Kourtney glanced over at Hana, who looked very weary.

"I'm going to check on Tao and Baekhyun first, then I will." Hana flashed a tried smile before stepping out.

"Jonghyun and I are going to head back home," Onew said. "We've gotta check perimiter barriers to make sure rouges won't be able to get through again."

"All the neighboring packs and clans have been notified of what happened." Jonghyun added. "They'll check the barriers at their territoires as well."

"Good. We don't want those creeps gettin' on out turf again." Kai stated before leaving to go join Hana. 

"Key, can you come help? I need Minho and Taemin to stay here in case there's another attack. We'll come back later." Onew said.

Key nodded before standing up. As he started to walk, he suddenly collapsed and would have hit the floor if Jonghyun hadn't caught him. At that time, Sara and Kala had entered the room.

"Key, are you okay?" Kourtney gasped. 

"He's fine." Jonghyun stated, Key hanging limp in his arms. "He just fainted. Idiot overused his powers again."

Onew turned to Sara. "Would it be okay for him to rest here?"

Sara nodded. "Or course. You didn't even have to ask."

She helped Jonghyun carry Key out, moving him to another bedroom as Onew followed. 

"We'd better head out." Kala glanced at April. "We should help N and Leo check the barriers."

April nodded, her usual grin absent. "Okay."

"We'll be back soon." Kala said as she and April left. A few seconds later, Sara walked in, sitting down by Kourtney beside Chen's bed.

BamBam suddenly sniffed the air. "Looks like my pack's back. I'll head downstairs."

After he left, Sara glanced over at Kourtney. "Why don't you go downstairs? I'm sure BamBam would love for you to meet his pack."

"Are you sure?" Kourtney shifted her gaze to Chen. "I can stay and help you-"

"It'll be fine. I'll watch over Chen until Lay or Hana comes back."

Kourtney nodded before stepping out of the room. She quickly made her way to Tao's room to check on him. Like Chen, he was fast asleep, with Chaneyol, D.O, and Suho still watching over him. Smiling, she headed downstairs, where Kris, Xiumin, Luhan, Luli, and Sehun were conversing with BamBam and six other guys Kourtney didn't know. She recognized two of them, remembering them having been there when she first entered the cabin. Baekhyun was still asleep on the couch, with Hana and Kai sitting on the floor by him. Noticing Kourtney, Kris waved for her to come over.

"Kourtney, come meet JB's pack!"

JB? Kourtney slowly made her way over, standing by Sehun.

A boy with dark silver hair stepped forward, giving Kourtney a quick wave. "Hi, I'm JB, the Alpha of the pack."

Kourtney smiled. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kourtney."

JB introduced his pack. "My three Betas are Mark," a boy with brick red hair waved. "Jackson." A boy with dark brown hair wearing a snapback nodded, giving a smirk. "And Youngjae." A boy with very dark blue hair waved with both his hands, grinning. "The others are Jr." The black haired boy from before. "BamBam." Kourtney smiled and waved to him, who did the same. "And last but not least, the youngest, Yugyeom." He was the tall boy with the dark brown hair. 

After a few moments, Kris sighed. "JB, again I can't thank you enough for coming to out aid. Both you and Onew's pack and N's clan...we're indebted to you."

"Just helping out dear friends." JB smiled. "I know you guys would have done the same for us."

Kris nodded. "And we will if the need ever comes."

Hana slowly got up and walked over, giving Kourtney a small smile before turning to BamBam. 

"Thank again, BamBam. For saving Baekhyun. It means so much to me." 

BamBam nodded. "You're welcome."

Hana then looked at Mark. "And I haven't had the chance to thank you too, Mark. So, thank you." Mark smiled as he bowed his head.

"Thank him for what?" Kourtney asked.

"Mark is the one who saved Chen." Kris explained. 

Kourtney's eyes widened as she looked at Mark. "You're the one who saved Chen."

Mark nodded. "Yeah."

"Then let me thank you, too. You as well BamBam." Kourtney felt a lump in and fought to hold her tears back. "Though I've only been around for a few days, I've grown to really care for those two. When I thought they were going to die..." her voice wavered. "I don't know what I would have done if..." Her voice broke and she felt a few tears fall as Hana pulled her into a hug.

"I know how you feel, Kourtney." Hana spoke gently. "But it's okay now. They're both okay and that's all that matters."

Kourtney pulled back from the hug, wiping away the tears, giving Hana a grateful smile.

Kris clapped his hands together. "Well, we should all try and get some sleep. Minho, Taemin, Seohyeon, Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk will keep watch outside so rest easy."

JB nodded. "Mark and Jackson have agreed to help outside as well." He motioned to his other pack members." The rest of you, find somewhere to sleep."

Hana placed a hand on Kourtney's shoulder. "I was planning on taking over the other couch. Wanna share?"

"Wouldn't you rather share with Kai?"

Kai chuckled. "It's fine, I can take the floor."

Hana nodded. "Baekhyun will probably be the first one to wake up and I'm sure he'd love it we were both there when he does."

"Yeah, good point." Kourtney agreed. "Let's share then."

 

A/N: Wow! Over 30 subscribers! Thanks guys! I feel the love! <3