Chapter 13

Packs and Clans

Early the next morning, Kourtney woke up cuddled inside her sleeping bag. She rubbed her eyes sleepily and looked around, smiling as she looked at Baekhyun and Chen's sleeping forms. Kris had decided to let you share one of the large tents with them and even though there was a lot of room inside, both boys had decided to sleep on both ends of the tent, giving Kourtney more than enough space to sleep. 

Baekhyun, who was on the right side, was halfway out of his sleeping bag, sprawled out on his back. His head was on the ground instead of his pillow and his mouth was wide open. Kourtney giggled softly at the sight, getting up to carefully move Baekhyun back over so his head was resting on his pillow. She also carefully moved him back inside the sleeping bag and putting the blanket, which he had completely kicked off, back over it.

Chen, on the the left side, was sleeping on top of his sleeping bag, snuggled in a thick blanket on his side. His mouth was closed as he breathed through his nose. Kourtney noticed that one of his feet was sticking out from under the blanket and quickly covered it. Very quitley, she left the tent, careful to not awake them.

Outisde, Kris, Sara, and D.O were up and awake, the latter making breakfast. Kris was sitting in a chair with Sara on his lap. As she walked over, Sara got up and gave her a quick hug.

"How'd you sleep, sweetie?" She asked. 

"Like a baby."

Kris nodded his head toward the tent. "Tweedle dee and tweedle dum didn't bother you, did they?"

Kourtney giggled. "No, they didn't. "

"Good. But if they ever do, let me know and I'll make them sleep outside."

Kourtney nodded before going over to D.O. "Need any help?"

"Actually, I'm just about done." He replied, scooping a large amount of scrambled eggs onto a plate. 

Kris stood up. "Well then, guess we should wake up the others."

"I'll wake up Baek and Chen." Kourtney volunteered before going back into the tent. She went over and knelt down beside Baekhyun, shaking him gently.

"Hey, Baek. Time to get up. Breakfast's amost ready."

Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes, blinking a few times before groaning and moving onto his back. "I don't wanna." He moaned and

Kourtney laughed as she patted his back. "Come on, Baek." No response. She suddenly remembered a previous action of Hana's. "Don't make me sit on you."

Baekhyun glanced up at her. "You wouldn't."

Kourtney grinned before starting to move to sit on him. He quickly flipped over, sitting up.

"Okay! Okay! I'm up! Don't sit on me!"

Kourtney smriked in victory and giggled when Baekhyun pouted. She ruffled his hair before moving over to Chen. She gently shook his shoulder.

"Chen, wake up."

He opened an eye to look at her before closing it, snuggling deeper into his blanket.

"Come on, Chen. It's time for breakfast."

"Not hungry." He grumbled. "Go away."

Kourtney smiled. "Come on, Chen" She pulled on his arm. "Kris wants you to get up."

"Screw him."

Baekhyun snickered behind them and Kourtney rolled her eyes. 

"Guess you leave me no choice then." She stated before grabbing his blanket and throwing it off.

He glared up at her, which she responded to with a smirk as she moved closer to him. His eyes widened in surprise.

"Hey, w-what are you doing?" He stuttered.

She didn't respond, instead jamming her fingers into his side, tickling him.

"Ah! Wait! Kourtney!" He yelped in between laughs. "Please! Stop!"

"Are you gonna get up?"

"Yes!" 

Giggling, Kourtney stopped. Chen sat up, running a hand thorug his hair before giving her a mischevous smirk. Kourtney realized what he was going to do.

"No, wait-"

Chen pounced on her and began to tickle her as Baekhyun watched in amusement. Kourtney was laughing so hard she could barely breathe and fought uselessly against Chen's strength. 

Chen!" She managed to squeal out. "Please stop!" 

He did, chuckling as she tried to catch her breath. She froze when she realized the position they were in. She was laying on her back with Chen's body over hers. And he was straddling her.

Kourtney blushed. "Uh..."

Realizing his position as well, Chen's eyes widened before he quickly moved off of her, turning away to hide his own blush.

"Sorry." He muttered before rushing out of the tent. 

Kourtney sat up, watching him as he left. As she got up, she glanced over at Baekhyun, who looked deep in thought.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

Baekhyun shook his head. "It's nothing. Let's go." 

They left the tent and joined the others, now awake, around the fire pit. She noticed that Chen was avoiding eye contact with her and stayed away from her. 

......

After breakfast, Kris got everyone's attention. "Kala called me this morning. She said that the clan wants to meet Kourtney."

"Clan?" Kourtney's eyes widened. "As in vampires?" Her hand moved to her neck as she remebered the night she was attacked.

"No need to worry," Hana reassured her. "These guys won't hurt you. And if they did, I'd kill 'em."

Kris nodded. "Their clan is really close with us and I'd love for you to meet them."

Kourtney was still worried about being around vampires but managed a smile. "Okay."

"As for the others, I'd like Baekhyun, Chen, D.O, Kai, Hana, Xiumin, and Luli to accompany her."

Xiumin and Luli nodded, Kai and Hana both gave a loud "Yay!", D.O just nodded, and Baekhyun smiled at Kourtney. Chen looked uncomfortable and Kourtney quickly looked down, blushing as she remembered what had happened that morning.

"Kourtney?" She looked up to see Baekhyun giving her a worried look. "You okay?"

Kourtney nodded. "I'm fine."

"Okay." He suddenly looked nervous. "So...it'll be faster if we run. Is...I mean, would you...like to ride on my back again?"

Kourtney giggled at his shyness and nodded. "Sure. are you going to change?"

"Actually, I was gonna stay like this. It only takes about ten minutes to reach the border." He replied with a smile.

"Okay, sounds good." 

They quickly prepared to leave before Kourtney climbed onto Baekhyun's back wrapping her arms around his neck. She looked to the side to see Chen giving them a dirty look before Baekhyun started to run.

After ten minutes, Baekhyun slowed down to a stop, as well as the others. He let Kourtney down and she looked to see a girl and a boy standing across from them. They were both tall, the girl with long striaght black hair and the boy with very blonde hair, his bangs cut in a v-shape style. 

"You guys made it." The boy said, grinning. "Come on over."

Xiumin and Luli walked over to the two and everyone else followed. Kai went over to hug the boy.

"Long time no see, Ravi!" 

The boy, Ravi, nodded. "Good to see you guys again."

"Chen!" Kourtney looked over to see the girl almost tackle Chen down with a hug, a huge grin on her face.

Chen chuckled. "Hey, April. See you haven't changed."

April giggled. "And I don't plan to."

Kourtney stayed behind the pack, nervous to be around the two vampires. She noticed that both Ravi and April had red eyes, just like the ones who had attacked her. Hana noticed and gave her a pat on the back.

"It's okay, Kourtney." She reassured, pulling her towards Kai and Ravi.

Ravi eyed Kourtney in curiosity. "So this the human girl we heard about." He gave her a kind smile. "Kourtney right?"

Kourtney nodded, unable to say anything, afraid her voice might squeak.

Ravi held out his hand for her to shake. "It's nice to meet you. My name's Ravi." 

Kourtney hesitated before reaching out and shaking his hand, expecting it to be cold like her attacker's. It wasn't. She jumped when April suddenly appeared in front of her, the smae big grin on her face.

"Hi Kourney!" She greeted. "I'm April!"

"April!" Ravi scolded. "Don't scare her!"

April gasped and gave Kourtney an apolgetic look. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!"

Kourtney blinked. "Uh...no, it's fine." She gave a nervous smile. "It's...nice to meet you, April."

April's big grin returned and she gave Kourney a big hug.

"Yay! I made a new friend!"

Kourtney's skin wasn't cold either. And she also noticed that her skin tone wasn't pale, but tan.

Ravi clapped his hands together. "Well! We should head out! The rest of the clan's dying to meet you!"

 

Author's Note: Thanks to all my new subscribers as well as those who have commented! I have a lot of free time today and tomorrow so expect a few more updates! :)