Chapter 16

Packs and Clans

Author's Note: I had so much free time today I coldn't resist doing another chapter! :)

 

 

A loud howl suddenly rang through the forest and Kourtney looked to see a reddish brown wolf knock the rogue vampire away from Chen, as well as a smaller yellow and brown wolf pull the rogue werewolf off of Baekhyun. Relief flowed through her as twelve other wolves ran into the clearing, fighting off the rogues, as well as N and his clan. She saw Lay running over to Chen, so she quickly went over to Baekhyun.

He had rolled over on his uninjured shoulder, clutching his arm which was bleeding heavily and was in pain Kourtney glanced behind her, noticing that Hana was running over to them. She began to Bakehyun's hair.

"It's gonna be okay, Baek." she whispered, her voice trembling. "Hana's going to heal you. You're gonna be alright."

Hana quickly raeched them, kneeling beside Baekhyun. She moved him so was laying on his back and began to examine his wounds. Kourtney saw that her hands were trembling.

"I've gotta heal his arm first." Hana placed a hand over his arm, her power quickly activating. 

Kourtney looked around to see that the rouges were being pushed back. Ravi and two wolves, both with dark fur, were helping Kai and Chanyeol. Leo, Ken, and a large golden brown wolf were with D.O, who had fallen to the ground in exhaustion. Suho fought alongside N, and two wolves, one with yellow and white fur and the other with silver fur. Hongbin, Hyuk, and a wolf with white and grey fur protected the injured Xiumin, Luhan, and Luli. April and Kala went over to help Lay with Chen. Kourtney glanced over to see the reddish brown wolf grip the rogue vampire's neck in its jaws, biting down hard, finally killing him. The brown and yellow wolf had taken care of the rogue werewolf as well and hurried over to where Kourtney and the others were, protecting them from any future attacks.

After a few minutes, the rouges began to flee, now having to chance at winning. 

"Leo! Ken! After them!" N ordered, chasing after the rogues with the two following.

The wolf with yellow and white fur gave a loud bark and he followed as well with the white and grey wolf and the large golden brown wolf. The silver wolf trotted over to Kris, who was being looked after by Sara. 

"We're fine now, thanks." Kris hissed in pain. "Go get those bastards."

The wolf nodded and gave a loud bark. He hurried into the forest with the reddish brown wolf following him, as well as two others, one large with brown and black fur and the other slightly smaller with darkish blue fur. 

The brown and yellow wolf stood by Baekhyun's side and nuzzled its muzzle against the side of his face, wining. Hana smiled up at the wolf.

"Thank you BamBam." She had finished healing Baekhyun's arm and was now out of breath. She took a deep breath. "I can only heal his shoulder a little bit, but it's better than nothing."

Kourtney started at the small wolf. "BamBam?"

Hana nodded. "He's from another pack, one you haven't met yet. There's seven of them all together and all of them are guys. BamBam's one of the younger ones."

Kourtney smiled as she reached over and petted BamBam's neck. "Thanks for saving Baek, BamBam."

BamBam nodded, Baekhyun's face before trotting over to Lay healing Chen. Hana moved her hand off of Baekhyun's shoulder, sighing with exhaustion. Baekhyun had lost conciousness, but was breathing more evenly.

"That's all I can do right now." Hana brushed some strands of hair out of Baekhyun's face. "He'll be alright, though."

"Kris!" Kourtney heard Lay call. She looked over to see Lay glancing over at the Alpha with worry on his face. Sara helped Kris over and Kourtney went over to kneel beside Lay. BamBam was laying beside Chen, whimpering. 

"What is it?" Kris asked. 

Lay had his hand on Chen's side wound, which was still bleeding. He glanced up at Kris in fear. 

"Howlion." He whispered. 

Kris's eyes widened.

"To the cabin! Now!"

........

Kourtney rode on BamBam's back on the way to the cabin. At first she was nervous about it since he was so small, but he quickly zipped through the forest, careful to not let her fall. Once they reached the cabin, BamBam slowed down, letting Kourtney climb off as he stopped at the front stairs.

It was a two story cabin, built with very light colored logs. There was also a long stream to the side. Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk were standing outisde, keeping guard.

Kourtney quickly ran inside, stopping as she registered the scene before her. Sehun, Kris, Luhan, Xiumin, and Luli were sitting at a table as Hana, Sara, D.O, Key, and Kala treated their wounds, with Suho, Kai, Teamin, and Seohyun standing beisde them. Tao, Kourtney learned, was upstairs resting. Baekhyun and Chen were layed out on the two couches by the fireplace. Baekhyun was sleeping, Chanyeol at his side. Lay was by Chen's side, as well as April. There were two other boys inside, one with black hair and the other one taller with dark brown hair. 

Chen was in pain and Kourtney moved over to kneel by Lay.

"Is he going to be okay?"

Lay sighed. "He will, but...it's going to take a while."

"How come?"

"The wound in his side has poison in it." Lay explained. "I can make a potion to cure it, but it'll take me two hours."

Kourtney's eyes widened. "Poision? But won't it kill him by then?"

Lay shook his head. "Not this kind. This poision...it was created by the hunters."

"The hunters? Wait, then why did the rogues have...?"

Lay shrugged. "I've been asking myself the same question." He placed his hand on top of Chen's hand it started to glow. "I'll try to ease his pain before I go make the potion."

"What exactly is the poision?"

"It's called Howlion." Key explained, walking over. "It's a terrible poision the hunters created. Once in the system, no matter how much it is, it slowly and painfully kills the victim. It takes about two days for the poision to...complete it's purpose."

"Two days?" Kourtney gasped. 

"The pain is..."Lay shuddered. "Excruciating and almost unbearable. It starts thirty minutes after the posion is injected. Tao was infected as well when he was attacked."

Kourtney petted Chen's head as he continued to painfully groan, sweat beating out all over his body.

"You should hurry." Key stated. "I'll take over."

Lay nodded. "Thank you."

Lay stood up and hurried upstairs as Key took his place. Key gently moved Chen to his side so his back was facing them. Kourtney gasped as she saw five long gashes running down Chen's back. They looked like they had been healed a little bit, but they were still bleeding a little bit. Key pressed both his hands against Chen's back as a glow emerged from them.

"You can heal, too?" Kourtney had forgotten that other werewolves besides Kris's pack had powers as well.

Key nodded. "One in a few."

After a few minutes, the gashes had closed up and almost complettely healed. Key took a few deep breath, moving Chen so he was laying on his back again. 

"The only downside is that it can't be used for very long."

Kourtney nodded. "Lay and Hana explained that to me."

Key glanced at Chen in sympathy. "In a few minutes, the effects of the posion will kick in. It's not going to be pretty."

"Is there any way we can ease the pain?" Kourtney continued to Chen's hair as his groaning became louder. 

Key sighed. "There's no medicine that can keep him unconcious through it. There is a potion that works but...we don't have any and it takes over three hours to make." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Plus, out of the three of us, Lay's the only one who knows how to make it properly."

The door opened and a boy entered the cabin. He was only wearing a pair of sweats and had brown hair with his front bangs dyed blonde. He also had a cute baby face. He noticed Baekhyun on the couch and moved over to sit by Chanyeol.

"How's he doing?" He asked.

Chanyeol gave a small smile. "He'll be okay. You're that one that saved him, right? Thank you."

They boy nodded and then scooted over to sit between Kourtney and Key.

"BamBam?" Kourtney guessed.

He nodded. "Uh-huh. How's Chen doing?"

"Not good." Key replied. "Lay's making the potion right now, but..."

BamBam looked at Chen sadly. "It takes a while to make, right?"

"And until then..."Key sighed. "It's gonna be painful."

"Lay mentioned that Tao has it too. Will it be the same for him?" Kourtney asked.

Key sighed again, already looking exhausted. "Yup. For the next two hours...they're gonna be in hell."

 

Author's Note: Aww...I feel bad for doing this to Chen and Tao.(sad face)