Chapter 30

Packs and Clans

After that night, Kourtney and Chen began having a secret relationship, agreeing that they didn't want to risk figuring out what would happen of anyone found out, more specifically Kris, JB, and Mark. Thankfully, Kris was too busy getting the pack ready for the upcoming Council's tournament that the two were able to find moments to spend together. A lot of the time, they'd just end up at the waterfall, since it was far away from everyone else. 

Mark would come over to visit sometimes, much to Chen's dismay, and take Kourtne out on walks so the two could get to know each other better, as well as to to not feel as awkward around each other. Kourtney felt, since she was secretly lovers with Chen, that it was a little awkward for her, but she hid it from Mark, knowing that he was trying his best to make thier current situation berable. 

A week before the tournament, the pack got an official inviation from Doojoon's clan about the party, which was to be held that night. Kris announced that whoever wanted to go could, and the pack hurriedly and excitedly got ready. At 6pm, Xiumin, Luli, Luhan, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.O, Tao, Sehun, Kai, Hana, Chen, and Kourtney arrived at the border to the clan's territory, where they were met by a boy with very pale skin and pitch black hair. He let them cross the border and quickly shook Kourtney's hand before they moved on, introducing himself as Junhyung. 

After that, Kourtney followed the others to, you guessed it, a cave, where they walked down a long path before finally stepping through an opening, which Kourtney discovered, was actually the other side of the cave. The large area was surrounded by thick brush and at the center was a large, black mansion. To Kourtney, it looked more like a home for vampires than the mansion for N's clan did. As they walked up the front steps into the mansion, Kourtney couldn't help but feel a bit freaked out over the dark and gothic look that the mansion had.

If N's mansion had look like this, I would have been even more petfrifed than I was before.

Once entering, they were greeted by a muscular boy with red hair and a girl with long, curly brown hair. A brown falcon was on the boy's shoulder, its head shifting from side to side. The two bowed to greet them, the falcon flying off the boy's shoulder to land on a tall, black perch a few feet to the side.

"Welcome," The boy greeted. "Glad you could make it."

Xiumin nodded. "Glad to be here."

"The event is being held in the ballroom," the girl stated. "Although, you're more than welcome to wander around the mansion if you'd like."

Luhan led Kourtney forward. "Kourtney, this is Kikwang and his mate, Eunseo."

Kourtney shook their hands, greeting them, before she quickly followed the others into the ballroom.

"Wow," was the only thing she could say, making Chen beside her chuckle.

Kourtney haden't been expecting the ballroom to look, well...bright, gold, and ungothy. It's decor was nothing like the mansion's exterior. 

"Didn't expect it to look like this?" Baekhyun guessed.

"I was expecting a dark room with black walls and scary statues," Kourtney admitted. "Not this."

"It's more for the well being of our guests." Came a voice.

A man with dark brown hair and a woman with red hair walked forward, arms linked. They bowed, with the pack following suit. Xiumin shook the man's hand.

"Good to see you again, Doojoon."

Doojoon nodded. "Likewise." His gaze shifted to Kourtney. "And you must be Kourtney."

Kourtney smiled, stepping forward to shake his hand. "Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you."

She shook the woman's hand as well, who spoke. "I'm Jiwoo, Doojoon's mate."

Doojoon turned back to Xiumin. "Who in my clan has she met so far?"

"Let's see," Xiumin counted off on his fingers. "Hyunseung, Hyuna, Junhyung, Kikwang, Eunseo, then you two."

"That just leaves two, then." He turned around. "Yoseob! Dongwoon!"

A few moments later, two boys walked up to them, one tall with light brown hair, the other with dark brown hair. 

"What's up, Doojoon?" The taller boy asked.

"Figured you guys should meet Kourtney."

The two followed their leaders gaze to said person, both grinning and quickly shaking her hand.

"Hi! I'm Yoseob!" The smaller boy said.

"And I'm Dongwoon!" The other said.

Kourtney giggled at their excitement. "It's nice to meet you."

Doojoon clapped his hands together. "There! Now you've offcially met my clan!" He turned to the others. "Help yourselves to anything, party lasts till dawn!"

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Tao, Kai, and Sehun all cheered as they rushed over to where the food was being served. Hana shook her head, smiling as she went to jion her mate. The others, minus Kourtney and Chen, went to sit down. 

"Who all's here?" Kourtney asked Doojoon.

"So far, only JB's pack, Yongguk's pack, N's clan, and you guys." The clan leader answered. 

"Yongguk?" Kourtney hadn't heard that name before.

Chen motioned for her to followe him. "Come on, I'll take you over to meet them."

She followed him over to where JB's pack was conversing with who, Kourtney assumed, was Yongguk's pack. Mark was talking with a girl with mid-length, dark auburn hair, whom Kourtney thought was very beautiful. JB smiled as he saw the two come over.

"Kourtney! Chen! You guys made it!" He greeted.

Chen smiled. "Glad we could."

Mark, just noticing Kourtney's presence, walked over and gave her a quick hug. The girl he was talking to walked over, waving a Kourtney.

"Hi, Kourtney! I'm Ella! Mark's told me a lot about you!"

Kourtney eyed Mark suspiciously. "Good things, I hope."

Mark smiled. "Of course."

"A pureblood werewolf." A boy with dark purple hair stepped forward. "And a female, no less." He smiled. "Makes me proud to be a werewolf."

Kourtney rubbed the back of her neck. "It's not that big a deal."

"Oh, but it is." This time a very handsome boy with spiky, pitch black hair stepped up. "Your kinds very rare these days. A gift, a blessing."

The boy with dark purple hair smiled at Kourtney. "I'm Yongguk, by the way. And this is my pack," He gestured to the black haired boy beside him. "My Beta, Himchan." He pointed behind him. "My other Beta, Daehyun." A boy with dark blonde hair. "You've met Ella." She waved again. "Youngjae." He had blonde hair which was buzzed on one side. "Jongup." A boy with light brown hair waved. "The younges, Zelo." A cute boy with pink hair gave Kourtney a shy smile. "And last, but not least," A girl with short, dark green hair stood by Yongguk's side. "My mate, Yazmin." 

Kourtney greeted them all just before she heard a loud squeal.

"Chen!"

In the next few seconds, Chen was tackled to the ground by April, the rest of the clan approaching as well. 

"Chen, I missed you!" April squeezed him in a tight hug.

Chen laughed, ruffling her hair. "You'd think by now I'd be ready for your tackle."

April giggled. "That's 'cause I do it when you least expect it!"

Kourtney didn't feel any jealousy anymore from seeing the two together. One, becuase she was secretly dating Chen. Two, because she now uderstood why they were so close. They both were half-bloods, meaning they understood each other. Maybe, Kourtney thought, if I do end up having to mate with Mark, those two could end up mating. The thought hurt her a little, but she felt that if Chen ended up being with someone else, April would be the perfect choice.

The rest of the night was filled with laughter, music, and just a whole bunch of fun. Onew's pack, CAP's pack, and Rap Monster's clan had arrived just a while after Kourtney and the others did. Kourtney also met another pack and clan, both with all females. The pack included Victoria, the Alpha, Amber, Luna, Sulli, and Krystal. She noticed that thier pack was close with Onew's pack. The clan only had four members, CL, the leader, Bom, Dara, and Minzy. She had also learned that Luna and Minzy were both purebloods and that CL had family blood similar to Heechul's. 

They all partied late into the night and pretty soon only a few packs and clans remained at the party. Kourtney and the others stayed the longest, alongside Yongguk's pack and Jin's clan. Finally, it was dawn and the exhausted pack members slowly made their way back home. Kourtney felt herself getting very drowsy and nearly stumbled to the ground. Chen kept her up, chuckling.

"Tired?" He asked.

Kourtney nodded in reply. "Mmhm."

Chen then knelt down with his back facing her. "Here, I'll carry you back."

Too tired to resist, Kourtney climbed onto his back and layed her head down against his, quickly falling asleep as he carried her all the way back to the cabin.

 

A/N: So I'm thinking about making the next chapter the last for this story, then doing a sequel! I also have an idea for another story, so I might end up writing that one alongside the sequel.