Chapter 28

Packs and Clans

Over the next few days, Chen completely avoided Kourtney. She'd try to get him alone so she could tell him her feelings, but any time she would approach him, he'd give some excuse and leave. One day, Kourtney felt herself getting frustrated and was about to explode when she remembered something Chen had said.

It's useless anyway! You're a pureblood and I'm...

It'll never work.

She decided then that maybe it'd be best for now not to tell him, knowing that she wouldn't be able to be with him, instead expected to mate another pureblood. With the way things were going now, Mark would probably end up being her mate, even if she didn't love him. She decided to leave Chen alone and take some time to figure out what to do.

That day, Kris had decided to take half of the pack back to the house to get some more supplies and necessities since they would be staying at the cabin for a while. In the end, Kris, Sara, Xiumin, Luli, Luhan, Suho, Chen, and Tao were chosed to go the house while the rest stayed at the cabin. 

Before leaving, Kris walked over to Kourtney, who was sitting on the couch with Baekhyun, the two playing rock-paper-scissors. 

"Baekhyun, I have something I need you to do." Kris said.

Baekhyun beat Kourtney with paper before glaning up at the Alpha. "Sure, what is it?"

"At three o'clock I need you to take Kourtney to the northern part of the border. You'll meet someone there to pass through."

Baekhyun nodded. "Will do, sir."

Kris smiled before leaving with the others. Kourtney glanced at Baekhyun in curiosity.

"Who are we meeting?" She asked.

Baekhyun smirked. "Guess."

Kourtney chuckled. "Let's see...April?"

"Nope."

"Key?"

"Try again."

"Mark?"

"Not even close."

Kourtney gave an impatient sight. "Uh...do I even know who we're meeting?"

"Nope."

Kourtney nodded. "So, I'm going to meet another pack?"

Baekhyun shook his head. "Nope, you're going to meet another clan."

..........

Kourtney followed Baekhyun through the forest, the both of them running at an impossible speed. Through her training with Mark and JB, she had learned how to access her super speed...without running into things as she ran. She finally had the knack for it and wasn't struggling to keep up with the blonde werewolf, though he was slightly faster.

After running for about ten mintues, Baekhyun slowed down, stopping as he reached the edge of the territory border. Kourtney stopped beside him. A few minutes before, she had caught a scent, one she didn't recognize. The scent reminded her of coconuts. Once they stopped at the border, a boy with brown hair walked out from behind a tree, a huge grin on his face.

"Come on over!" He shouted, and Baekhyun immediately crossed the border, catching the boy in a big hug.

"It's been a while, V!" Baekhyun ruffled the boy's hair. "How've you been?"

"Same old," the boy shrugged. He waved at Kourtney. "Hi! Are you Kourtney?"

Kourtney smiled as she nodded. "I am."

The boy grinned. "My names Taehyung. But everyone just calls me V so you can call me that." 

"Okay." Kourtney giggled. "V."

V started to bounce in excitement. "Everyone's excited that you guys are visiting! Come on!"

He took off, running deep into the forest. At first, Kourtney worried that she and Baekhyun were going to lose sight of him, but then she remembered that she could still smell him so it didn't matter. After a few minutes, V stopped in front of a cave, letting the two catch up.

"Do all vampires live in caves?" Kourtney asked.

V shrugged. "Pretty sure most do. At least the ones who don't live in cities and stuff."

They followed V into the cave, which was almost similar to the one in N's territory. Instead of a drop off, though, their path was blocked by a huge, round boulder, which V and Baekhyun rolled to the side, revealing an opening. Kourtney stepped through and found herself in an area, again, similar to where N's clan's mansion was, only smaller and instead of a mansion, the home was a two story house.

V bounded up the stairs and to the front door, swinging it wide open.

"We're here!" He shouted before running inside.

Kourtney and Baekhyun laughed as they followed him into the house. The front door led into the living room, with two couches, a few chairs, and a coffee table. V had sprawled out on one of the couches. Two boys were sitting on the other couch, one with light brown hair and one with black hair. 

"Hey guys!" Baekhyun grinned. "Long time no see!"

Both boys jumped up and hugged Baekhyun at the same time, causing him to laugh.

"Aww, did you guys miss me that much?"

The light brown haired boy nodded. "A lot! We love playing with you!"

"Why didn't the others come?" The black haired boy asked.

"They had other things to do." Baekhyun replied. "Kris decided to have me intorduce you guys to Kourtney."

The two boys glanced over at said girl, who waved.

The black haired boy smiled. "Hi, I'm Jungkook."

The other boy held his hand up. "Jimin." 

"Jimin, V, and Jungkook are the youngest in the clan." Baekhyun said. "Jimin and V are both sixteen and Jungkook's fifteen."

Kourtney nodded. "It's nice to meet you."

"Hey guys!" V shouted. "Come and meet Kourtney!"

A few moments later, five others entered the living room. Three of them were boys and two were girls. One of the boys stepped forward.He was tall and his hair was platinum blonde, the sides buzzed. He shook Kourtney's hand.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Namjoon."

"We call him Rap Monster!" V added.

Kourtney chuckled. "Rap Monster?"

Namjoon shrugged. "Long story. You don't have to call me that, though. Namjoon's fine."

Kourtney nodded. "Yeah, I'll stick with Namjoon."

"He's the clan leader." Baekhyun explained. "Which is pretty impressive since he's only seventeen."

Kourtney's eyes widened. "You're the leader?"

Namjoon nodded. "Yup, since I'm the strongest member." He gestured to a boy standing beside him. He had reddish brown hair and had a big grin on his face. "This is Hoseok. He's seventeen like me."

"And we call him J-Hope!" V was bouncing on the couch now.

"Cause I'm the bringer of hope in the clan!" Hoseok struck a pose. 

"Where does the J come from?" Kourtey asked.

"I was rasied by humans and their family name was Jung, I used it." Hoseok grinned again. 

Namjoon turned to the others. "This is Seokjin." Another tall boy with dark brown hair waved. "He's the oldest, nineteen. We call him Jin for short. And this is his mate, Yunseo. She's also nineteen." She was holding hands with Jin and had very long, dark blonde hair.

The other girl, who was short and had shoulder length, midnight blue hair, waved. "Hi, my name's Saemin! I'm eighteen!"

Kourtney nodded as Namjoon looked around in confusion. 

"Where's Yoongi?" He asked.

Saemin rolled her eyes. "Where do you think? Where he always is."

V ran over to the bottom of the stairs and cupped his mouth with his hands.

"SUGA! WAKE UP! WE HAVE VISITORS!" 

Jungkook pulled V away. "Are you crazy? You can't wake him up!"

"Why not?" V cocked his head.

"He'll kill you! That's why!"

"But Saemin'll just calm him down." V shrugged. "She always does."

Suddenly, there was a blur of movement and V was suddenly being held from behind, a hand around his throat. The captor was a boy with very pale skin and red hair.

And he did not look happy.

"I thought I told you to never wake me up!" He hissed. "Aparently, you need a better reminder!"

Jungkook backed away. "I told you."

V, however, didn't look phased. He just stared blankly, lost in his own world. Annoyed, the red haired boy's grip on his throat began to tighten and V winced. 

Saemin walked over and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Yoongi, that's enough. Let him go."

He didn't listen, continuin to tighten his grip. V was trying to pry his hand off now, choking.

Saemin smirked. "I'll make you your favorite. Meat." Yoongi froze, shifting his gaze to the blue haired girl. "Lots of it." She added. 

He gave her a suspicious look. "You promise?"

Saemin nodded, ruffling his hair. "I promise, sweetie. As much as you want."

Yoongi contemplated for a bit, then sighed, releasing his hold on V. The younger quicly recovered, grinning at Jungkook.

"See? I told you she'd calm him down!"

Jungkook just rolled his eyes.

Saemin smiled over at Kourtney. "Kourtney this is Yoongi, my mate."

Kourtney nodded. "It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise." Yoongi said before yawning.

V grinned at Kourtney. "We call him Suga!"

Kourntey giggled. "Suga?"

Saemin nodded. "Becuase his skin is pale. And he has a super sweet smile!"

Yoongi rolled his eyes before draping an arm around Saemin's shoulder. "Meat. Now."

..........

Later in the evening, Kourtney and Baekhyun sat on the back porch while watching the clan play on the basketball court. Kourtney laughed as Saemin tried to pass the ball to Jimin, but couldn't becuase of her guarding mate.

"Yoongi! Let me pass the ball!"

"That's not how you play the game, Min."

"I'll make you more meat!"

"Not working this time!"

Kourtney laughed again.

"Pretty fun group, aren't they?" Baekhyun asked.

Kourtney nodded. "Yeah. they are."

"Kourtney! Baekhyun!" Hoseok called. "Come join us!"

Baekhyun grinned. "Shall we?"

For the next few hours, they played basketball with the clan. It was the most fun Kourtney had had in a while. Once it started to get dark, she and Baekhyun said thier goodbyes and headed back to the cabin.

Kourtney thought about Jin and Yunseo...Yoongi and Saemin. She loved seeing the mates interact and felt herself wanting that for herself. Her thoughts drifted to Chen and how she wished she could form that bond with him.

But it's impossible. He's a half-blood and I'm a pureblood. Like he said, it's useless.

 

A/N: 77 subscribers! Yay! Thanks guys!

Also, sorry it took a while to update! Had a lot going on!

Expect a few more chapters this week! :)