Chapter 25

Packs and Clans

A/N: So....I now just realized that i hit the mark story complete button by accident. My bad! The story is far from over! :)

 

"That's impossible! How can I be a werewolf? It doesn't make sense!" Kourtney shook her head. "I don't beleive it!"

GD sighed. "I can understand that you're confused but I can explaing everything."

"What do you mean?" Kourtney's mind was racing.

"I knew your parents."

It went dead silent as Kourtney processed what the pureblood vampire had just said.

"Wait...you knew my...real parents?" Kourtney gasped. "How...I mean..."

GD motioned to the couch. "Please sit. I'll explain everything to you."

Kourtney slowly sat down and felt more at ease when Hana and Baekhyun sat down beside her. Kourtney quickly noticied that Chen was stading on the other side of the room, away from her. GD stood by the fireplace, arms folded.

"Everything about you...your name, your age, that you never knew your birth parents, and that you're actually a pureblood, makes me one hundred perent positive of who your parents were." GD stated.

"So, my parents were purebloods?" Kourtney asked.

GD nodded. "And they were like us." He gestured to himself and the other Elders. "They deeply studied magic and became highly skilled in it. When I first met them, I was only ten years old and already yearning to learn more. They gladly took me in as a student and later taught the others as well. Soon, they were expecting thier first child."

"Me?"

"Yes. Seventeen years ago, they gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. They named you Kourtney, after your mother's sweet grandmother. That night, Kourtney Dal was born."

"Dal?" Kourtney raised an eyebrow. "What's Dal?"

"Your family name." TOP explained. Kourtney recognized his voice as the deep one she had heard eariler. "It means 'moon.' All pureblood families have a distinct name, not one that is similar. They're the only families to have a name."

"Wait, what do you mean?"

GD contined. "In our world, only the purebloods are given legal family names. No one else."

"Seriously?" Kourtney looked at Hana. "You don't have a last name?"

Hana shrugged. "It's not uncommon. It's been going on for decades."

"But getting back to your family name." GD smiled. "Once word gets out that your a Dal, you're going to become very...popular."

"I-I am?"

"Being the last of the Dal family, you'll be expected to fulfill your duties and continue the family name. Seventeen years ago, many believed it had vanished."

"So that means my parents...?" Kourtney couldn't bear to say it.

GD's face softened. He nodded. "Yes, unfortunatley...your parents are deceased. Seventeen years ago, on the night that you were born, a tragedy struck the mansion where, at the time, all the purebloods lived. On that night...Hunters attacked. It was a teriffying night for everyone there. At the time, there were six families living in the mansion, as well as their servents. Out of the six familes...two had been killed, a total of ten purebloods and both were werewolf familes. I guess, now...we can only count is as nine killed since you are alive."

"So my family was one of the two that was killed?" Kourtey gasped.

GD nodded. "Your parents and grandparents, as well as the parents, young child, and grandparents of the other family. Before your parents were killed, however...they cast a spell on you."

Kourtney held up her hands. "Wait, they were the ones who did it? Why?"

"To protect you. By sealing away your werewolf abilites, the Hunters wouldn't kill you because they would think that you're human. For extra caution, however, they also activated a portal about five miles from the mansion, which led to the neighborhood of your...human family."

"A portal?" Now Kourtney was extremely confused. "But, how'd I get through it? I was just a baby!"

"Your parents put their trust in a servent...a young, eleven year old vampire boy who had started serving them by command of his father. I had come into the room just as your parents had sent him off with you and they explained what had happened. They asked me to keep quiet what they had done."

"And the boy got me through the portal?"

GD smiled. "Yes. The boy risked his life to get you to the portal. Your parents put their trust in him and it was not wasted. He got through the portal, carrying you, and placed you on the front steps of the nearest house."

Which just happend to be the worst one to pick, Kourtney thought, sighing. She suddenly stiffened. "Did the Hunters catch him?"

GD smiled. "No, they never got him. While I didn't personally know him, I knew his parents, as well as his older brother." His face saddened. "Before the Hunters came into the room, your parents had me hide and told me that once there was a change to escape, I must take it. Six Hunters entered the room and a intense battle took place." He gazed at Kourtney with compassion. "Your parents fought bravely and managed to keep the Hunters occupied so I could escape. Becuase of them, I was able to find my family and get to safety. Your parents saved my life, and for that, I am truly greatful." 

Kourtney felt tears start to form and quickly held back a sob.

GD knelt in front of Kourtney. "Which is why, from this day forward, should you wish anything, I will grant it."

Kourtney shook her head. "You don't have to do that." Her voice broke. "I didn't do anything. It was my..." her tears slowly began to fall. "My parents. I did nothing."

GD gave her a sad smile. "As you said, your parents are the one who helped me. To repay them, I will help their one and only daughter."

Kourtney, now overcome with emotions, finally broke down. Baekhyun held her in his arms as she sobbed. She was feeling a mix of emotions.

Sadness for the past death of her parents, gratefullness for the servent boy who had saved her, relief for now knowing who and what she was...and hatred. Hatred for the Hunters who took her family away.

After Kourtney calmed down, Baekhyun glanced at GD in worry.

"What's going to happen to her now?"

GD sighed. "Well, one the Council is informed...they'll take her back to headquarters, where she'll stay until her home is built."

"Home," Kai chuckled. "More like castle."

Kourtney shook her head. "But I don't want to leave."

Taeyang stepped forward. "Unfortunately...you'll have to go. As a pureblood, as a female pureblood, the Council will ensure that you live a prestigious life and eventually mate with another pureblood to continue your family name."

"But JB and Mark are purebloods and they're in a pack. I want that, too."

GD shook his head. "Their cases are different. Purebloods are rare, but female prebloods are even more rare and very, very precious to the Council. They'll want to ensure that you're safe and well taken care of."

"Once you mate, then you'll be able to start a pack if you would like." Kris stepped in. "For Mark and JB, once they find mates, they'll be able to stay with the pack with the strongest, JB, leading it."

Kourtney looked around sadly. "So...they're just going to take me away?"

Kris turned to GD. "Can you give us some time? We'd all like to spend as much as we can with her."

The pack members nodded in agreement. 

GD glanced at Kourtney. "Would you like some time as well?"

Kourtnen nodded. "I would."

GD thought for a moment before speaking. "I could tell the Council that an urgent matter needed to be attended to...one that would take a while. The most I could give you is a month."

"What will the matter be?" Seungri asked.

"I'll let Daesung figure it out." GD stated.

Daesung grinned. "Leave it to me!"

Kourtney smiled. "Thank you."

GD nodded. "Like I said, anything you wish, I'll grant."

.........

After saying goodbye, the Elders left. Kourtney and Baekhyun were still sitting on the couch, the latter rubbing her back.

"You doing okay?" He asked.

Kourtney sighed. "It's a lot to take in...but I'll be okay. I'm just glad that I'll get to spend some time with the pack before..."

Baekhyun nodded. "Yeah. Me, too."

Kris walked over. 

"I've informed the other packs and clans of what happened. They've all agreed to keep quiet about it to the Council." He smiled. "Also, JB's pack and N's clan will be coming over to visit."

Kourtney nodded. "Good. I want to spend as much time with the others as well."

"JB and Mark have also agreed to help you train, as fellow purebloods."

"Training, huh?" Kourtney smirked. "Sounds fun."