Chapter 23

Packs and Clans

A few days later, after the pack had breakfast, Kris suddenly went into a daze. Kourtney watched him, curious and concerned.

"What's going on? Is he okay?"

Sara smiled, nodding. "He's just communicating with someone."

"Communicating? Like, telepathy?"

"Something like that." Hana shrugged. "Only pack Alphas and clan leaders can do it."

After a few mintues, Kris gathered everyone together. "N's clan is coming over to visit."

Tao clapped in excitemet. "Yay!"

"Also, they aren't coming alone." Kris added."Someone else is coming with them?" Luli asked. "Who?"

"You'll see." Kris smirked.

About an hour later, the door swung open and Leo, Ken, April, Hongbin, and Hyuk entered the cabin, along with seven people Kourtney hadn't met before. One was a girl and the rest were boys. 

"The fun has arrived!" April sang(imagine Turk from Tarzan). Her arm was slung around a boy, who was very good looking, with super bright red hair, more bright than N's. 

Xiumin looked around. "Where's Ravi?"

"Ravi stayed back with N and Kala at the mansion." Hyuk explained. "Kala wasn't feeling good."

April nodded. "They'll come over once she's feeling better. It's just morning sickness, so it should pass."

"So, what's on your docket today?" Ken asked.

"Well, we figured since you guys were coming over, we could play some games outside." Sara smiled.

Sehun, Tao, Ken, April, Hyuk, and a cute boy with dark brown hair cheered in excitement.

Kris held up a hand. "But before we do that..."He turned to a tall, muscular boy with teal blue hair. "You guys should introduce yourselves to Kourtney."

The boy nodded. "Sure." He glanced at Kourtney, pointing a thumb at himself. "My name's C.A.P," he gestured behind him. "and this is my pack."

So they're werewolves, Kourtney thought.

A boy with blonde hair stepped forward, as well as the girl, who had mid-length white hair. The boy waved, smiling.

"Hello, my name is Chunji and this is my mate, Chloe."

Chloe gave a shy wave, linking her arm with Chunji's. 

Kourtney nodded. "Nice to meet you."

Suddenly, the boy with dark brown hair scampered in front, a big grin on his face.

"Hi! I'm Ricky! I'm the youngest!"

"No, you're not, dimwit!" A taller boy with black hair stepped forward. "Quit saying that you are!"

"People would buy it! I look younger than you!" He puffed his cheeks. "Plus, I'm cute!"

The black haired boy looked like his was going to hit him, but took a deep breath before turning to Kourtney. "I'm Changjo. I'm actually the youngest. Ricky's older by three months."

"How old are you two?" Kourtney asked.

"Sixteen." Ricky answered.

Another tall boy stepped forward. He had thick lips and purple hair. 

"My name's Niel." Kourtney gave him a smile, which he returned before he turned to Sara. "I brought my soccer ball with me. We could play if everyone wants."

"Whatever you guys want. I'm just the supervisor."

"You play soccer?" Kourtney asked.

Niel nodded. "I have since I was little." He shrugged. "Not to brag, but I'm pretty good."

"That is bragging." Ricky's statement earned him a flick on the head from Niel. "Ow!"

"And this is L.Joe!" April was now behind the red haired boy, arms around his neck in a hug.

L.Joe rolled his eyes. "I'm capable of introducing myself,April."

"I know, but I wanted to do it." She giggled, giving him a tight hug before scampering over to tackle-hug Chen.

Kourtney saw L.Joe give a slight smile as he watched April and she curiously rasied an eyebrow. Okay, something's definitely going on between those two.

"Yay!" Ricky cheered. "Now you've met everyone! Let's go play!"

Sehun, Tao, Ken, Hongbin, Hyuk, Neil, and Ricky all scurried outside while the rest followed at a slower pace. Niel grabbed his soccerball from the front porch and began kicking it around while Ricky, Tao, Ken and Hyuk chased after him. Leo quietly made his way over to join, as well as Xiumin and Luhan, and the eight began playing four on four soccer. Amongst them, Niel, Leo, Xiumin, and Luhan were the most skilled at the sport. 

Kris, Sara, Luli, Suho, Lay, D.O, C.A.P, Chunji, Chloe, and Hongbin watched the kids play soccer, cheering on their fellow members. A few feet away, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Chen, Kai, and Changjo were playing around with a football as Hana, April, and L.Joe sat on the grass watching. Kourtney walked over and sat beside Hana, laughing as Chanyeol got knocked down by Baekhyun. After playing for a while, Kai called to Hana.

"Bey, babe! I'm thirsty! Can you get me some water?"

Hana grinned. "Only if you can manage to tackle Baekhyun!"

Kai whined. "That's not fair! You know I won't be able to!"

To the side,Baekhyun was laughing.

"Okay, then tackle Chen!"

Kai glanced over at Chen, who currently had the ball. He gave Kai a sly smirk.

"Chen, you're going down!" Kai roared before he began to chase him. He continued to chase him, even after he had thrown the ball over to Baekhyun. Finally, Chen ran out of breath and slowed down, letting Kai tackled him to the ground.

Kai bounced back up, breathing hard. "There! I got him! Water!"

Hana laughed before going over to the cooler to get water. Kourtney followed her and together they grabbed waters for the five football boys. Kourtney glanced over and saw that April and L.Joe had started playing a hand clapping game, which looked very difficult. 

"Hey, Hana?" Kourtney nodded over to the two. "What's their story?"

Hana smiled. "You know that April's parents had been locked up for ten years, right?" Kourtney nodded. "Well, L.Joe's parents were really close with April's parents and agreed to raised her for those ten years since no one else would."

"Oh." Kourtney nodded. "So, they're like siblings."

"Maybe not quite like siblings, just really close. They don't fight and quarrel like siblings do." Hana's face changed, looking worried. "They need to be careful, though. Others may get the wrong idea."

"What do you mean?"

"Others might think that they're...more than friends." Hana explained. "And while it's not illegal for a werewolf and vampire to go out, it is illegal for them to mate."

"But if they did go out..."

"All hell would break loose on them." Hana sighed. "Hate, riddicule, disgust, torment, the list goes on."

.....

"Let's play Hibiscus Has Bloomed!" Ricky raised his hand. "I'll be it!"

For the next hour, everyone excluding Kris, Sara, Suho, and Lay played the game. With so many people, the game got intense and Kourtney soon discoverd that N's clan and C.A.P's pack showed no mercy in games. Once, when Niel was it, he had knocked Chunji down with a flying kick after the pretty boy had tagged him. Another time, Ken had been teasing Leo while the quiet boy was it, but was soon bested when he got caught quickly after trying to free the others who'd been caught. 

Pretty soon, everyone was starting to get hungry and they went inside to have some lunch. After they had eaten, N, Kala, and Ravi showed up and the games continued outside. For the rest of the day they played, finally stopping just before dinner. N and his clan went home, afterward followed by C.A.P's pack. It was a perfect day for Kourtney and she wanted every day to be like it.

Kris's phone rang and he quickly aswered it, his eyes widening as he listened. After hanging up, Sara looked at him with concern.

"What is it?"

Kris glanced over at Kourtney.

"The Elders are coming. They'll be here in an hour."

 

A/N: Wow! 50 subscribers! Thanks guys!

Also, to exolaysehun08, no I never planned to have the adoptive family be important to the story. That's why I didn't give them names. They'll just be brought up when Kourtney's asked about her past and family by those who don't know. I wanted to give her a crappy "family" so she wouldn't feel conflicted with leaving them behind. Hope this answers your question :)