Chapter 11

Packs and Clans

Author's Note: Surprise! Another chapter to make up for the wait! :)

 

 

After lunch, Kris went with Xiumin, Suho, nad Luhan to hunt, hoping to get more meat then Sehun and Tao did. The others sat around the fire pit, trying to figure out what they wanted to do.

"I'm bored!" Tao whined. "Let's go do something!"

"I wanted to go hunt," Sehun pouted. "How am I supposed to get better if I don't practice more?"

"You'll get plenty of time to practice this week, Sehun." Sara said. 

Baekhyun jumped up. "I know! Let's go to the waterfall!"

Sehun and Tao, having been moody just a few seconds ago, jumped up and down in excitement.

"Yeah!" Tao turned to Sara. "Can we, Sara?" Being the Alpha's mate, she was in charge of them while Kris was out hunting. 

Sara nodded. "Anyone who wants to go can. I'll stay here to wait for the others to get back."

Baekhyun raised his hand. "Anyone who's going, raise their hand!"

Along with Baekhyun, Kourtney, Sehun, Chanyeol, Chen, Tao, Kai, and Hana held their hands up. 

"Good." Sara said. "That'll leave me, Lay, D.O, and Luli to stay here."

Hana walked over to Kourtney. "Did you bring your swimsuit?" She asked.

Kourtney shook her head. "I don't own one."

Hana smiled. "Well, you're in luck. I brought a spare just in case."

Kourtney laughed. "What don't you have a spare of?"

Hana pursed her lips in thought. "I don't know. I think I have a spare for everything."

......

After a few minutes, everyone going to the waterfall had changed into thier swimsuits, ready to play in the water. The swimsuit Kourtney borrowed from Hana was a purple one piece, which she wore under her own black t-shirt and black slick mini shorts. She made her way over to ther others after putting on her converse sneakers.

"How far is it from here?" Kourtney asked.

"A few miles." Chanyeol answered.

"But we can get there in a second." Kai stated, taking Hana's hand. "Everyone, hold hands."

Kourtney was hesitant. "Won't it drain your energy?"

Kai shrugged. "A little, but not a lot. And it'll come back after ten to fifteen minutes if I don't use it again."

Kourtney took Hana's hand in her left, then looked to see that Chen was standing to her right. Hesitantely, she reached her hand out for him to take. As soon as he did, Kourtney suddenly felt her body being pulled and the Clearing quickly disappeared as a new area appeared. The area was open, with grass and large rocks surrounding a large, deep pond. At the back of the pond was a tall and long rocky cliff, with water coming down from it. 

Kourtney gazed at the scenery in awe before she heard someone clear their throat. She looked to see that it was Chen, then looked down to see that she was still holding his hand. She blushed a little before quickly letting go.

"Sorry." She mumbled. 

Chen gave a slight nodd before moving to sit on one of the large rocks in the grass. Tao, Sehun, and Chanyeol were already in the water, splashing each other and playing around. Baekhyun had quickly moved to stand on a large rock near the waterfall. He waved at Kourtney before jumping from the rock and into the pond with a loud "Whoo!"

Kai and Hana chose to sit side by side on the grass, hands entwined. Kourtney smiled at the two lovers before walking over to the pond. 

"Come on, Kourtney!" Tao called. "The water's great!"

Smiling, Kourtney slowly made her way in, stopping when she could barely touch the bottom. Baekhyun was swimming by the cliffs, sometimes stopping to let the falling water shower over him.Once in the middle, he climbed onto another big rock, shaking his wet hair. The other boys were now wrestling in the water and Kourtney laughed as Chanyeol grabbed both Tao and Sehun and threw them back into the water. 

Chen had moved to sit on a larger rock towards the deeper side, smiling as he watched the playing boys. Kourtney swam over and climbed on the rock to sit beside him. 

"You're not going to swim?" She asked.

Chen shrugged, still watching the boys. "Not right now. I will, though."

Kourtney looked over at Hana and Kai. Hana gave Kourtney a mischevous look and made a pushing gesture, pointing at Chen, the boy not noticing since he was too busy watching the others. Kourtney glanced at Chen, then Hana, who smirked, and back at Chen. Smiling, she scooted back and shifted so she was behind Chen on the rock. With a strong push, and the fact that she caught him off guard, she managed to knock Chen off the rock and into the pond. Over on the grass, Hana and Kai were laughing and Baekhyun, still on his own rock, had jumped back into the pond, swimming over to Chen, who gazed over at Kourtney in surprise.

Kourtney moved to sit on the edge of the rock, her legs halfway in the water. She smirked in triumph.

Chen shook his hair,wiping off water from his face. "Why'd you do that?"

Kourtney shrugged. "Cause Hana told me to."

Chen gave a quick glare over at Hana, before starting to moving towards Kourtney. Realizing what he was going to do, Kourtney tried move back from the water, but Chen was fast. With a smirk, he grabbed her arm and pulled her in as she gave a loud shriek. By that time, Baekhyun had made it over to them. Kourtney saw Chen giving her a sly smirk and gave him a scowl.

"Eye for an eye." Chen said. 

Kourtney rolled her eyes before splashing Chen, then started to swim away. Chen reached out and grabbed her wrist, pulling her towrads him as he splashed her.

"Yah!" Kourtney yelled. "Let go!"

Chen laughed, letting her wrist go, but splashing her soon after. Pretty soon, they began a splashing war with Baekhyun, swimming around, trying to evade as well as attack. After moving to the more shallow areas, Baekhyun and Chen began to wrestle and Kourtney moved away, not wainting to get caught in the crossfire. She climbed out of the pond and went over to sit by Kai and Hana.

Hana laughed. "I'm so glad you did it! The look on Chen's face was priceless!"

Kourtney wrung some water out of her hair. "Yeah, it was fun." She continued to watch the two boys wrestle in the water. "Gave Baekhyun a play mate, too."

Kai chuckled. "That's true." He suddenly looked up and sniffed the air.

"What is it?" Kourtney asked.

Hana sniffed the air then gave a bright smile. "It's them."

"Huh?" Kourtney glanced over to see that the others had caught the scent as well and were smiling. "Okay, what's going on?"

"We have visitors." Kai replied.

After a few minutes, three people rain into the area, two boys and one girl. One boy was tall, with brown hair and the other boy was slightly shorter, with dark brown hair. Kourtney noticed, to her surprise, that the shorter boy almost looked like Kai. The girl was gorgeous, with tan skin and long, wavy black hair.

Kai ran over to greet them. "Hey guys!" He bumped fists with the tall boy and hugged the other boy. "Long time no see!"

"Hana!" The girl squealed as she hugged said girl. "I missed you!"

"Likewise." Hana said before hugging the two boys.

Baekhyun and Chen had gotten out of the pond and started walking over.

"What brings you gusy here?" Chen asked.

"We just got back this morning from our trip to Japan." The taller boy explained. "Onew said he sensed you guys here and wanted to come visit, then Kris let us in."

Baekhyun grinned. "Cool, you guys gonna stay for dinner?"

"I hope so." The girl responded. "It's all up to Onew, though."

The boy who looked like Kai glanced over at Kourtney. "Is she the one? The human girl?"

Hana nodded. "Yup! This is Kourtney!" Kourtney gave them a little wave as Hana continued. "Kourtney, these three are from another pack, one that's really close to us. The tall boy's Minho, the other one's Taemin, and the girl is Seohyeon."

Kourtney nodded. "It's nice to meet you." She suddenly realized something. "How did you know about me?"

"The Alphas." Seohyeon answered. "Kris let Onew know, who let us know."

Kourtney glanced over at Taemin. "Just a random thought..."she glanced over at Kai. "You two look alike. Are you related?"

Hana laughed. "I figured she'd ask that."

Kai shook his head." Nope, but we're really close friends. Childhood friends, actually."

Taemin nodded, giving a shy smile. 

"Hey guys!" Tao called from the pond. "Wanna join?"

"Next time!" Minho called back. "No swimsuits!"

Hana and Kai led the three visitors over to the area where they were sitting while Chen and Baekhyun went back into the water. At first, Kourtney thought of going to sit with Hana, to get to know the new people, but figured she'd get time to later and went to join the others in the water.