Chapter 8

Packs and Clans

The Clearing, Kourtney learned, was a large area of land located very deep in a huge forest, home to many packs and clans. It was in the territory of Kris's pack and serves as a camping area for them. Kris had decided to go there to camp for a week. He also stated, to Kourtney's delight, that she would get to see everyone's wolf forms as well as get to see their powers.

Kourtney traveled to the Clearing in their car, with Suho driving and Lay, D.O, and Luhan in the backseat. The others just got there by running at werewolf speed. About twenty minutes after traveling, Kourtney suddenly felt tired and slowly dozed off. Soon, she's awakened by Suho.

"We've reached the forest, Kourtney." He said.

Still a little drowsy, Kourtney climbed out of the car, which was parked outside the forest. 

"Baek will be here in a minute," D.O stated, before heading into the forest, Lay and Luhan following.

Kourtney started to follow, but Suho stopped here. "Wait for Baekhyun first. He'll take you to the clearing."

"Huh?" Kourtney still hadn't completely woken and she rubbed her eyes sleepily.

"The Clearing is located deep in the forest," Suho explained. "Very, very, very far away from where we are now. You'll get there faster with Baekhyun."

"Oh," Kourtney nodded, yawning. "How?"

Suho gestured toward the forest. "Like that."

Kourtney looked to see Baekhyun trotting out of the forest in his wolf form, panting. He stopped in front of Kourtney then looked over at Suho.

Suho nodded. "Tell Kris I'll be at the Clearing in about an hour,"Suho turned to Kourtney."Climb on his back and hold on tight."

Kourtney blinked in surprise. "Huh? You mean...?"

To answer, Baekhyun went to her side, nudging her gently. Hesitating, she swung a leg over the yellow wolf, sliding on his back. 

"Now, lean down on his back and keep your arms wrapped around his neck," Suho instructed. "And try not to choke him," he added teasingly.

Cautiously, Kourtney leaned down and gently wrapped them around his neck, laying her head down against the back of his. 

"Beakhyun's one of the fastest in our pack, so it should only take you about thirty-fourty minutes to get to the Clearing." Suho stated, heading over to the car."Baekhyun! Be careful not to let her fall! She was a little drowsy on the way up, so be cautious if she falls asleep."

"I won't fall asleep." Kourtney mumbled to herself.

"See you guys there later!" Suho called and Baekhyun took off. Kourtney gazed in awe as the trees whirled by her at an amazing speed and she soon found herself getting dizzy watching. She closed her eyes, tightening her grip around Baekhyun's neck a little so she didn't fall off. She soon felt herslef dozing off and though she treid to fight it off, sleep eventually engulfed her.

.........

Kourtney awoke to the sound of laughter and slowly opened her eyes. She was laying on her side and saw a large area of land surround by forest trees. She sat up, realzing that she was laying on a few layed out blankets. In the middle of the clearing, there was a stone fire pit, where many lawn chairs were placed around. There were six tents set up around the clearing, 3 small and 3 large.

Luhan, Lay, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.O, and Hana were sitting around the fire pit, conversing and laughing. Kourtney got up and went over to join them. Noticing her, Hana pulled a lawn chair next to her and patted it."The sleeping princess finally awakens!" She teased as Kourtney sat down. 

"I didn't get much sleep last night," Kourtney stated, looking around. "Where are the others?"

"Suho should be here in a bit," Luhan aswered. "Kris, Sara, Xiumin, and Luli are in their tents and the others are out getting firewood and dinner."

"Where did Suho have to go?" Kourtney asked.

"He had to take the car back to the house,"Baekhyun explained. "We don't normally drive to the Clearing 'cause, you know, werewolf speed." he chuckled. "And we couldn't just leave it parked in front of the forest. Someone could take it."

"Couldn't you have just carried me to the forest, too?"

D.O shook his head. "Not as wolves. It'd be hard to keep hidden from...other humans."

"Plus, you would have had to ride for almost two hours on a wolf...which would be very uncomfortable for your body." Hana added.

"But I just rode here on Baekhyun's back and I feel fine now."

Baekhyun chuckled. "Well, that's mostly because it happened two hours ago and I only carried you for thirty minutes." 

"I was asleep for two hours?" Kourtney asked, slightly blushing. "Sorry."

Lay smiled. "No, it's fine. You needed your sleep."

"I didn't make it harder for you, did I?" Kourtney asked Baekhyun.

He shook his head. "Even though you fell asleep, you still had pretty good grip around my neck, so I didn't have to worry too much about you falling off."

Kourtney nodded before glancing around. "So, this is the Clearing, huh? Pretty nice spot for camping."

Hana nodded. "Yeah, and the best part is, it's all ours. No one else can claim this spot."

"Why's that?"

"It's in our territory," Luhan answered. "Other packs and clans can't enter another's territory without permission. There are some packs that we're really close with and will sometimes camp with them, but for the most part, it's all ours."

"Cool," Kourtney smiled. "Will I get to meet these other packs?"

D.O shrugged. "Maybe, if they decided to come visit."

"So, you excited to see me in wolf form?" Hana asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

Kourtney nodded. "Of course, as well as everyone else's, plus the powers," She smiled. "That I'm really excited for. When is it happening?"

"One everyone gets back," Baekhyun replied."Then the show will begin!" 

......

After about an hour, everyone stood in an empty area of the Clearing. Kris gazed over to Sehun. "We'll go in order from youngest to oldest. Sehun, go into the forest to change."

Sehun nodded before heading into the thick forest. The others stepped behind Kourtney, minus Hana who stood by her side. 

"I love Sehun's wolf form," Hana said. "It's very beautiful." 

Indeed it was. A few moments later, a medium sized wolf with white, silver, and dark grey fur stepped out. Kourtney smiled, walking over to Sehun to pet him.

"You look nice, Sehun." Kourtney said.

Sehun turned his head to the side, avoided looking her in the eyes.

Aw, how cute. He's embarassed.

Kourtney began to scratch behind his ears and he let out a soft whimper, casuing her to giggle.

"Okay, Sehun," Kris said, rolling his eyes. "That's enough. Next, D.O."

D.O's wolf form was small with light brown fur covering most of his body and dark brown fur on his back and head. Next was Chanyeol, who was large with tan and black colored fur, with some spots of white. She'd already seen Chen's so Tao was next. His wolf form was large, with dark brown fur, some areas with tan spots. Hana was small, with black fur on most of her body, with some brown on her legs, head, and tail. Kai was medium sized, his fur all black. Sara was medium sized with white and cream colored fur. Lay was also medium sized, with light and dark grey fur. Luli was small like Hana, with white fur covering her entire body. Suho was large with brown fur, a few areas spotted with black. Kris was large with beautiful golden colored fur and Kourtney could now see why he was the Alpha. His stance and posture as a wolf screamed it. Luhan's fur was the same white as Luli's and he was just a bit bigger in size. Lastly, Xiumin was small, his fur similar to a grey wolf. 

As Xiumin left to change back, Hana turned to face Kourtney. "So? What'd you think?"

Kourtney smiled. "It's so cool. Everyone has their own unique looks...minus Luhan and Luli. Those two look so similar as wolves."

Luli giggled. "Yeah, it's hard to tell if we're not side by side."

Luhan chuckle.d "One time, Xiumin came up to me and nuzzled my nose, thinking I was my sister!"

Everyone, including Kourtney, roared with laughter as Xiumin blushed, scowling.

"You didn't have to tell her that, Luhan!" He whined.

Luhan bumped Xiumin playfully. "It would have come up sooner or later. Better sooner to get the embarassment over with."

"It'll come up later, too." Xiumin stated. "Jeez! You guys never stop teasing me about it!"

Luli giggled, taking Xiumin's hand. "Becuase you react like this every single time."

Xiumin sighed, causing Kourtney to giggle.

"Well," Kris said, trying to change the topic. "Next up is powers!"

"Are we doing it from youngest to oldest again?" Sehun asked.

Kris shook his head. "Nope. We'll let Kourtney decide this time."