Chapter 24

Packs and Clans

To say that Kourtney was nervous was an understatement.

She hadn't learned much about the Elders, just that they were five very strong purebloods whow knew how to use magic...and that they might know what exactly is insdie her. She didn't think it would happen so soon and for the next hour, all she could do was sit down and nervously wring her hands. 

After an hour passed, Baekhyun, Hana, and Kai went to sit on the couch wiht Kourtney, Baekhyun giving her hand a slight squeeze. 

"It'll be okay." He said.

Kourtney could feel her heart racing. "You don't know that. We don't know what...what exactly is inside me. What if it's...evil?"

Baekhyun shook his head. "I highly doubt that. And besides, even if it was, the Elders woul be able to get rid of it."

"Really?"

Hana nodded. "They were named the Elders because of their advanced knowledge of magic and the strength to use it. As purebloods, they already were gifted with magic, but these guys made it their life, studying, training, experienting, anything they could do to enhance their power. While they aren't technically in charge, they are as high in rank as the Council is."

Kourtney felt herself relax a little. "Okay, I think I feel a little better now."

"Good." Baekhyun stood up. "Because they're here."

Right after he spoke, the door swung open and five men entered the cabin. Hana and Kai quickly jumped up, motioning for Kourtney to do the same. Kris stepped forward and bowed.

"Welcome, Elders." Kris's voice, unlike with Heechul, was genuine. "It's been a long time."

One of the Elders walked up to Kris to shake his hand. He was carrying a jeweled cane and had long black hair which was swept to the right side of his face, the bottom tips a dark mageta color, and his left side was buzzed. To Kourtney, he looked very...feminine. 

"Almost a year, I believe." The Elder spoke softly, a kind smile on his face. "I'm glad we were able to come. Where is the girl?"

Kris turned to look at Kourtney, who suddenly felt all her nerves return and couldn't move. Baekhyun nudged her side.

"Go and say hi." He encouraged. "It's okay."

Taking a deep breath, Kourtney slowly made her way over to stand by Kris, staying quiet. The Elder's eyes widened as he gazed at her.

"This is Kourtney," Kris placed a hand on her shoulder. "She's been staying with us a little over a week now. Kourtney, this is GD, the head of the Elders."

"GD?" Kourtney curiously glanced at the Elder, who still looked at her in surprise.

Kris smiled. "Short for G-Dragon." Kourtney rasied an eyebrow. "I'll explain later."

GD stepped closer to her. "If I may ask, who are your parents?"

"You mean my biological parents? I never knew them. I was left on someone else's doorstep as a baby." Kourtney shrugged. "I've tried to find them, but I always came up cold."

"How old are you?"

"I just turned seventeen."

A lightbulb seemed to go off in GD's head and he gave her a kind smile. "Well, it's nice to meet you. Alow me to introuce the others."

He first motioned to the tallest of the five, who had light blue hair and was wearing a very fancy red trenchcoat. "This is TOP, a pureblood werewolf with strong control of wind and storm magic." The next had black, mohawk styled hair. He wore a black fur coat with no shirt underneath, showing his very well built body, as well as some tattoos. "This is Taeyang, also a pureblood werewolf. His specialty is fire and sun magic." Next was one almost as tall as TOP, with blonde hair that covered his right eye. He was sporting a very fancy blue suit. "Daesung, a pureblood vampire whow specializes in earth and metal magic." The last had very short black hair, his bangs cut itnot a v-shape. He was wearing all black, pants, boots, and a leather coat, left open to show his toned body. He also had scars on his chest that looked like claws. "This is Seungri, the youngest of us. He's a pureblood werewolf and is very skilled in water and ice magic." GD turned back to Kourtney. "As for myself, I am a pureblood vampire and specialize in earth and nature magic."

"It's nice to meet you," Kourtney felt her nerves fading away again.

GD held out his hand and at first Kourtney thought he wanted her to shake it, but then it began to glow. After a few seconds, Kourtney's entire body began to glow as well, shocking her and everyone in the pack. 

"What are you doing?" Kourtney asked.

GD didn't answer, but soon placed his hand down, the glowing fading away. 

"Prepare the circle." He ordered. The other four Elders nodded before going outside.

"A magic circle?" Kris questioned. "Then, is it true? Does she..."

GD nodded. "A powerful spell as been cast on her body. What it is hiding is still not clear but it'll take all five of us to break it."

.......

After the Elders prepared the magic circle, GD had Kourtney lay down in the center of it.

"Will it hurt?" Kourtney asked.

GD gave her a sympathetic look. "It may for a bit, but please try to bear it."

"How long will it take for you to break it?"

"At the most, ten minutes." GD sighed. "It's a very complex spell and, for other purebloods, it would take hours." He smirked. "But as I'm sure you've heard, we're not like most others."

Kourtney nodded before GD stepped away. The five Elders stood around the circle and held their hands up. As they started to chant, the magic circle began to glow.

At first, Kourtney felt nothing, but after a few minutes, paing started to build up in her body. It got worse as time passed and she couldn't help but scream out, her insides feeling like they were being torn apart. Soon, it got to be so unbearable and she gave one last scream before she out.

......

Kourtney awoke with a startle, quickly sitting up. She looked around, realizing that she was in one of the cabin bedrooms. Immediatley, she could feel something different. Her senses were more alert and she was picking up scents she never could before, one of them being the pine smell of the forest. She could also, to her shock, hear voices as clearly as if they were right beside her.

"How did this happen to her?" It was Hana. "It doesn't make sense!"

"We'll explain once she's woken up." GD's voice.

Kourtney slowly stepped out of bed, making her way out of the bedroom.

"Oh, she's awake!" Kourtney didn't recognize this voice, but it was very deep. 

Kourtney stopped at the top of the stairs and found Kris's pack and the Elders all staring up at her. She could smell other scents surrounding her and blinked, trying to figure out what they were. She looked at Kris.

"What...what happened?"

Kris glanced at GD, who nodded for him to answer.

"The Elders were able to break the spell. The pain knocked you out, but other than that, you're fine."

Kourtney slowly walked down the stairs. "I feel...different. Is it because the spell's gone?"

Hana stepped forward, smiling. "Yeah...and it seems that N's theory was true."

Kourtney blinked. "What?"

"Whatever the spell was and whoever cast it, the magic binded away your...unhuman abilities." Kris said.

Kourtney's eyes widened. "What do you mean?"

"Kourtney," She looked to see Baekhyun step up, grinning. "You're a werewolf."

"I'm a what?" Kourtney gasped.

"You're a werewolf." Baekhyun repeated.

"And not just any werewolf." GD gave a smirk. He gestured to TOP, Taeyang, and Seungri. "You're like them...a special kind."

Kourtney realized what he meant. "You mean...?"

GD nodded. "You're a pureblood."