Chapter 6

Packs and Clans

The bus ride to Kourtney's house was mostly silent. They sat in the back of the bus, where all five seats were empty when they got on. Kourtney sat in the middle seat, with Baekhyun sitting by her and Chen sitting a seat away from her in the corner, staring out the window.

She was acutally glad to have the silence. If left her time to think about what she was going to tell her family. She didn't know how they were going to react or if they were going to react at all. She remembered one time where she had told her father that she was going to get a tattoo, just to get a reaction out of him. He had just shrugged, not caring what she did. Would their reaction be the same? If so, it would save a lot of trouble, but Kourtney couldn't help but want there to be some reaction.

As they got closer, she began to get nervous, wringing her hands in her lap. Baekhyun noticed and placed a hand on her shoulder, giving her a comforting smile. "It'll be okay," he said. "We'll be right there with you."

Kourtney nodded, not noticing Chen giving her a quick glance before returning it to the window.

The bus finally arrived at the stop in her neighborhood and it took them five mintues to walk to her house. Well, previous house now. Kourtney stopped on the front step, taking a deep breath. She turned around to Baekhyun and Chen.

"Can you both promise me something?" She asked.

Baekhyun nodded. "Sure." Chen just glanced to the side.

"I don't know how they're going to respond, but I have a pretty good idea. Could you guys just go up to my room while I talk to them?"

The two boys exchanged glances and Chen shrugged. "Sure." he replied. 

Kourtney went inside and told them where to find her room upstairs. As they headed up, Baekhyun gave her a reassuring look and she gave him a grateful smile before heading into the living room. Her entire family was there, either watching tv or playing games on tablets.

She cleared . "I'm back." She said.

There was so response and Kourtney sighed.

"Hey, mom?" she tried again. No response. "Mom?" Still no response. "Mother!"

With an annoyed sigh, her mother looked away from the tv to look at Kourtney. "What?" she snapped.

Just say it, Kourtney. "I've decided to move out." she said. 

Her mother rasied an eyebrow. "Move out?"

Kourtney nodded. "With some new friends I made last night."

There was a moment of silence and Kourtney actually thought that her mother would scold her, tell her to stay, or at least question it more. Instead, her mother just shrugged and returned her attention back to the tv. 

She tried again. "I'm going upstairs to pack now." 

Silence.

Heaving a big sigh, Kourtney headed upstairs into her room. Baekhyun and Chen were standing in the middle of the room, both with shocked looks on their faces. 

"What?" Kourtney asked.

"What was that?" Chen spat.

"What was what?"

Baekhyun pointed to his ear."We heard everything."

Kourtney chuckled. "Wasn't much to hear."

"Didn't they wonder where you were going, who you were staying with?" Baekhyun asked.

"I told you guys, they don't care about me. It's been this way since I can remember." Kourtney pulled out her black suitcase, packing her small amout of clothes in it. 

"But," Chen sounded upset." They rasied you. Why would they...?"

"I've been asking myself that question for seventeen years." Kourtney said as she left the room to head to the bathroom. Grabbing her essentials, she quickly went back into the room, packing the stuff in the front packet of the suitcase.

She grabbed the few knickknacks that were on a shelf and placed them on top of her clothes before zipping up the suitcase. She folded up her blanket, which, ironically, had wolves on it, and placed it on top of her suitcase along with her pillow. She have a quick scan of the room before nodding. "Okay, that's everything." she said.

Baekhyun glanced over at the small suitcase. "That's all?"

She nodded. "This used to be the room of one of my sisters. It still has a lot of her stuff in it. Everything I just packed is all that's mine." She tossed her blanket and pillow to Baekhyun before picking up her suitcase." Come on, let's go."

She noticied that both Baekhyun and Chen looked shocked, but ignored it and hurried downstairs. She stood by the front door, waiting for them to catch up.

"I'm leaving!" she called.

No response again.

Sighing, she grabbed a nearby pen and notebook and wrote down a quick letter before taping it to the door.

The walk back to the bus stop was quiet, which Kourtney was grateful for. They boarded the bus and went to the back to sit, which was empty again. Kourtney sat in the middle seat again and Baekhyun sat down in the chair to her left, placing the pillow and blanket on her lap. Chen stayed standing for a bit, before taking the other seat next to Kourtney, surprising her. He gave her a quick sympathetic look before looking away. Kourtney glanced over at Baekhyun, who gave her a small smile. After the bus started to move, Chen suddenly yawned. 

Kourtney giggled. "Tired?"

Chen nodded, leaning his head back. "Mhmm." He murmered, closing his eyes.

Baekhyun smirked. "Hana disturbed his precious beauty sleep!" he teased.

"Shut up," Chen growled.

Baekhyun laughed as Kourtney smiled, the previous tension broken. 

After a few minutes, Kourtney felt a slight pressure on her right side and looked to find, to her shock, that Chen had shifted closer to her and now had his head resting on her shoulder. She glanced over at Baekhyun, who motioned for her to be quiet, smirking. Smiling, she returned her gaze to the snoozing boy. 

Remembering a previous action of Hana's, she hesitantley reached over with her free hand, his hair. To her surprise, just like with Hana, he nuzzled into the touch. Smiling, she contined to pet his hair.

I think Chen's finally starting to soften up to me, She thought. I hope it's not just a one time thing.

 

Author's Note: Thanks to the new subscribers as well as the comments! I'll try to update every 1-2 days! :)