Epilogue

Packs and Clans

A few days before the tournament, the pack began their final preparations before they would travel to the large headquarters of the Council. All the packs and clans that would be attending were given thier own rooms to stay while at a large, fancy hotel. Kourtney had thoguht that she would be staying at the hotel, but was then notified that the Council had decided to have herslelf and Mark share a guestroom at their headquarters, which was actually where the Council's "home" was.

That night, Kourtney snuck out with Chen to the waterfall, getting some last-minute aloe time together before the tournament. They had no idea if they would ever get any time alone, with the Council and JB's pack being there, as well as the fact that Kourtney wasn't even staying at the hotel. 

They sat together in the grass beside the waterfall, their fingers intwined together. They sat in silence for a while before Kourtney finally spoke.

"I'm actually kind of excitied."

"For what?" Chen asked.

"The tournament. I've never seen it before and even though everyone hates the Council, there are some members that I like and would love to see in a fight. Plus, all the neighboring packs and clans will be there."

"I guess when you put it like that..."Chen gave a slight smile. "It does sound pretty fun."

"You probably don't care, though, having seen it already." Kourtney snuggled closer to him.

"Actually...I've never gone." Chen admitted.

Kourtney pulled away in surprise. "Really? Why?"

"The Council hates me." Chen shrugged. "I felt no need to go watch them fight." He then smirked. "I told you. I've always been a rebel."

"So...why are you going this time?"

Chen rolled his eyes before leaning in and giving her a quick kiss. "Why do you think?"

Kourtney smiled, blushing as she layed her head on his shoulder.

"I wish I didn't have to stay at Headquarters. I'd be able to see you more."

Chen sighed. "Well, it's gotta be done. The Council thinks that you and Mark are together, so..."

Kourtney shook her head. "It feels wrong. It feels like I'm lying to everyone, not just the Council."

Chen rubbed her shoulder. "There's nothing we can do about it for now, but maybe..." he pasued for a bit before continuing. "Maybe something will happen, be it fate or whatever, that'll allow us to stay together."

"I'll hope that day comes." Kourtney smiled. "For the next year, I'll keep that hope."

Chen brushed some hair out of her face, "Me too."

The two knew that they would have to be extra careful in hiding their relationship while at the tournament, so in this moment, they spent time together as long as they could, the moon's glow once again shining down on them.

 

A/N: And that's the end of this story! But don't worry! There's a sequel on the way! :)

Also, I have started another story! Here's the link so you guys can check it out!  https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1045839