Chapter 29

Packs and Clans

A/N: Before I start the chapter, I'd like to express my condolonces to all of the families in Paris who have lost loved ones. You're all in my prayers.

..........

The next day, Kourtney decided to go and visit N's clan. Baekhyun, Hana, and Kai opted to go with her, but she knew they had things do do at the cabin and went by herself. At the border, she met up with April, who greeted her with her signature tackle hug.

"It's great to see you, Kourtney!" April squealed. "What brings you over to visit?"

"Just wanted to visit." Kourtney replied. "Plus, I'd like to help out at the mansion if I can, since Kala's pregnant."

"Aww!" Kourtney hugged her again, very tightly. "You're so nice!"

Kourtney followed April to the cave as well as to the drop down. Now, as a werewolf, she had no trouble jumping down herself, though her landing was less than graceful. April giggled as Kourtney got up from the ground, pouting.

"You'll get used to it." April said. "The more you do it, the less likely you are to fall on your ."

Kourtney smiled. "Gives me an excuse to keep vsiting, then."

April nodded. "Yup! Let's go!"

After a few minutes, they reached the opening and Kourtney marvelled again at how beautiful the scenery was. As they approached the mansion, Kourtney picked up the familiar scents of the clan members, as well as two others she didn't recognize.

"Who else is here?" Kourtney asked.

"Other vampires who came to visit." April answered.

Once they entered through the front doors, Kourtney was immediately hugged by Ken. He had moved so fast that she didn't see him, but his scent gave him away. 

"Yay!" He cheered. "Kourtney's here!"

Kourtney laughed. "Yes, I am." She ruffled his hair. "Good to see you, Ken."

"Why'd you come alone?" He asked.

Kourtney shrugged. "Everyone else had stuff they needed to do and there was nothiing for me to help with so...I decided to come here...maybe fill in for Kala so she doesn't overwork herself."

"That's very sweet of you, dear." Kala spoke, walking over with N and the others in the clan, as well as two Kourtney didn't recognize. Kourtney smiled and walked over to give Kala a hug.

"For today, anything you need me to do, don't hesitate to ask." Kourtney said.

The two unfamiliar vampires stepped forward. One was a boy with silver hair and the other was a girl with mid-length blonde hair.

"So you're Kourtney?" The girl asked. "The human who turned out the be a pureblood werewolf?"

Kourtney rubbed the back of her neck. "Yeah...I guess word has gotten around, huh?"

"Once the Council knows, everyone knows." Ravi stated. "Didn't take long for all the packs and clans to learn about you."

April cheered. "You're famous!"

April and Ken then began to chant "Famous! Famous! Famous!" while clapping.

Kourtney shook her head, grinning.

"Alright you two, that's enough." N said, smiling as well. Kala laughed.

The two energetic vampires ignored their leader, however, and kept chanting, now proceeding to march around Kourtney as they did. After a few moments, N snapped.

"Yah! I said stop!" He shouted, chopping them both on the neck with his hand.

"Ow!" They both yelped.

"That hurt!" Ken whined.

"Then listen next time!" N snapped, chopping their necks again.

Kala smiled, starting to rub her mate's back, getting him to calm down. Ken walked over to stand by Ravi, a good distance away from the leader, while April went to Kourtney's side.

"Anyways..." The blonde girl said, holding out her hand to Kourtney. "Allow me to introduce myslef. I'm Hyuna."

Kourtney shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you."

She did the same with the boy.

"I'm Hyunseung." He said. "Hyuna's mate."

Kourtney smiled. "Mates, huh?" She glanced over at N and Kala, the latter now being hugged from behind by her mate. "It must be nice...with the bond and everything."

Kala nodded. "It is an incredible feeling. One that's hard to describe."

Kourtney turned back to the two visitors. "Are you guys part of a clan?"

Hyunseung nodded. "They weren't able to come visit, but we just dropped by to invite everyone to a party we're having before the tournament."

"A party?"

Hyuna nodded. "All the neighboring packs and clans are coming. You should pass on word to Kris's pack. We haven't been able to invite them yet."

Kourtney smiled. "Yeah, I'll be sure to."

Hyunseung glanced over at the clock, checking the time. He placed a hand on Hyuna's shoulder. "We should get back. Doojoon's probalby wondering where we are."

"Okay." Hyuna smiled at Kourtney. "It was very nice to meet you. Hope to see you at the pary!"

After saying their goodbyes, Hyunseung and Hyuna left. N turned the his clan members.

"Everyone, go do you're daily chore. The quicker you get done, the sooner you can hang out with Kourtney." N ordered.

Hyuk, Ravi, Ken, and April saluted and shouted "Yes sir!" before the clan, minus N and Kala, dispersed. 

"Is there anything you want me to do?" Kourtney asked.

Kala glanced at N, who shrugged.

"Not that we can think of right now," Kala said. "Leo's going to cook later, so maybe you can help him with that. Until then, feel free to do whatever you want."

Kourtney nodded. "Okay."

For the next few hours, Kourtney sat in the library, grazing through the collection of books the clan owned. A lot of them were ones she'd never seen before and she found herself blocking out the outside world, completely submerged in the new literature. She suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder and looked up to see Leo.

"Oh, Leo." Kourtney jumped up. "Sorry, I kind of zone out when I read."

Leo nodded. "N does it, too." Leo spoke softly.

"So, what'd you need?"

"Kala says you cook." Leo stated.

Kourtney nodded. "Did you need help cooking lunch today?"

Leo nodded and Koutney smiled. "Then lead the way."

She followed Leo into the kitchen, where he had layed out the ingredients to make pasta. Together, they made spaghetti and meatballs, a macaroni salad, and buttered bread that they baked in the oven. 

After lunch, Kourtney went out front, deep in thought over the new vampires she'd met today.

It seems like mating has an incredible, undescribable feeling, but...will it feel like that for me when if I don't love the person I do it with?

She suddenly turned around as she sensed Kala join her outside.

"Is something the matter, dear?" Kala asked.

Kourtney smiled, looking away. "Not really."

"Don't lie to me." Kala ran some fingers through Kourtney's hair. "I'm good at sensing these kinds of things."

Kourtney sighed, taking a few moments to respond. "When I mate...if I don't truly love the person, will it feel the same like it did for you and N? For Kris and Sara? Even after barely meeting them, I could tell that Hyunseung and Huna truly love each other, too."

"As far as I know, it's the same for everyone...despite other feelings." Kala said. "Why do you ask?"

"Well...as a pureblood, I'm pretty much being forced to mate with another pureblood when the time comes...but I don't love him."

"Yeah, we heard about that. Mark, right?"

Kourtney nodded. "It's not that I hate him. I like him, but...more like a brother. I know there's nothing I can do about it, it's the law. But..."

"You love someone else." It wasn't a question. Kala smiled. "Someone from Kris's pack."

"Yeah. And..."Kourtney couldn't help but smile as she recounted the precious words that were spoken to her. "He loves me, too."

"He told you?"

"Yeah, but he said to forget it." Kourtney sighed. "And I haven't had the chance to tell him how I feel sine then. But now, I'm not sure if I should...since we won't be able to be together anyways."

Kala thought for a minute before turning Kourtney so she faced her.

"Let me give you a little bit of advice, okay?"

Kourtney nodded.

"One you turn eighteen and you and Mark are forced to mate...you won't be able to be around the one who you truly love as much. For now, however you do it, you should spend as much time with him as you can."

......

That night, after returning to the cabin, Kourtney immediately sought him out. 

"We need to talk."

Chen sighed, gazing to the side. "If it's about what I said, I told you to-"

"Now!" Kourtney grabbed Chen's arm and dragged him outside ignoring his shouts of protest. "Come with me to the waterfall."

Chen glared at her. "I said to-"

"Just this once, okay?" Kourtney pleaded. "Please, Chen?"

After a few moments, Chen sighed.

"Fine."

After arriving at the waterfall, Kourtney felt her heart start to race.

Calm down, Kourtney. You can do this.

After taking a few deep breaths, she slowly faced Chen.

"We need to talk about us." She stated.

"About us?"

"More specifically, about what you told me."

Chen sighed. "I told you to forget about that."

"But it's not an easy thing to forget!" Kourtney said. "Especially when..."

Chen glanced at her curisouly. "When what?"

Come on! Just say it! Say it!

"It's hard for me to forget because...I love you, too."

Chen's eyes widened and they stood in silence for a few minutes, staring at each other. Finally Chen's expression saddened and he looked away.

"Even if you do...you should still forget." He said. "Our feelings don't matter."

"Yes, they do!" Kourtney stepped closer to Chen. "We love each other! How does that not matter?"

"Because it's impossibile!" Chen avoided looking at her. "It's the law! We can't..." He stopped, turning away.

"The law says we can't mate," Kourtney said. "It doesn't say anything about being in love."

She walked up to him and turned him around to look at her. "I have a year before I'll be forced to mate...and before that happens, I want to be with you! I want to spend the next year with you! I know it may be selfish of me, but...I love you and if now is the only time that I can truly be with you...I'll take it!"

Chen shook his head. "It'll just make it harder for us in the future! Especially for you!"

"I don't care about that!" Kourtney said. "All I care about is right now! And right now...I love you and I want to spend every moment with you."

"Kourtney, please-"

"You do love me, right?" Kourtney gripped his shoulders. "You said you love me, right? Please, Chen!" She pulled him into a hug. "I don't care about what will happen. I just want you...right now."

For a few moments, Chen didn't move. Kourtney thought he was going to push her away, but he soon embraced her as well.

"I have one condition." Chen said.

"Hm?"

"We keep it a secret. No one can know. Especially Kris, JB and Mark."

Kourtney nodded and Chen slowly pulled away from the hug, brushing his fingers through her hair.

"You're really okay with this?" Kourtney asked. "It's pretty rebelious."

Chen smirked. "Yeah, I'm fine." He cupped her chin with his fingers. "Besides, I've been a rebel my whole life."

After that, he slowly leaned in, placing his lips softly against hers.

The two shared a long, romantic kiss beside the waterfall, basked in the moonlight's magical glow.

 

A/N: Wow, that last line is kind of cheesy.

So, I've been thinking about ending this story soon and then having a sequel. How's that sound?