Ch.16

With Seventeen!

Ch.16

“What's Going On?”

 

~Last time on WS~

 

  “Welcome pixie.” I said, kissing his cheek lightly, after moving to make sure no one would see.

 

 The girls and I left and got home and showered in groups, before falling asleep, because after today, our lives were going to be busy.

 

~Now~

 

 It's almost been a month since our debut stage on Inkigayo and today was our goodbye stage on Music Bank. That meant rest, sleep, and preparations for our next mini album. Our fan base, according to Doogi oppa, is very big. Not only did we have domestic fans, but also fans world wide because of our unique ethnicity. Doogi oppa said that because we were muti-cultured a lot of fans felt we could understand them more.

 

  “Unnie, what time are we leaving?” Mari asked, entering my room while I was getting ready.

 

  “As soon as Doogi oppa shows up with the van.” I said, pulling my shirt over my head.

 

  “I can't believe it's already our goodbye stage...people are already trying to guess fandom names.” Mari said, sitting on my bed.

 

  “Well, since Seventeen is releasing their own soon, I think we'll be coming up with ours soon enough.” I said, smiling at her.

 

  “I can't believe they already had a concert. It's only been seven months since their debut. They are so busy and I hardly get to talk to Junhui right now.” Mari said, watching me put on my shoes.

 

  “Jihoon messages me when he can, mostly just to tell me he hasn't lost the necklace.” I said, getting up after putting on my shoes.

 

  “Girls? Where are you? We have to go soon.” Doogi said, looking around the dorm for us.

 

  “Coming oppa.” Mari said, jumping off my bed and led the way out of my room.

 

  “Everyone ready?” Doogi asked, as we all gathered into the living room.

 

  “Yep. What's going to happen after the recording?” I asked, looking at him with confusion.

 

  “Well, the CEO wants you all to rest before you start unit activities.” Doogi said, turning towards the door and started to walk.

 

  “Unit activities?” we all asked, looking at each other before following him.

 

  “The CEO will brief you on it after the recording today. For now we have to go.” Doogi said, pushing us all into the elevator.

 

 The ride to Music Bank was silent as we all thought about what he had said. When we arrived at the site for filming we all got out and walked towards the entrance.

 

  “GEMS, HWAITING!” Doogi said, turning to us before we got called for recording.

 

  “Wow, right on time.” Kim said, walking towards the stage.

 

  “Hwaiting oppa!” Mari and I said back to Doogi, who gave us a thumbs up.

 

 It took one practice before Doogi led us to the back to get ready for the actual recording. After we all got ready we walked back towards the stage.

 

  “Hello.” a few voices said from behind.

 

 We all turned to see the members of UP10TION smiling at us.

 

  “Hello.” we all said, bowing at them since they were a slightly older group.

 

 UP10TION did there introduction and we did ours back before bowing again.

 

  “You are Seventeen sunbae's younger sisters right?” Jinhoo asked, looking at us closely.

 

  “Yes we are.” Sera said, looking around.

 

  “We like your debut song. Bitto already knows the dance for it.” Sunyoul said, pointing at said male.

 

  “Wahh...that's so cool.” Kim said, clapping her hands.

 

 We were called on stage and quickly said goodbye to UP10TION before going to record.

 

  “That's us. Bye.” I said, bowing towards them again before leaving and going on stage with the other three saying goodbye and following.

 

  “They are a lot taller in real life.” Mari said, looking back at the members.

 

  “A lot taller than through a computer screen.” I said, nodding in agreement.

 

 After we recorded, Doogi rushed us to the van so that we could go to the company building.

 

  “So, what do we do?” I asked, looking as we drove towards the building.

 

  “Just say the CEO called for you and they'll let you in.” he said, pulling into the buildings garage.

 

  “Where are you going?” Kim asked, looking at him as we got out.

 

  “I'm going to check Seventeen. I'll be back in time to drop you off at the dorms and then you can do what you want.” Doogi said, waving at us before driving away.

 

  “This manager of ours...” Sera said scoffing before walking into the building.

 

 After we were all seated at a table, one that freakishly reminded me of 'Seventeen Project', the CEO came in.

 

  “Good morning GEMS. How are you feeling now that promotions are done?” he said, sitting at the head of the table.

 

  “Good. It's hard to believe it's already been a month since debut.” I said, sitting up straight.

 

  “It's very nice to be able to rest now that we are done with promotions.” Mari said, nodding at the thought of food and sleep.

 

  “It's sad that we are already done though.” Kim said, smiling at us and then the CEO.

 

  “That's good to hear. I'm guessing Doogi let it slip that you were doing unit activities in a month after you have all rested?” he asked, looking at us for confirmation.

 

  “Yes. Although he didn't tell us what he meant.” Sera said, grumbling because of it.

 

  “Ah, don't worry about it. Im glad to be the one to tell you this. I will tell you about the units and you may choose to name them on your own and choose your own songs as well, or create new ones if needed. Lia and Mari, you two will be the vocal and dance unit and you will be promoting in Japan after the one month is up and after preparations are done for the album. Sera and Kim, you will be the vocal and rap unit and will be promoting in China, of course after the one month is up and preparations are done for your album. Certain members of any group can accompany you in the making as long as they speak the language. Promotions will last for about two weeks before you come back to Korea. Are there any questions?” the CEO asked, looking at all of us.

 

 We all sat in shock for a second before Sera spoke up.

 

  “So the featured artist or artists can be from any group?” she asked, looking at the CEO.

 

  “Yes. As long as their company allows it. For now i'll leave you alone to discuss names and the artists' you wish to have featured.” he said, standing up before leaving the room.

 

 After he left, we all sat back down and started to talk.

 

  “What should we call our sub-unit?” Mari asked excited.

 

  “Hmm....what about GEMSJP?” I asked, thinking for a second.

 

  “Nahh...too obvious. What about Bejeweled?” Mari asked, leaning against the table.

 

  “Ohhh.....I like that one. Let's go with that.” I said clapping.

 

  “Do you guys have a name yet?” Kim asked, looking at us.

 

  “Yep. Bejeweled. What about you guys?” I asked, turning to face them.

 

  “Nothing yet. We have a few ideas, but we are trying to pick one. Out of the ideas we came up with, only two are really sticking, but we are having trouble picking one.” Kim said, looking at Sera before turning to us.

 

  “What are the names?” Mari asked, leaning closer to them.

 

  “GMKS, which stands for GEMS Kim & Sera, and Zhēnzhū, which means Pearl in Chinese.” Sera said, looking at Kim and then us.

 

  “I think you should use Zhēnzhū. It's nice and unique.” I said, smiling at them and Mari nodding in agreement.

 

  “Okay. Now onto featured artists...I think Jinhoo and Minghao can help with ours. Who are you guys thinking of?” Kim said, Sera nodding in agreement. 

 

  “Well, Hoshi is good at speaking Japanese and probably Zelo from B.A.P.” I said, Mari nodding her head really fast.

 

  “I forgot Hoshi could speak Japanese.” Sera said, making us all laugh.

 

  “I guess you are all done deciding?” the CEO asked, coming back in making us all stand and bow.

 

  “Yes. We have our names and featured artists' decided.” I said, smiling at the CEO as we all sat down.

 

  “Okay. We'll start with Kim and Sera first.” he said, nodding towards the two girls.

 

  “Our name is Zhēnzhū and the featured artist's are Jinhoo from UP10TION and Minghao from Seventeen.” Kim said, making the CEO clap.

 

  “Lovely choices. I heard that UP10TION debuted simultaneously in Korea and China. I'm sure that they would be happy to partake. Now what about you two?” he said, turning towards Mari and I.

 

  “Our name is Bejeweled and the featured artists are Hoshi from Seventeen and Zelo from B.A.P.” Mari said, smiling when the CEO nodded in approval.

 

  “Such great choices and i'm sure your brother group would be glad to know you thought of them. You are free to go home now and think of songs and rest. Have a good one month of freedom.” the CEO said, standing up with us.

 

  “Thank you CEO.” we all said, bowing before we left.

 

  “So how did it go?” Doogi asked as we all went to the car.

 

  “Amazing. GEMS debuted a month ago and already has sub-units.” I said, looking at him before getting in the car.

 

  “At least you get to rest. Seventeen is having a comeback not long after their concert if I remember correctly.” Doogi said, driving towards our dorm.

 

  “How come they aren't resting?” I asked, glaring out the window.

 

  “With how restless Jihoon is, you think he's gonna stop writing?” Doogi asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

 

  “I can make damn sure he does.” I mumbled looking out the window.

 

 The ride to the dorms was silent after that. All of us thinking of songs and whatnot. After arriving at the dorms we said goodbye to Doogi before separating into units and going into the unit leaders room. Mari and I went into mine and Sera and Kim went into Sera's.

 

  “Did he say it had to be a mini album or can we make it a full?” Mari asked, sitting on my bed.

 

  “I don't know, but let's make it a full.” I said, sitting next to her and pulling out my song book.

 

  “Want me to go get mine?” Mari asked, looking at my song book.

 

 I nodded and she jumped off my bed and ran to her room before coming back in and sitting back down.

 

  “That was fast.” I said, laughing at her.

 

  “Well duh. Now let's see which songs would be good with a rap in it. I know Zelo can sing, but I'd rather he not. You and Hoshi can have a harmony duet together.” Mari said, flipping through her book.

 

 We had both marked off the songs we used for the debut mini-album so that we didn't accidentally use them again.

 

  “What about you and Zelo do a rap part together? I know you can rap.” I said, glaring at her as if to tell her to lie to me.

 

  “Fine...just cause you asked..and because it's Zelo.” Mari said, making us both laugh.

 

  “Jihoon isn't gonna be happy about me and Soonyoung singing together...jealous pixie.” I mumbled, making Mari huff.

 

  “It's just for the song...It's not like you are making out in the music video.” Mari said, making me whack her.

 

  “Let's just choose the songs. Sera and Kim might need help later.” I said, looking back at my book.

 

…..........I AM SORRY! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! I have had writers block for this story, so I decided to take a break and do a few one shots before I updated this....Hope you all like it and sorry for the delay...anyways....wweeeee sub-units XD...what will happen in the one month?...Please wait patiently to find out! <3 (Outfits from their final performance is below)

Outfits:

 

Lia: http://i68.tinypic.com/28jcto6.png

Mari: http://i64.tinypic.com/wh0fp4.png

Sera: http://i66.tinypic.com/5oa2qh.png

Kim: http://i68.tinypic.com/10gftd0.png