Ch.11

With Seventeen!

Ch.11

“The Exit Test, The Practice Room, and...Wait...What?”

 

~Last time on WS~

 

  “Let's practice our Japanese for a while and then head to sleep. I want to pass that test no matter what.” Sera said, pressing the button to call the elevator.

 

 We all agreed and when we got to our apartment, we sat in the living room for six hours just studying and talking in Japanese. Thankfully we had that day off and slept in.

 

~Now~

 

 It took us nearly a month to finally learn everything in Chinese, as well as constantly talking to each other back in forth in the other two languages. Today was our 'exit test' for the Chinese portion of our language learning, and the final one at that. We were all so nervous that we stayed up until almost five in the morning just studying, but we all still managed to wake up two hours later in time for Doogi PD to arrive.

 

  “Good morning girls.” Doogi PD said walking in with coffee and doughnuts.

 

  “Good morning Doogi oppa.” I said leaning against the kitchen counter.

 

 A few weeks ago, he told us to stop calling him Doogi PD, so we decided to call him oppa instead.

 

  “Where are the others?” he asked putting a hot chocolate coffee in front of me.

 

  “Mari just finished showering, so I believe she is getting dressed. Sera and Kim are showering now.” I said, slowly sipping my coffee.

 

  “Are you excited for the last test?” he asked, handing me a chocolate doughnut with coconut sprinkles.

 

 I turned and looking at him with a funny face before face planting the counter.

 

  “We hardly slept oppa....where is my coffee?” Mari asked walking in slowly.

 

 Doogi PD handed her a coffee before Sera and Kim came into the kitchen.

 

  “Wow you two were fast.” I said, looking up at them.


  “We smelt coffee and chocolate.” Sera said, looking at Doogi PD.

 

 He handed the two their coffee and doughnuts before everything went silent while we ate.

 

  “Okay. Let's get started.” Doogi PD said as soon as we cleaned up.

 

  “Yay...” I said, moving to the living room.

 

  “You have the entire day to finish this test. You may not help each other or cheat what-so-ever. This is your final test and if you pass, I will take you the practice room at the company building.” Doogi PD said, handing us our papers and we all started.

 

 Kim was the first one done, seeing that as soon as we started learning the language, he Chinese side started working itself. Soon after, Sera, me, and then Mari were done as well.

 

 We waited on the side like we did with the other two tests and watched Doogi's reaction, but of course...he was expressionless.

 

 Ten minutes later, Doogi stood up and smiled and walked towards us.

 

  “Go pack some clothes and get some cold water girls. We are going to the practice room.” he said, handing us back our papers.

 

  “YAY!!!!!!! Staying awake until five in the morning was worth it!” Kim said, jumping around.

 

  “You guys have pure dedication for staying awake that long.” Doogi PD said, before turning and packing up his stuff.

 

  “Let's go pack.” I said, turning and running towards my room.

 

 I grabbed my pink gym bag and packed a pair of clothes before changing into my workout clothes and putting on my training shoes.

 

 We all walked out to the van and threw our stuff in the way back before getting in and heading to the building. Since the CEO still didn't want anyone to know that a girl group was in the making, we shad to sneak in through the back.

 

  “Are you sure Seventeen aren't using it today?” Mari asked as we walked through the building.

 

  “I've seen their schedule. They aren't free until around five in the afternoon.” Doogi PD said, leading us to the room, since this was out first time being there.

 

  “That's cool.” Kim said bouncing a little.

 

  “Are you going to turn in our results to the CEO?” Sera asked looking over at Doogi.

 

  “Yes. Today he gets to see his multicultural girl group become reality. Practice hard ladies.” he said opening the door, before leaving us.

 

  “It looks bigger than it did in the youtube videos.” I said, making Sera laugh.

 

  “Let's start practicing.” Mari said walking over to the speakers near the back and plugging in her phone.

 

 Our debut song 'International GEMS' started blasting through the room and we all started singing along to it.

 

  “Let's sing first and then dance.” I said sitting on one of the chairs.

 

 As we were singing, we started going over the track listing for the mini album. We decided on a mini album since not many groups do full length and it's also a better way to get known first. There would be five songs on the album, four full length songs and then the title tracks instrumental version.

 

~Track Listing~

 

  1. International GEMS (title track)

  2. Only Today

  3. Indestructible Hope

  4. Our Color

  5. International GEMS (instrumental)

 

  “Okay, let's start dancing.” Mari said standing up.

 

  “Alright.” I said, stretching my legs.

 

 We practiced dancing all of our songs a few times before laying in a small corner of the room together. I was laying my head on Mari's back, Kim was laying her head on my stomach and Sera was sprawled out on the floor next to us.

 

  “What time is it now?” Kim asked, looking up a little. 

 

  “About three-thirty.” Mari said, lifting her phone up.

 

  “I'm gonna take a nap.” Sera said, closing her eyes.

 

 After we all agreed we fell asleep.

 

~No ones POV~ (conversations are written in English, but are being spoken in Korean)

 

 Seventeen exited their van and began walking into the building quickly before the screaming of their fans made them deaf.

 

  “These fans are gonna make me deaf.” Vernon mumbled holding his ears as they all entered the company building.

 

  “I know. I wonder where Doogi hyung is...he's been very busy lately.” Dino said, walking near Seungkwan.

 

  “Let's go to the practice room. It's colder in there.” Jeonghan said, pulling his hair up into a ponytail.

 

 The boys all nodded before heading towards the room, where four girls were still sleeping soundly in a corner.

 

  “Wow...it's colder in here than usual.” Seungcheol said, walking in the door.

 

  “I wonder why?” Jisoo said looking around.

 

  “Shhhh....who are they?” Junhui asked, pointing at the girls in the corner.

 

  “Wait...aren't those the girls from our concert?” Jisoo asked moving a little closer.

 

  “It is....I never seen anyone with blonde hair.” Jihoon mumbled.

 

  “There are plenty of people with blonde hair.” Hoshi said, pointing to his own hair.

 

  “Her hair isn't dyed.” Jihoon said glaring.

 

  “Shhh....you guys are gonna wake them up.” Vernon said glaring at the two.

 

  “Aren't we older?” Hoshi asked raising an eyebrow.

 

  “He's right though. If we wake them up they might have heart attacks.” Seungcheol said, looking down at the four girls.

 

 No one noticed Seungkwan pulling out his phone until he pressed play and sat next to the girls.

 

  “Oh Ladies~
    This is your story.” Seungkwan started singing obnoxiously loud.

 

 He continued singing even while the boys were trying to take his phone.

 

  “Ije wake up wake up wake up wake wake up
   Wake up wake up wake up wake wake up” Seungkwan kept it going.

 

 Lia and Kim woke up, twitching.

 

 Kim looked up at Lia noticing she was awake as well.

 

  “YAH BOO SEUNGKWAN!!!! NAGA!!!!!!” Lia and Kim screeched, causing everyone in the room to jump.

 

 Seungkwan moved awake from the girls as fast as he could, but Lia grabbed him ankle and pulled him down to the floor before putting him in one of her infamous death hugs...basically just a very tight bear hug.

 

  “Someone...help...please...” Seungkwan begged s.

 

(In English, since the boys don't know they can speak Korean yet)

 

  “Lia....can you please try not to kill our member?” Vernon asked moving closer.

 

  “Would you like to take his place?” she asked glaring at him, before releasing Seungkwan and standing up.

 

 Kim stood as well, followed by Mari and a very unhappy looking Sera.

 

  “Sorry....Seungkwan does that to everyone.” Jisoo said moving towards us.

 

  “We know...” I said glaring at the boy one more time, who hid behind Hoshi.

 

(Back into Korean and Lia's POV)

 

  “Her hair is still blonde and it got longer...” Jihoon mumbled looking at my hair.

 

  “It's going to grow after almost three months.” I said, confusing everyone.

 

  “When did you learn Korean?” Jisoo asked, looking at me.

 

  “All of us learned...Korean, Japanese and Chinese in the last two months.” I said sitting back down on the ground.

 

 Everyone slowly followed suit.

 

  “How come?” Jeonghan asked, leaning towards us.

 

  “Doogi oppa scouted us in California after we left. We've been training very hard for the last two months.” Kim said, smiling at Jeonghan.

 

  “That explains why Doogi hyung has been so busy.” Dino said, leaning back.

 

  “When are you supposed to debut?” Seungcheol asked, looking at Sera, before looking back at me.

 

  “Not to long from now. We already have our track list and choreography...we just need to finish everything else.” Mari said, looking around the room.

 

  “Everything else?” Seungcheol asked confused.

 

  “Recording the songs, MV, photo shoot...everything else.” Sera said, leaning against the wall behind her.

 

  “Who choreographed the songs?” Hoshi asked looking at all of us.

 

  “Mari did.” I said, pointing at Mari, who was raising her hand.

 

  “The lyrics?” Jihoon asked looking at me.

 

  “All of us. It's a mix of mine and Lia's songs that we've been writing. With Sera handling the rapping and a few lyrics from Kim, since she is more of a dancer than writer or singer.” Mari said, smiling widely at Jihoon's curiosity.

 

  “How were you guys scouted so fast?” Junhui asked, making himself known to Mari.

 

  “Doogi oppa said he practically followed us after the CEO noticed our....bloodlines.” I said, laughing at the way I put it.

 

  “Bloodlines?” Minghao asked, peaking from behind Junhui.

 

  “I'm Korean-American, as well as Sera. Mari is Japanese, Korean, and American, and Kim is Chinese, Korean, and American.” I said smiling at Minghao.

 

  “How are you guys so...mixed?” Vernon asked looking at Mari and then Kim.

 

  “My mom is Korean and my dad is American. Lia is the opposite of me, her mom is American and her dad is Korean. Mari's mom is Japanese-American and her dad is Korean. Kim's mom is Chinese and her dad is Korean-American.” Sera said, causing the boys to stare at us.

 

  “How old are you?” Jihoon asked looking between us.

 

  “What's with the twenty questions?” Sera asked, sitting up.

 

  “Well...majority of us are sure you already know our birthdays and bloodlines. So we might as well do the same.” Seungcheol said, making me laugh.

 

  “I'm nineteen, turning twenty in January. Mari is eighteen and she turns nineteen in December. Sera is nineteen and turns twenty in February. Kim is our oldest. She's twenty-one and turns twenty-two in March.” I said, laughing when they all looked at Kim in shock.

 

  “Don't say it...she'll hunt you down and kill you.” Mari said, stopping anyone from calling her a shorty.

 

  “When are your actual birthdays?” Hoshi asked, looking at us.

 

  “January 30, 1996.” I said, looking at Mari.

 

  “December 9, 1996.” she said, looking over at Sera.

 

  “February 3, 1996.” Sera said, looking at Kim.

 

  “March 11, 1994.” Kim said, glaring at everyone.

 

  “Why is she glaring?” Jisoo asked looking at Kim.

 

  “She's waiting for someone to height...or say that someone is actually shorter than Jihoon.” I said, laughing when Jihoon twitched.

 

  “Even you're shorter than me.” Jihoon mumbled looking away.

 

  “I know.” I said, making everyone laugh.

 

  “GEMS are you ready......ohhh.....hi.” Doogi PD said walking in awkwardly.

 

  “GEMS?” the boys asked simultaneously.

 

  “That's our group name. It has been for the past four years.” I said, standing up with everyone following.

 

  “You guys have been together for that long?” Seungcheol asked in shock.

 

  “Yep. See you guys later.” Mari said, waving before we all left.

 

  “Bye!” the boys chorused as we walked out the door.

 

  “What happened?” Doogi asked looking at us.

 

  “Seungkwan and his singing woke us up.” Kim said, remembering earlier.

 

  “Oh god....that boy is going to be thrown out a window one day for doing that.” Doogi said shaking his head.

 

  “So how did the meeting go?” I asked looking up at Doogi as we walked to his regular car.

 

  “Good. Sleep good tonight girls. Tomorrow we start recording the songs.” Doogi said getting in the drivers side, me in the passenger side and the other three in the back behind us.

 

  “Sweeet~.” we all said, but remained silent the rest of the ride.

 

  “See you girls in the morning.” Doogi said dropping us at the lobby entrance.

 

  “Bye oppa!” we said waving before heading up to our rooms.

 

 We entered our rooms and hugged before saying goodnight and falling asleep.

 

…....................whoop whoop...finally an update TToTT...thank god i'm almost done with this semester!...anyways....thank you Kim unnie for the Seungkwan idea <3...I will update again ASAP! I love you guys and thank you for subscribing :D