Ch.1

With Seventeen!

tumblr_inline_mn41t56RXl1qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mn41t889Fn1qz4rgp.gif13.gif tumblr_inline_mn41t56RXl1qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mn41t889Fn1qz4rgp.gif13.giftumblr_inline_mn41t56RXl1qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mn41t889Fn1qz4rgp.gif

 

Ch.1

 

 Hi! My name is Lia Choi. I am nineteen-years-old and am of Korean-American descent. My mother is America and my father, Korean. I was born and raised in America and go to college at our local university. I have three best friends. Mari Kyu, is eighteen-years-old and is of Japanese, Korean and American descent, her mom being Japanese-American and her dad being Korean. Sela Han, three days younger than me, and is also of Korean-American descent, only her mom is Korean and her dad is American. My last best friend, and oldest, is Melody Kim. She is twenty-one years old and is of Chinese, Korean and American descent, mother being Chinese and father being Korean-American. We were big fans of Korean pop music, but sadly knew little of our Korean heritage, even if all four of us studied the class together. Sera is the most proficient in the language, with Mari being more fluent in Japanese. I knew a little bot of all three of our Asian languages, but not a lot. While being mostly Chinese, Melody knew little to none of the Chinese language, but knew quite a bit about Korean.

 

  “Unnie, let's go shopping today.” Mari said calling me from my cellphone.

 

  “For what?” I asked with a smile on my face.

 

  “I don't know yet.” Mari said making me laugh.

 

  “Okay...let Sera and Kim know as well.” I said before hanging up.

 

  “Is everything okay?” one of my classmates asked, looking at me.

 

  “Yes. Just my best friend asking to go shopping.” I said smiling.

 

  “Oh...are you and the three going to Korea for the Seventeen concert by any chance?” she asked looking at the professor.

 

  “Yes. We are waiting for tickets to go on sale. How about you Rina?” I asked turning so that I could copy the notes that were appearing on the smart board.

 

  “I'm not sure yet. Sadly, my dad said that there was no way we could pay for the flight and expenses while I'm there...so I most likely can't go.” Rina said sadly.

 

  “Oh...maybe one day they'll have a concert here and then you will only have to pay for the ticket.” I said patting her arm comfortingly.

 

  “Yeah. That'd be cool.” Rina said smiling.

 

 The bell rang and I said bye to Rina one more time before heading to my Korean Studies class, which I had with Mari, Sera and Melody.

 

  “UNNIE! How was English class? Is Rina going to the concert?” Mari asked running up to me when I reached the door.

 

  “Ani....her dad said that they don't have enough money...so she can't go sadly.” I said, linking arms with her before entering the class.

 

  “Awe...I was hoping she could come.” Mari said sadly.

 

  “I know.” I said patting her head.

 

  “What are you sad about?” Sera asked coming up behind us with Melody.

 

  “Rina unnie can't go to the concert...” Mari said pouting.

 

  “Dang it...we need an adultier adult.” Melody said pouting now as well.

 

  “Kim unnie....you're twenty-one.” Sera said looking at Melody with a funny expression.

 

  “I'm not adult enough. She's twenty-five and has more sanity.” she said with a straight face.

 

  “Shhh...class is gonna start now.” I said pointing towards the professor, who had just arrived.

 

  “Dang it...i was hoping class would be canceled.” Mari said making us all laugh.

 

 Class went by pretty quick and with this being all of our last class we headed out towards mine and Sera's cars.

 

  “I'm going with Lia!” Mari said raising her hand.

 

  “That doesn't surprise anyone.” I said laughing.

 

  “We'll meet you at the mall.” Sera said shaking her head at Mari.

 

  “Shoot.” I said showing a peace sign.

 

 I had a dark blue, 2009 Mustang Convertible and Sera had a blue, 2015 Kia Soul. Of course Mari and Melody had cars, but with us living so close, we just car pooled. Melody has a dark pink Nissan GTR and Mari has a dark purple, 2009 Chevy Camero.

 

  “So what exactly did you want to go to the mall for?” I asked looking over at Mari.

 

  “Clothes for Korea...and a new bathing suit since we'll be there for a few days after the concert.” she said shrugging.

 

  “I knew it....” I said laughing.

 

  “Ticket's come out at midnight right?” she asked leaning back.

 

  “Yep...all of us are rooming in my house tonight.” I said pulling into the mall and parking on the roof, with Sera parking right next to me.

 

  “So why are we here?” Melody asked looking around.

 

  “Clothes for Korea and a bathing suit.” I said linking arms with Mari and Melody.

 

  “Oooo...bathing suit sounds fun.” Melody said, leading us to her favorite bathing suit shop.

 

  “How did I know she'd drag us here.” Sera said looking up at the neon pink sign for the store.

 

  “It's Melody.” I said laughing.

 

  “At least their bathing suits aren't expensive.” she said going to look for a suit in her size.

 

  “She has a point. We all might as well get one.” Mari said following Melody around.

 

  "You don't have to get a bikini.” I said patting Sera's arm.

 

  “I would hope not....” she said and followed me around.

 

 After we all found a bathing suit, we paid and then went to another store to buy outfits to wear to the concert and around Korea for when we wanted to go shopping after the concert.

 

 We all got about four outfits, including shoes and then got some jewelry before heading to my house.

 

  “Unnie what time is it?” Mari asked Melody, who was holding her phone in her hands.

 

  “It's 8:48pm.” she said not looking up.

 

  “Thank you. Let's go home and pack. The concert is in four days and we arrive in Korea the day of the concert.” Mari said looking at her phone.

 

 We were really spoiled children, all of us being the only child in our families. My father was the CEO of a big company and Mari's dad is his partner, while Kim and Sera's father ran a mall in another town. We got a lot of money from them. Even though we were spoiled by our parents, we refused to show it off.

 

 I have a white Samsung S6 phone with a light pink case, Mari has a purple S6 Edge, Sera has a dark blue S6 with a dark blue and black case, and Melody has a black Samsung S5 mini with a dark pink leopard print case over it.

 

  “Why'd you ask her for the time if you were just going to take out your phone?” I asked laughing.

 

  “I don't plan these things.” Mari said shrugging making us laugh.

 

  “Okay here's the plan. We all head to our own homes, pack as fast as possible and then meet up at Lia's house.” Sera said getting into her car.

 

  “Sounds good to me.” I said showing a thumbs up, followed by nods of agreement from Melody and Mari.

 

  “Let's get this started.” Mari said closing the door to my car before we all headed home.

 

….........first chapter is done and I hope you all subscribe :). It's going to be a few more chapters before Seventeen actually appears so please be patient. Comment if anything and pictures of of the cars and phones will be down below.

 

~Cars~

 

Lia: http://i61.tinypic.com/298k86.jpg

 

Mari: http://i60.tinypic.com/otjfah.jpg

 

Sera: http://i60.tinypic.com/ioizw5.jpg

 

Melody: http://i59.tinypic.com/1232u88.png

 

~Phones~

 

Lia: http://i58.tinypic.com/2qisfgy.jpg

 

Mari: http://i57.tinypic.com/33boh8i.jpg

 

Sera: http://i62.tinypic.com/311nyhe.jpg

 

Melody: http://i58.tinypic.com/155jgb6.jpg

 

I WANT TO GIVE A BIG SHOUT OUT AND THANK YOU TO DARK GRAPHIC SHOP FOR CREATING MY AMAZING COVER! THANK YOU SO MUCH! <3