Crimson Silence

Only In My Dream

Computer class.

Ma-ssaem instructed his class to go to the computer laboratory for computer exercises. As the students got in the lab, He Yi whispered something to her cohorts, and when Mi Nyu was about to sit down on her chair, the sidekick pulled the poor girl's chair away. The other students gasped in horror as He Yi and her friends laughed to their heart's content. Tae Kyung approached Mi Nyu and helped her to her feet.

"Don't mind them," he told her.

She nodded and sat on the chair. Meanwhile, Mi Nam was so furious that he went to He Yi and stared at her for a long time.

"What? Don't tell me you like me!" He Yi told him.

Mi Nam formed "L" sign at her before going back to his seat. He Yi scoffed in annoyance after being insinuated that she was a loser. Anyway, the twins sat beside each other, annoying Jeremy next to Mi Nam, and guess what--Shin Woo beside Mi Nyu.

"Thanks for the tickets," she whispered to him.

He leaned and told her to really come, because Kawada Mami will hold a once-in-a-lifetime photo opp with her fans.

"Jeongmalyo?" she gasped in happiness, and he nodded.

The teacher came in, his legs wobbly and all.

"Sooooorryyyy.... sooooorryyy....." he told the students as he got in the lab.

The students looked at him in pity. What had happened for him to walk with wobbling legs?

"I fell off the stairs, so please be kind to me," the teacher begged as he sat on the chair in front.

He began the lessons, and he instructed them to be by pairs for the activity. Mi Nam wanted to have his sister as his partner, but Jeremy called her to be his partner.

"No, she's my partner," Tae Kyung called out from across the table.

"How is that possible?" Jeremy argued. "I don't want to give  up my seat!"

"Neither do I!" Mi Nam snapped at both of them.

"Now, now, be quiet," Ma-seonsaengnim admonished them mildly, for he was not one to be as cruel as Wang-ssaem. "Tae Kyung, be pairs with He Yi."

"MWO??????" Tae Kyung ed. "Shireo!"

He Yi grabbed his sleeve and leaned on his arm. "Please, Oppa.... I will  be kind to you...."

"Mi Nam and Jeremy will pair up, Mi Nyu and Shin Woo," Ma-ssaem said.

"Maldo andwae!" Mi Nam ed. "I don't want to be paired up with Jeremy!"

"And you want me to trade seats with Jeremy?" Shin Woo sensibly asked his best friend. "We might be using previous activities, and our works are not even saved in the network."

"Good point, Shin Woo," Ma-ssaem said to his students. "You will indeed be using your answers from previous activities."

Jeremy sneered angrily. "Had I known all along that Ma-ssaem will pair up students, I should have been in Shin Woo's place."

Mi Nam shot back at him. "I want to be in his place!"

The teacher finally passed out his activities, and when Mi Nam looked at the sheet, he felt he wanted to pass out. Jeremy could grin, for the activity was easy. Mi Nam silently thanked his stars for pairing him up with Jeremy. Though he did his best in the first year, he had to admit he was not that good in programming. Mi Nyu was thankful that Shin Woo was her partner, for the class secretary was smart in programming, and she was not.

****************

That afternoon, Shin Woo got in the music room first, because he did not want to be disturbed by his bandmates when he practiced. He was also a fan of Japanese songs, so he played a Japanese song on his guitar. He liked Shakugan no Shana, and he loved the songs in the OST.

"I guess I could warm my fingers up," he said as he grabbed his guitar.

He played the song "Aka No Seijaku (Crimson Silence)" by Yoko Ishida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0HGFjI1kmA&list=FLKz7Pfy7_AURbcH-uYUo8PA&index=1&feature=plpp_video

He did not know that Mi Nyu was watching him as he strummed, and she was captivated by the way he handled his guitar.

"It looks as if his guitar is his girlfriend," she thought.

This is the English translation of the song.

 

I close my eyes and feel my heartbeats
struggling inside the mist, seeking my own place
blindly for a long time until now

There's no such thing as a world without pain
I just want to touch and protect but
I can only stare at red skies

Just look how beautiful is world
The dream I had one day is far away and too bright
it's a little embarrassing though
meeting you is not a coincidence, now that I found a different me
let's meet the new tomorrow

It was a single casual word, yet it'll turn into my destiny
What I quietly hid in my chest is the strength to believe in that

I'll quietly pray my wish to the first star that appears
the color of the sky is changing like a red flame
which gently embraces my entire self

Dont shut the light out of your life
because when the evening comes you'll be lost in the middle of darkness
that's why try to raise your head
I can see the drifting clouds in the moonlight
And feel the warmth of your face from the side
tomorrow will come

I hear the sound of daybreak, finally the long winter has ended
this is the time of red silence
meeting you is not a coincidence, because I found a strong bond
let's greet the new tomorrow...

 

Shin Woo stopped playing after he finished, and he noticed someone from behind the door.

"Just come in, Mi Nyu-ya," he called out.

Mi Nyu cringed in embarrassment that she had been found out. She got in as instructed and stood in front of him.

"You like it?" he asked.

"Y...ye...."

He stood up and stared at her. "Why are you blushing?"

She looked back at him and shook her head. "Ah...anio....nothing to it...."

He walked and placed the guitar back to its place and settled for the keyboard.

"You know, I don't know how to play the keyboard," he told her. "I wish I could be as adroit as Tae Kyung."

"Oh, but you are already amazing," she told him cutely.

He shook his head. "I don't mind anymore, though I do have that dream sometimes."

Mi Nyu went next to him and played on the keyboard.

"Please sing for me, Shin Woo-hyung," she begged.

"Johayo," he said. "What do you want me to sing for you?"

Mi Nyu thought before answering. "You are familiar with Lee Shin of Heartstrings, are you not?"

"Ah, ne. Lee Shin, who is played by Jung Yong Hwa?" Shin Woo answered. "The narcissistic prince to Princess Gyu Won, played by Park Shin Hye?"

Gyu Won, er, Mi Nyu nodded and laughed a bit. You figure out why...

"Do you know how to sing 'Geuriwoseo'?" she asked him.

("Geuriwoseo" or "Because I Miss You" by Jung Yong Hwa)

"Uh? O... I know that," he said. "You wanna play the keyboard for me?"

"If you would want me to," she shyly replied.

He looked at her happily and said that he'd  be really happy if she played for him.

"Please do so....for me?" he pleaded with his beautiful eyes.

Mi Nyu felt her heart throbbed when she saw his eyes.

"I'd play for you, Shin Woo-hyung..." she softly said.

Then, she tapped on the bars of the keyboard and played for him. He got his guitar, and played along with her as he sang Lee Shin's song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-W445HyNok&list=FLKz7Pfy7_AURbcH-uYUo8PA&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Here is the English translation of the song.

Always under exactly the same sky, always exactly the same day
Other than your not being here, there’s nothing different at all
I just want to smile, want to forget everything
Just like absolutely nothing has happened, smiling to live my days

Miss you, miss you so much, because I miss you so much
Everyday all by myself, calling and calling you
Want to see you, want to see you, because I want to see you so much
Now it’s like I have this habit, keep calling out your name
It’s the same today

I thought I’d let go, not leaving anything behind
No, no, now I still can’t let you go
Miss you, miss you so much, because I miss you so much
Everyday all by myself, calling and calling you

Want to see you, want to see you, because I want to see you so much
Now it’s like I have this habit, keep calling out your name
It’s the same today

Everyday, everyday, it feels like I’m gonna die, what should I do?

Love you, love you, I love you
I hadn’t even spoken the words, I just let you go
Sorry, sorry, do you hear my words
My late confession, can you hear it
I love you....

 

Both of them smiled each other when they finished.

"That was nice," he said as he stared at her.

"Ye...it indeed was..." she softly replied.

They could have engaged on staring sessions for hours had it not been for his cellphone. When he answered, the person on the other line was Tae Kyung. After talking to Tae Kyung, he told Mi Nyu they won't be having practices this day.

"But your competition?" she asked.

"Gwaenchanha. There'll be tomorrow," he replied. "Tae Kyung has a meeting with the the other class presidents in all grade levels, and Mi Nam had remedial classes for computer. Jeremy went home immediately because he needed to take Jolie to the vet."

"So, does that mean, you'll practice alone?" she asked.

He shrugged then looked out the window. The afternoon sun was inviting, it was good for a walk.

"Do you wanna walk with me?" he asked her.

Mi Nyu nodded. Then, both of them went out of the school for a walk.

******

Shin Woo brought Mi Nyu to the jetty where they could watch the sun set. The afternoon wind was soothing to the face, and Mi Nyu loved it.

"This is beautiful," she said to him. "I wish we could be like this forever."

She turned to look at him, but he was silent and thinking. Tears began flowing down his eyes, and due to the rays of the red sunset, his tears looked red.

"Shin Woo-hyung must have a lot of things in mind," she thought. "But what is he thinking? What is he feeling right now?"

She watched him form his hands as if he were taking a picture.

"What are you doing?" she asked him innocently.

"Just taking pictures," he said as he looked at her. "This day has been so beautiful for me, and I don't want to forget it."

"Shin Woo-hyung will not forget this day, because he went here with me," she told him.

He only smiled at her and continued looking at the sunset. For half an hour, they spent watching sunset together in utter silence. Mi Nyu knew that her hyung would sometimes ponder on things, so she was just grateful to be near him even if he will say nothing at all. Later, she felt his hand on her wrist.

"Do you want to run with me?" he asked.

"Run? Where?" she asked.

"Anywhere," he said. "I wanna run anywhere with you today."

She smiled at him as they ran around till they got tired. And with that turn of events, she suddenly remembered the song which Mi Nam had her listen: Crimson Tears.

 

A city dyed by the sunset sky and your face from the side-
What are you thinking about, what are you looking at, what are you feeling?
 
For instance, if we can’t see our future ahead
Then I’ll grip your hand and we’ll run endlessly...

 

Thoughts began forming in her mind. Even if they spent the sunset in red silence, and she saw his red tears, she cherished time being with him. She was still confused regarding her real feelings for him, but she liked spending time with him. As she had said, she hoped they'll stay like this forever....