Afterword 2

Only In My Dream

"But when you came back, you made my life even more difficult and miserable. I tried so hard to forget you, and did my best to act the good hyung that you wanted me to be, but here you are, doing all the good things for me.... Because of you, I ended up being nicer than I intended to. I ended up protecting you. I ended up hurting myself again."

"And is it wrong, Shin Woo-hyung?"

"Yes, it is, Mi Nyu. It is totally wrong! My life had been totally peaceful without you. I was doing my best not to remember you. I was happy being with the Mars guys. And on the day you came with Tae Kyung, I felt like I was haunted by a painful memory. I don't understand why you are being kind to me all of a sudden. And why would you even care....?"

"Of course I have the right to be worried!" Mi Nyu sobbed. "How could I not care, when all these times, all I ever thought was you?"

Shin Woo froze. "Mwo?"

"Ye, Shin Woo-hyung... On the day when I left, when Hyungnim said that you were in Busan, I was worried and I didn't know why. I thought of you that day, and I was sad. In Africa, I suddenly woke up feeling my love for Hyungnim fade... And I started thinking of you. It was always about you...it had always been you... I never got over you getting over me..."

Mi Nyu cupped his face with her hands and looked at him in tears. His eyes began to well up with tears as well.

"Shin Woo-hyung..." she whispered. "I love you...."

Shin Woo took  her hands from his face and held them.

"I love you so much Shin Woo-hyung, that everytime you acted like you don't care, everytime you say you are being a good hyung only, I feel like I am dying. I feel like I am dying over and over again.... It was so painful to know that you no longer love me... I did my best to be kind to you and to do things for you, and even to help you walk, because I love you so much. The kiss--the kiss in the video... I did not intend it as the girl in the video. I gave it to you because I love you..."

Shin Woo looked at her intently.

"Mianhae, Mi Nyu-- I am sorry for ever lying to you...I tried denying, but I could not help it. Everytime I did something nice to you, I resorted to my hyung excuse because I wanted to hide my feelings. I tried my best to act cool because I don't want to get close to you again. I held my head up high, and only break down and cry when it rains because I don't want anybody to see my tears. Though my limping legs were trying to tell me to get real, I totally hid myself and built up a wall... I did my  best to be cold because I don't want you to know..."

Mi Nyu waited for his answer.

"I kept denying the reality, that through all these time, I am still deeply in love with you."

 

(Chapter 20: The One Thing You Should Know,  "The Last Thread Of Love" fanfic)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/86676/20/the-last-thread-of-love-drama-jungyonghwa-korean-parkshinhye-romance-yourebeautiful

 

 

~~~~END~~~~