Meri Kuri ♫

Only In My Dream

Christmas Eve.

Jeremy had a surprise visit from his royal grandfather, and he spent Christmas with his beloved monarch. The old man reminisced the good times when he saw Jolie (the real dog) and the Jolie scarf.

*****

He Yi and Tae Kyung spent their first Christmas as a couple, and Mo Hwa Ran (who posed as Tae Kyung's loving aunt) went with him to He Yi's house to celebrate Christmas with He Yi's family.

*****

Shin Woo's parents, as usual, spent Christmas with Aunt Mi Ja and family. Aunt Mi Ja was cooking a lot of native Korean foods, and Mi Nam had cleaned the house well so that the family and visitors could sit at the low table.

While at table, Mr. Kang and his wife toasted soju with Aunt Mi Ja.

"Thank you very much for taking care of our Shin Woo while he studies here," Mr. Kang said.

Aunt Mi Ja replied. "Cheonmaneyo. We have been friends for a very long time, so your Shin Woo is already like a son to me."

The twins and the class secretary chewed on their food as they listened to the grown-ups talk. Later, Aunt Mi Ja suggested that they all sing.

"Mi Nam-ah, prepare the sound system," she ordered.

Mi Nam lazily got his off the floor and staggered to the sound system.

"Oh, Mi Ja-ya, you are getting richer and richer by the day, eh?" Mdm. Kang friend.

Aunt Mi Ja chuckled at her friend's comment. And so, the oldies sang, treating the house like it was a noraebang. Even Mi Nam joined in, as Aunt Mi Ja had him dance waltz with her while the Kang couple sang the songs from the days of old.

******

Mi Nyu found Shin Woo sitting under the tree in the garden.

"Shin Woo-hyung," she called out.

He smiled as she went to him.

"What's that you're hiding behind your back?" he asked.

Mi Nyu shook her head, saying that keeping her hands behind her back was just a mannerism of dainty girls like her.

"Don't you want to sing with your parents?" she asked as she sat beside him.

He just gave a mysterious smile at her. 

"My parents had been very busy," he said. "Let them have some fun with Aunt Mi Ja without any teenagers around."

"But Oppa...."

"But your Oppa is no teenager," he as he tousled her hair.

"But Oppa is not old," she protested.

"Ara," he whispered as he leaned closer.

She shut her eyes and asked. "Are you going to kiss me, Shin Woo-hyung?"

He smiled at her question and replied. "No, there is a star falling down your hair."

Mi Nyu opened her eyes and brushed her hands to her hair, hoping to catch that star. She was a bit disappointed when Shin Woo smiled at her.

"You lied to me," she pouted in that cute way of hers.

"Mianhae," he whispered.

He leaned forward, and Mi  Nyu closed her eyes again. This time, he gave her a soft and sweet kiss for Christmas. Her heart was fluttering that she did not mean to give him a very deep kiss. He was surprised that her tongue tasted sweet like the cherry that she ate for dessert.

After the kiss, Mi Nyu shyly handed him her love letter and a small box.

"Merry Christmas, Shin Woo-hyung," she greeted.

"So, you really did hide something from behind your back," he remarked.

He also got something from his pocket and gave it to her. It was the yellow envelop and a small box too.

"Merry Christmas," he told her.

They decided to stay near the balcony so that they could read each other's letter. Finally, Shin Woo's eomma called them to come in and join. But Aunt Mi Ja saw that the two rather spend time together, so his eomma just encouraged them to be together.

"Ready to read our love letters?" he told her.

They took out the letters from the envelops and started reading. Unlike the first letters which made them cry, this one made them smile from ear to ear. It was just so sweet, and the feeling of them being together for Christmas was very sweet indeed.

Finally, they agreed to open each other's gifts. When Mi Nyu opened hers, he got her a necklace with a note pendant  "". 

"Wow, this is cute!" she said.

As for him, she got him a white gold bracelet.

"Wow, this is daebak!" he remarked excitedly.

To this, she wore the bracelet on him, and he wore the necklace on her. They thanked each other for the sweet gifts, and as Mi Nyu was about to kiss him, he told her not to, or else, the oldies will see them.

"Let's get back to the tree," he told her.

And when they got back near the tree, Mi Nyu kissed his lips. After she broke the kiss, she spoke first.

"Saranghaeyo," she whispered.

He brought his face close to her ears and whispered that he loved her too.

"Will you dance with me?" he whispered.

And to this, she whispered her affirmation. Then, he pulled her closer, holding her one hand with his hand, and placing his other hand to her waist. To this, she placed her free hand to his shoulder.

"Are we dancing the waltz?" she asked.

"Ne. Nothing's sweeter to me than the waltz," he told her.

They danced round and round sweetly, and remembered the times that they spent together: watching sunsets and running together, the single rose, the first kiss, the exchange of love letters, and now, the dance. 

From the inside, Mi Nam sang a Christmas song by BoA, and the sweetness of the tune and the song matched the couple who were charmingly waltzing under the moonlight. Below is the English translation of the Japanese Christmas song by BoA entitled "Meri Kuri."

 

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APPk2AUWQCg&list=WLCEB258D7A81357B9&index=130&feature=plpp_video)

 

I felt as if the distance between us had gotten a lot smaller
As we looked up at the chilly sky, arms linking unconsciously
 
At the convenience store we choose a tea and share it as usual
With me wrapped in your chest
 
Stay by my side forever, forever
I want to keep gazing at my beloved you
Snowflakes, your warmth
Is winter’s gift; look, it’s snowing
 
Even if I run into pain and loneliness somewhere
I swear I’ll always make my love for you known
 
The CD you lent me, saying “Listen to this whenever you’re down”
Is a musical love letter you’ve given me
 
I’ve always, always wanted to say
Thank you for getting together with me
The snow falls, saying
“Hold the person you love even more”
 
Looking for a present, I had a mysterious feeling
That even though I hadn’t expected to, I felt even closer to you
 
Be by my side forever, forever
I want to go on a journey towards the dream we share
Snowflakes, the sky is drawing white breaths
On the street corner; look, it’s snowing
 
The white, white snow's coming tonight
Make a wish upon your kiss ♫
 
 
*****
(Here is the Korean version of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciCQibApgJU&feature=related