Moment Of Truth

Only In My Dream

Shin Woo led Mi Nyu to the music room, where they kept a first-aid kit for emergencies. He instructed her to wash her face while he go grab the kit.

After she rinsed her face, she got back in and sat down next to him. She watched him as he expertly prepared the disinfectant to be placed on cotton.

"Here, it'll sting, but just bear with it," he told her gently.

He gently held her face and isolated her cheeks, then he gently dabbed the cotton on her wound. She grimaced in pain at the stinging sensation, but to ease the pain, he blew softly on her cheeks. As he busily tended to her wounds, she could not help but look into his eyes. His eyes were dark and ordinary, but with a gentle soul like him, the eyes looked deep instead and matched beautifully with the owner. His eyes were so damn beautiful, she could not help but stare. Even his soft breath on her cheek aggravated the situation by making her feel something warm and mushy, and thus made her giddy inside.

"Why are you staring at me?" Shin Woo finally said gently.

His voice did not help either, as she was still in deep trance.

"Ya," he said.

And her trance flew away like a dream. "Uh...huh? Mworagu (What did you say)?"

He smiled at her as he tousled her hair. "You were staring at me, and I don't know why."

He noticed her blush and turned to all shades of red when she shook her head in denial. Then, he finished tending her wounds and wrapped all dressing in a paper to be thrown in the right receptacle. She watched him act like he was from the medical team.

"He's so amazing... Is that why the girls in the classroom likes him?" she thought.

Shin Woo went to the men's room to wash his hands. He could not forget the look in her eyes when she stared at him. He could saw a blush on his reflection.

"You've fallen for me," he smiled.

******

Mi Nyu's hair was still a mess by the time he got back, so he asked if she had learned how to comb her hair at all.

"Eh?" was her clueless question.

"Do you have a comb?" he asked as he held out his hand.

It was a total insult for a guy to say that a girl doesn't know how to comb her own hair, but Mi Nyu did not know that, so she instantly grabbed the comb from her bag and gave it to him.

"Gomapda," he said as he sat beside her.

He slowly took of the side ribbon from her soft and silky hair, and he started combing her hair.

"I always ruffle your hair, mianhae," he said. "So let me comb it back for you."

Mi Nyu let out a soft smile. "Do you have a yeodongsaeng, by any chance?"

"Yeodongsaengi isseo (I have)," he replied. "Wae?"

"You must have loved it when you comb her hair," she said.

"Ne, I really do," he warmly said.

"Oppa sometimes combs my hair even if we are high school students," she confessed. "He does that when he sees that I am sad. Hair combing is one great bonding experience for me."

"Geurae?"

"Ye. I like it when he does that," she said. "The gentle tugging of the comb comforts me. Just like now."

Shin Woo smiled. "So, does that mean that I am comforting you?"

Mi Nyu nodded. Then, Shin Woo told her another fact.

"Do you know that girls usually consider it rude for guys to comb their hair?" he said.

"Ah?" she asked as she sharply turned toward him. "Joesonghamnida......"

He smiled again. "The people girls allow to comb their hair are the stylists and their girl friends, or when they are really sick, their family members."

And he was neither a stylist, a girl friend, nor a family member. Mi Nyu felt guilty having him comb her hair.

"No need to apologize, arasseo?" he assured her. "I just said I always tousle your hair, so I'll keep it  back in order."

Mi Nyu closed her eyes as he continued combing her hair. Suddenly, she felt chills down her spine when he hugged her from behind.

"It's cold, isn't it?" he whispered.

She nodded. "Our school uniform is sleeveless, unlike the coat-and-tie format of the other girls in other schools. Do you know why they designed it like this?"

Shin Woo replied that even he did not know. He just continued hugging her.

"Shin Woo-hyung is so warm," she told him.

He smiled and kissed the side of her neck, and it sent shivers down her spine again. She could not help feeling awkward and giddy.

"Please stop it," she begged. She knew only Tae Kyung's smile could captivate her, and she did not want to fall for Shin Woo. Yet she could not understand why she wanted him to continue, even if he could end up kissing her instead.

"Gwaenchanha...." he said as he buried his face on her nape.

Then, she realized that her nape got wet, and she heard sniffles.

"Are you crying, Shin Woo-hyung?" she asked as she turned to him.

She looked at him having red eyes and red nose.

"Ani..." he told her. "I realized I am allergic to the scent of your shampoo."

Mi Nyu remembered that she had always loved the scent of cherry blossoms.

"But my shampoo has the scent of cherry blossoms," she told him.

"Ara... but the scent is stronger than the real flower," he said. "And I get allergic to strong scents. That is why my perfume is mild."

She looked at him as she reciprocated his act by wiping the tears off his cheeks. But Shin Woo shifted his gaze away from her.

"Ehem!" a male voice called out.

When they turned to look, it was Mi Nam.

"You have quite a moment here," he said to them. "Sorry to bother."

"Ah...anio, Oppa," Mi Nyu lied. "Shin Woo-hyung was just combing my hair."

"Geurae?" Mi Nam laughed. "Hyung, you are making me out of business."

Shin Woo smiled at him and shook his head. "No, the business is still yours."

"Are you crying, Hyung?" Mi Nam asked.

Sensing something, he instructed his sister to exit the room for a minute as he wanted to speak to his hyung. Mi Nyu obeyed, and stayed out of the room.

Meanwhile....

"Moment of Truth," Mi Nam said to him. "You just sang it to her, did you not, Hyung?"

Shin Woo looked at his best friend and nodded. "I just did."

Mi Nam knew that his best pal confessed to her in middle school, and hearing his friend sing it again felt like the guitarist was confessing again.

"I used to know her brother, but I never knew I love her till the day she laid her eyes on me," Mi Nam quoted the lyrics to FM Static's song. "How relevant!"

Shin Woo only looked at him then stared back at the window.

"For whatever it is I am feeling for her, I might as well keep it for her peace of mind," Shin Woo told Mi Nam. "It is evident that she likes our dear class president."

Mi Nam replied. "I want you for her, so that if we all grow up and the two of you will get married, the two of us can stay bestfriends forever."

The guitarist smiled sadly at him. "If only it works that way...."

But they did not know that Mi Nyu was listening to their conversation.

"So, Shin Woo-hyung still likes me? Eotteokhaji?????"

In her confusion, she ran out of the building.

***********

While the best friends were busy talking, Jeremy came all happy while the Jolie dog scarf around his neck.

"Oh, you seem too happy!" Mi Nam sneered at his annoying classmate.

"And why not?" Jeremy shared. "I have learned from the principal that the school will be having a school play too!"

"School play?" another deep voice joined in.

"Ne, Tae Kyung-hyung," Jeremy said while not turning to look at him.

"Your senses are pretty quick today," Tae Kyung told him. "You could actually tell that it is me!"

And that was when Jeremy turned around.

"Ya! Don't you think I cannot recognize the voice of our own class president?" Jeremy shot back.

Tae Kyung pursed his lips and looked at the drummer. "So, what's up with the school play? We are not allowed to audition for that, you know?"

"Says who?" Jeremy asked.

"Me," was Tae Kyung's laconic answer.

"Aish! Annoying..." Jeremy grumbled.

And the leader gave him a triumphant look.

"Anyway, we will not be auditioning for it because....."

And the three members looked at him expectantly.

"We are automatically a part of it!" Jeremy happily shared.

Instead of being all screams and happy delights, the other members looked at him.

"How come? Is it even a musical?" Mi Nam asked.

"Ne," Jeremy said. "The principal said that the play will start a week after the interschool showdown..."

"And the band showdown will happen next month..." Tae Kyung thought. "I guess they will have a month to prepare for the school play too."

"Ne," Jeremy replied.

"Well, I think that sounds good to me," Tae Kyung replied rather dryly. "So now, all we gotta do is practice our songs for the showdown first."

All the members got down to business and practiced.