Of Jolie Scarves And Memories

Only In My Dream

Jeremy went home feeling blue, and when he got in his room, he changed his clothes. Then, he got his bag and took out the Jolie dog scarf.

"I will bathe you tonight," he said to the scarf.

He was feeling sticky and sweaty since the afternoon band showdown venue was too hot. Damn it. He had to take a nice warm night bath to calm his nerves. 

"Why not include my Jolie in the bath?" he thought. "I could save soap and water. Kekekekek."

******

And so, he was in his bath tub, scrubbing his body furiously. After his scrubbing, he also hand-scrubbed his Jolie scarf, but he washed it gently because he did not want the stitches to separate. It was the first time he had sewn in his life, and for him, his stitches were worth treasuring. 

He glanced at the face of the dog on the scarf, and he touched the X mark on the left cheek. His Jolie already looked like Himura Kenshin with the X on the left cheek. Good thing his scarf did not carry any samurai sword with it.

"I remember you when I went to London for a vacation," he said to the scarf.

He knew he was not crazy, but he felt like talking to his scarf. He narrated the rest of the story.

It all started when he went to London for a vacation during the school break. His royal grandfather was invited to a royal ball, and so the old man wanted his grandson to have a custom-made suit for the event. When the tailor attended on Jeremy, the latter saw cream-colored scarves hanging from beautiful hangers. He also saw cream-colored fur on the tailor's glass cabinet. He mentioned to the tailor that the materials looked pretty, and he said he had been wanting to have a scarf made so that he can bring it back to Korea. When the tailor asked him when he wanted the scarf made, Jeremy said he wanted it to be made right away. In his mind, he had terribly missed his dog the moment he saw the cream-colored scarves and fur. He instructed the tailor to make a scarf look like a dog, with the tail a bit long so that he can extend it to the dog's face in case he wanted his neck to be covered. The tailor understood what he meant, and Jeremy thanked the tailor. 

The royal ball was one week away from the time that Jeremy had the scarf made, so he had to wait for it--and for the suit. A few days before the ball, his governess in the palace brought in the suit and the scarf. When Jeremy saw the scarf for the first time, he instantly fell in love with it. He promised to wear it at the royal ball.

During the royal ball, his grandpa was astonished to see his grandson wearing a dog scarf around his shoulder, but he  did not admonish the young man. Knowing the fashionable ways of the Koreans, the royalty just let him be. And it was during the dance with some princesses that the Jolie scarf became a love to all the ladies and the girls. But Jeremy would not allow them to make the scarf because this was the one and only, and thus, was the most precious in all the world. 

Finally, when he got back to Korea in time for school, he proudly wore the scarf everyday, and it became his trademark.

******

Thinking back of the memories made Jeremy poignant. It had been two years since the birth of his Jolie scarf, but he still loved his precious belonging. And now, the face of his fave dog scarf was ruined, and it made him decide to love it even more.

"Not even my jacket could replace you," Jeremy said to the scarf as he continued scrubbing its tail.

 

*****

up next: He Yi and Tae Kyung's fake date....