Group Study

Only In My Dream

Jeremy was through eating dinner at home, so he went out of the house to go to Mi Nam's house for the daily group study. He was skipping happily like a leprechaun as he his Jolie dog scarf.

"JOLIEEEEE!!!!!! JOLIEEEE!!!!~" he sang. "CUUUUUTE CUTE CUTE JOLIEEEEE!!!! ♫ ♪"

Just then, he saw Tae Kyung acrossed the other side of the road, walking to the same direction as he was. And he saw He Yi trailing behind Tae Kyung.

"Oh? What are the two doing?" Jeremy thought as he hid behind a post.

****

"Eodi ga (Where are you going)?" He Yi asked Tae Kyung in that sweet and y way of hers.

"None of your business," he told her rudely, as if his other persona the day before was a front.

"I'd go wherever you will go," she replied.

"Ugh! Even if I will be attending a group study?" he asked.

"Group study? Where?" she asked.

"At Mi Nam's house," he replied.

"Oooohhh!!!! I think I wanna come!" she told him in a sing-song voice.

"Don't tell me you will bully Mi Nyu again," he replied.

"Omo, you always thought I am a  bully?" she said. "I just want to study with everybody and share my knowledge."

Tae Kyung pursed his lips before telling her to back off.

"But I wanna go!" she said as she attached herself to his arms.

"Ah... and I thought it was only Na Hyun Jung who is Hwang Baek Hyung's wad of gum!" was his irate comment.

(Na Hyun Jung and Hwang Baek Hyun are chara from the K-drama, "God of Study.")

"I won't disturb you, promise!" He Yi crooned sweetly.

He gave up and gave in to her demands, and she was so glad to follow him all the way to Aunt Mi Ja's house. Jeremy shook his head, not wanting to believe that the evil fairy will study with them tonight.

***********

"Tae Kyung-ah?" Mi Nam asked in surprise as he met the class president at the gate.

Tae Kyung explained that Mi Nyu invited him, and that He Yi tagged along. Behind him, the fairy popped out like she was playing peek-a-boo with Mi Nam. And from the other side, Jeremy also popped out.

"Jeremy, did you go along with them?" Mi Nam asked.

The two newbies looked at Jeremy, who shook his head.

"Aish, come on, let's get in," Mi Nam said.

**********

Inside Mi Nam's room, Mi Nyu and Shin Woo had already placed their school materials ready for study. Then, Mi Nam opened the door to his room and led the others in. The two person who were inside were shocked that He Yi tagged along.

"May I join?" He Yi asked in a cute but fake way.

"What else can we do? You're already here," the class secretary replied.

When the door was closed, all of them sat on the floor, and Jeremy suggested that they eat the snacks that he brought for everyone.

"Chips, you see?" he bragged.

"Keep it," Shin Woo said. "We are still full, and we might get distracted again."

"Rubbish!" Jeremy shot back at him, speaking in the British way.

"Ya, let's start studying, arasseo?" Tae Kyung said, bringing in his authority as the class president.

"As usual, we do it by pairs," Mi Nam said.

He Yi instantly glued herself to Tae Kyung so they could be partners. Jeremy and Mi Nyu paired up for tonight, while Shin Woo and his best friend studied together. Each pair studied different subjects, and shared ideas.

**************

It was already past nine-thirty that night when Mi Nyu went out of the house to breathe in fresh air. As the others were snacking on the chips that Jeremy was bringing, Shin Woo also went out to hang out in the living room to rest his eyes. It was just his excuse, because he went out to be with Mi Nyu.

"Star-gazing?" he asked her.

"Ah...ye...." she said.

Both of them saw a shooting star, and they wished.

"What did you wish for?" Shin Woo asked.

"Ah...nothing," she said. "And you?"

"I did not make a wish either," he lied.

They smiled at each other, feeling a bit relieved from all the stress in school.

"Shin Woo-hyung, I just want to cheer you up for the coming interschool band showdown," she said.

He only smiled and leaned forward to her. She knew that he was gonna kiss her again, so she closed her eyes.

"Please kiss me again," she thought.

And she did get her wish: he kissed her. In her giddiness, she slowly returned his innocent kiss, and they kissed there for a couple of minutes. When they were done, they looked at each other with longing.

"You...kissed me too?" he asked.

"Ye.... I think I should give my first kiss to the guy who kissed me first," she said.

"I had to admit, you're also my first kiss," he confessed. "So, does that mean that, you know?"

"Huh?" she asked cluelessly.

"Do you want to be my... girlfriend?" he asked her.

Her face fell.

"Joesonghamnida...." she said. "I cannot."

"Why...why not?" he asked in sadness. "Is it because you also like Tae Kyung?"

Mi Nyu found it hard to swallow her saliva. What would she say?

"Please.... please don't pressure me, Shin Woo-hyung...." she begged. "I like you, but I can't help it if I like him too...."

He looked at her with a hurt expression in his eyes.

"Could we just...stay like this? Just being friends?" she begged.

"Arasseo... if that is what you want me to be...." he sighed.

He felt he had been rejected for the second time. No, everytime she spoke of Tae Kyung, he felt being rejected more than a hundred times already.

"I hope you understand..." she said before standing up to go back inside the room.

**************

Nothing unusual was noticed by the others when Mi Nyu and Shin Woo got in the room. Jeremy chided them for being out late that he had to wait for long.

"See? I even ate your part of the cake, Hyung!" Jeremy said to Shin Woo.

"And why are you calling me 'hyung'?" he asked.

"Coz everybody's calling you that," Jeremy explained.

Shin Woo did not say anything as he sat down beside Mi Nam. Mi Nyu, had her back facing the others so that only the wall and Jeremy would occupy her mind. However, she found it hard to concentrate.

The kiss was soft and tender, and she wanted to make Shin Woo feel that she likes him by kissing him back. But she was confused whether to accept his love or not, as she was also having doubts regarding her own feelings for Tae Kyung.

"Eotteokhaji? What to do? I feel I'm such a bad girl...." she thought sadly. "Shin Woo-hyung, joesonghamnida...."