And She Chose Mami....

Only In My Dream

And true enough, Mi Nam, Jeremy, Mi Nyu, and Shin Woo had their group study in Aunt Mi Ja's house for the following days that came.

*********

Mi Nyu and Mi Nam were studying silently when Tae Kyung passed a piece of paper to her before he walked away. When the twins checked what was written, they were shocked that Tae Kyung wanted to spend the afternoon with her at the library.

"So lame! And why the library, of all places?" Mi Nam snickered.

"But Oppa, I cannot do this," she said. "Today is Kawada Mami's concert, and we promised Shin Woo-hyung, right?"

"Aish.... I almost forgot!" Mi Nam said. "Good thing I declined playing basketball with Jeremy today."

*****

That lunchtime, Mi Nyu conquered her fear as she approached Tae Kyung, who was arguing with He Yi about proving postulates.

"Hyungnim, may I talk with you?" she asked.

The class fairy bully stood up and faced her. "But Oppa is busy, see?"

Tae Kyung pulled the fairy back to her seat and stood up to talk to Mi Nyu.

"What is it?" he asked gently.

"Why is Hyungnim so kind? He is supposed to be grumpy," Mi Nyu thought. "Oh, this is a dream, right?"

She told Tae Kyung she needed to talk to him in person.

*****

They went to the lobby, where she kindly declined his offer to spend the afternoon with him.

"Is it because of Shin Woo?" he jealously asked.

She nodded. "He invited Oppa and me to an event, and we promised him."

Tae Kyung nodded. What could he do?

"If you have time, just tell me," he said.

"Mwoyeyo?" she asked. "Uh.... Hyungnim....please don't pressure me...."

"Uh? Ani, ani... I am not pressuring you..." he said.

He smiled at her again before walking away. Mi Nyu got so confused as to whether she should give him time and attention.

"But what if, I will realize that I love him and not Shin Woo-hyung?" she thought. "What to do?"

*****

And so, that evening, the twins and Shin Woo went to the Japanese singer's concert, which was met with cheers by the crowd. Many Kawada Mami fans knew that she and a fellow Japanese singer, Kotoko, had been singing much of the Shakugan No Shana songs, and they sang along with the songs, even Shin Woo.

"She's amazing, isn't she, Hyung?" Mi Nam remarked at him.

"Super amazing," he replied to his friend's ear.

Mi Nyu was not accustomed to very large crowds who went gaga over artists, but since she was with her outgoing twin, she decided to follow what he did, or follow what other fangirls did.

Later on, Mami's band played "Joint", and the crowd went wild. She spotted Shin Woo cheering for her, so she stretched her hand for him to hold. And true enough, he went to the stage with her, where they sang the song together. "Joint" had a rock edge to it, and he sang it like he was the ultimate Korean rockstar. Many girls swooned and fainted at the sight of the delicious guy with husky voice singing to a rock song.

The world stopped for Mi Nyu as she watched her hyung sing.

His stage presence was really a 180 degrees from the calm and mild-mannered class secretary she knew him to be. Although she saw AN Jell perform in school, it was usually Tae Kyung who did the singing. It was the first time she saw him sing live.

"He is...."

And she remembered the time he taught her tricks on how to remember data and store it effectively in her brain. She remembered the time that he tended her wounds, watched the sunset with her silently, ran with her till they were breathless, and went stargazing with her. Here in front of her was a totally different person who was rocking the stage, like he had some kind of a split personality.

"...Amazing...."

**************

Mi Nyu slapped her face because a mosquito bit her, and she groggily opened her eyes.

"Uh? What time is it?"

She checked her alarm clock and found that it was already quarter to eleven that night. For a short span of time, she had a veeeeeeeeeerrrryyyyy long dream already. (Spanning 8 chapters, kekekekekek). Then, she went back to sleep.

**********

The concert was over, and so the three of them went home. Mi Nam was in between them, and he was teasing his best pal for getting the attention of all the girls at the concert.

"You are hot, Hyung!" Mi Nam screamed. "By the time the concert will reach the Japanese news, Japanese girls would be looking for your profile!"

Shin Woo just smiled. "I really had a good time."

"Wow, Hyung, I wish I could sing like that," the male twin pointed out. "Too bad, Tae Kyung got to sing most of the time."

"Jeremy must have felt the same way too," Shin Woo told him.

"You are an ultimate Shana fan, are you, Hyung?" he asked again.

"Ne. I really love that anime," the guitarist replied.

"If I had been a Shana fan all along, I could have the chance to stand on stage with Mami-ssi," Mi Nam said. 

The two were talking about Shana, Yuji, the Reiji Maigo, Flame Hazes, Tomogara, and all those complicated stuff in the anime, and Mi Nyu really knew that she could never relate to it. They also talked about the photo opp, and finally, Mi Nam realized his sister was silent all along.

"Gwaenchanha, Mi Nyu-ya?" he asked her.

"Ah...ye..." she said.

"Here we are," Shin Woo announced.

They had finally reached the bus stop, so the three of them took the bus to go home. The twins sat opposite each other, as Mi Nam allowed his best pal to sit with his sis. And true enough, the gentle guitarist had her lean on her shoulder as she was dozing off. Mi Nam gave him a thumbs-up sign and winked at him.

"Oh, yeah!" Mi Nam remarked happily.

Shin Woo only smiled at the cleverness of his friend, and he cherished the head of his crush on his shoulder. To make it sweeter for us Dooley fans, he held her hand tight.