Shin Woo Vs. Tae Kyung

Only In My Dream

The next morning, the twins entered the room, and they heard He Yi bragging to her friends that she and Tae Kyung were studying together last night. Her friends all sighed in envy, and asked her how she got to study with him.

"Ani. I will not share my secret," she told them as she shook her index finger.

"Please, He Yi-ya..." they begged.

Mi Nam scoffed. "What in the world was that?"

Then, he shot a glare at his twin.

"You invited Tae Kyung, and it all went down to this," he told her.

"Joesonghamnida, Oppa," she said humbly.

"Waaaa.... I was just joking!" Mi Nam told his sister. "I was just joking!"

Then, he hugged his twin and patted her head like a puppy. Just then, Jeremy came in, singing happily, skipping like a leprechaun, and his trademark Jolie scarf.

"Will you shut up?" Mi Nam scolded him.

"Oh, but why will you stop a person from being happy?" Jeremy asked him.

The half-Brit saw the memory tree that the bully fairy made the night before (and shared with her friends), so he went to her and grabbed the paper.

"Whoa!!!! Is this your memory tree on the history of the pansori?" Jeremy asked excitedly.

"Uh-huh?" He Yi replied proudly.

"Whoah!!!! So wicked!" he said in the British manner while gushing over the tree.

"MWO?????" He Yi asked angrily as she slapped Jeremy hard.

"Huhuhuh!!!!! Why did you slap me?" Jeremy asked.

"Why are you calling me 'wicked', huh?" she demanded.

"Oh, but 'wicked' is a British slang for 'shinnanda', 'awesome'!" Jeremy explained.

"Jinjja?" she asked innocently. "Awwww.... mi-an-hae~~~~~"

"Stop talking British, or you will be misconstrued," Tae Kyung told Jeremy.

"But I can't help it!" Jeremy replied. "I am half-British!"

The president pursed his lips and went over to the twins. Jeremy massaged his cheeks as he went back to his seat, and He Yi looked at the pig rabbit girl jealously.

"Ya, are we gonna have our study again tonight?" Tae Kyung asked the male twin with authority.

"Ne, Hyungnim," Mi Nam replied. "Still after dinner."

Then Jeremy piped in as he went to them.

"But I'm worried, Hyung," he said to Tae Kyung. "The competition is near, but our songs are half-polished."

"That is why there is such a thing as 'weekend'," Tae Kyung said. "We will practice for the whole two days straight."

Shin Woo came in the room, and Mi Nyu could not help but give him a glance. Tae Kyung saw that the look in her eyes was somewhat like guilt or worry.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked her crisply.

"Ah....y..ye..." she stammered.

Shin Woo went to them and handed his equation to them.

"This is my shorcut formula and the long cut formula to solve for last night's problem about proving postulates in triangles," he told them. 

(Nosebleed.... I. Hate. Math!)

All of them looked at the sheet on Mi Nam's table.

"Whoah! This is extensive!" Mi Nam exclaimed.

As the rest where examining the solutions, Mi Nyu and Shin Woo suddenly locked eyes. Mi Nyu got her sight away from him, but he gave his fellowship by patting her on the head. 

"Gwaenchanha," he mouthed the words with a smile.

Mi Nyu smiled, but she could see that he looked sad. But nothing was kept hidden from the almighty Tae Kyung.

**********

Lunch time.

He Yi was walking with her minions when she noticed the secretary and the president talking seriously by the lobby.

"Girls, I think you need to do a little shopping for me," she said as she handed them her credit card and some coupons. "And don't you spend my money to spend for your petty frills."

The girls did not take it as an insult but a compliment. For them, when He Yi insults them, they take it with pride because they want to be like her. As her minions went their way, she hid behind the post and listened to the conversation.

"What happened last night?" Tae Kyung demanded. "I noticed you and Mi Nyu not talking this morning, and both of you are supposed to be close."

"Does that concern you?" Shin Woo shot back calmly. 

"Yes, because we are study buddies, and whatever happens, both of you might be paired up for group study sessions," the president told him.

"You like her, do you?" was the secretary's straightforward question.

Tae Kyung was taken aback, but then, he replied. "And what if I like her? What is it to you?"

"That's the point," Shin Woo said. "As you liking her has nothing to do with me, my business with Mi Nyu has nothing to do with you."

He walked away, but Tae Kyung grabbed the secretary by his arm. The look on Tae Kyung's eyes was...different.

"Omo, don't tell me, Hwang Tae Kyung has turned gay!"  He Yi thought mischievously.

"Shin Woo, don't you dare hurt Mi Nyu," Tae Kyung pleaded. "She is important to me."

"I will not hurt her," Shin Woo replied. "But not for your benefit."

"Mwo?" Tae Kyung asked, taken aback.

"She is also important to me," Shin Woo replied.

He swept the president's hand away and walked. He Yi hid well when Shin Woo passed by, and she heaved a silent sigh.

"Why are you hiding?" Tae Kyung's voice rang in her head.

When she turned around, Tae Kyung was standing a little inch behind her.

"Ah...jeogi...." He Yi tried to explain. "I was just passing by....and..."

"And you heard what was said?" he demanded.

"Ah...Anio!" was her lie.

He advanced forward to punish her, but she stepped back until she fell on the floor.

"Oppa," she crooned sweetly. "I did not hear anything, promise!"

He pursed his lips in anger before walking away.

"Huh! What is with that Mi Nyu that is not in me? Is she supposed to be more beautiful or more intelligent than I am?"

She stood up and swept the imaginary dirt away from her skirt.

"Just you wait, Pig Rabbit!" she vowed vengefully.