Principal Announcement

Only In My Dream

Wang-seonsaengnim collected the papers and told the class to be quite.

"You'll not have your computer class right after this because Principal Ahn is calling for all students in the basketball court," she said. "So, please stand up and go there silently."

The students screamed in delight, and some even shared high-fives. No class from Ma-seonsaengnim? That would be great!

"I said, be quiet!" Wang-ssaem said.

The students's noise died down as Tae Kyung instructed his classmates to file into a single line.

"What is he taking us for? Elementary students?" Jeremy whispered to Mi Nam.

"Why are you pestering me?" Mi Nam hissed back. "Are we friends?"

"Ne, we are since we are classmates," Jeremy said as he a dog stuffed toy hanging around his neck like a scarf.

"Ugh! Childish brat," Mi Nam scoffed.

Jeremy smiled at his classmate. "See? This Jolie scarf is really cute. Want something like this?"

"If it is coming from you, thanks, but no thanks," Mi Nam shot at him acidly.

Mi Nyu saw the stuffed toy and went to Jeremy, "Aww....it is sooo cute!"

Jeremy winked and smiled at Mi Nyu as he explained. "The stuffed toy looks like my real dog at home. They have the same names too."

"Ah? Your dog Jolie?"

And Jeremy nodded.

"Pig Rabbit!" Tae Kyung shot at her. "Why are you not in line?"

Mi Nyu bowed humbly as she fell in line. From the back part of the line, He Yi smiled acidly at the poor girl.

"Hmph! She better know where she stands!"

**********

The students in all the year levels in high school gathered at the covered basketball court. There was a podium in front, on top of the stage, and there were chairs at the sides. The class advisers of each class instructed his or her class to be seated. The floor of the court was shiny and clean, so it was all right.

Tae Kyung was instructed by Wang-ssaem (who was also their class adviser) to keep his classmates in order. He nodded and sat next to He Yi.

"Oppa, please sit closer to me," He Yi crooned.

"And why would I? Are you my girlfriend?" Tae Kyung shot at her.

"Mwo? Then, why did you sit next to me?" she asked.

"As if I have a choice!" Tae Kyung replied.

He pursed his lips angrily and looked at the stage, and He Yi scoffed at him angrily. Later, the principal of the school, Principal Ahn, walked to the podium of the stage.

"Good morning, students," he greeted.

"Good morning, Principal Ahn," the students greeted.

"As you know, you will not be having second-period class today," he started. "Because I have some important announcements."

He told them that this has something to do with the upcoming interschool band competition in Seoul. All major high schools had already signed up for the competition, Ahn Godeunghakgyo included. He wanted the students to support their school band, the AN Jell.

"Whohooo!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!" the students screamed.

Then, one student whispered to Tae Kyung.

"Tae Kyung-ah, do you want a bassist in the band?" he asked.

Tae Kyung realized that they don't have a bassist. But since he was the leader, he felt that his band was complete.

"Ani. We are complete, thank you," he said. "Wae?"

"Because if you are looking for a bassist, then I'm the man," the student asked.

Tae Kyung looked at the other student. He looked like a geek, and the band needed to have cool members.

"Ah, we will have an announcement just in case," he said politely, though he knew he should be rude.

The student did not persist as they continued listening to the principal. After the AN Jell announcement, he had other announcements which sent almost half of the crowd drowsy. The gathering lasted for almost two hours.

Finally, Tae Kyung instructed his classmates to fall in line so that they will be going back to the classroom. The principal went to him, and called the other band members.

"And, Go Mi Nyu, please follow us," the principal said.

The twins looked at each other before following.

"What does the principal want from me?" Mi Nyu asked her brother, who only shrugged.

Jeremy placed an arm around Mi Nyu and smiled. 

"Well, maybe the principal wanted to have her as a muse."

Tae Kyung swept his arm away and looked at Mi Nyu.

"Don't worry, arasseo?" he kindly told her before smiling.

The smile captivated her, and she felt her heart skipped a beat. 

"Gaja," the band leader told them before walking ahead.

The other band members walked, and Mi Nyu stood in place. A cold hand touched her bare arm.

"Gwaenchanha?"

She looked up to see Shin Woo.

"Ah, ye..."

Shin Woo smiled at her sadly before walking away.

"Why does he look so sad?" she thought to herself before going with them.

And three things ran inside her mind.

* As Korea is a cold country, she did not get it why their school was the most unique of all, with the girls' uniform being sleeveless, unlike in the other schools.

* Shin Woo looked sad.

* Tae Kyung's smile got to her.

The third thought preoccupied her, and she ended up smiling like an idiot.