Confused....

Only In My Dream

The next day, Mi Nyu went to the library to research for her assignment in Korean literature. She went to the bookshelf to get a book.

"How could I reach this? This book is unreachable..."

And a hand reached for a book she was trying to get.

"Hyungnim?" she asked.

He smiled at her and gave her the book.

"Do you need anything else?" he asked her.

His smile was so captivating, that she was not able to answer directly.

"Ya," he said.

"Uh? Ah....no, nothing," she replied.

The class president smiled back at her as he went back to his table. Mi Nyu wanted to join him, but she found out that He Yi and her friends were occupying the table behind Tae Kyung, and his circle of intelligent friends, paticularly the vice president of the class, were with Tae Kyung.

"I think I have to settle for somewhere..."

"Mi Nyu-ya!" someone whispered loudly.

To her surprise, it was Mi Nam. Thank God for twin brothers.

"Oppa, are you researching too?" she asked.

"Ne. Same goes with you, right?" he asked, and she nodded.

"ANNYEONG!!!!!" Jeremy greeted them.

The librarian called his attention, and he bowed in embarrassment. Then, he sat down near them.

"Ya, let me copy your assignments," he bribed the twins.

"Find your own answers," Shin Woo said as he sat beside Mi Nyu.

"Hyung, you gave me a fright!" Jeremy said in the British way.

"How about this? Let us research, then afterwards, let us share our learnings?" Shin Woo suggested.

"I suggest, that after practices, let us all stay in our house so that we could study together," Mi Nam said.

"Like, a group study or something? Forget it!" Jeremy said in dismay. "I easily get distracted!"

"In that case, why don't you study in MY room?" Mi Nam shot at him. "You will not be distracted."

"I'm cool with it," Shin Woo replied.

"Could we invite Hyungnim too?" Mi Nyu asked her oppa.

"We can....but...you see, he has his own set of friends," Mi Nam said.

"Don't worry, Mi Nyu-ya, if we study together, if you have me, you will get high scores!" Jeremy proposed happily.

Mi Nam poked his head and told him to shut up.

"OK, tonight, let us start," Mi Nam suggested.

"Eh? How about tomorrow?" Jeremy said. "I need to get back to the vet for Jolie."

"Arasseo...." Shin Woo said. "Totally fine with me."

*************

That afternoon, the band practiced till quarter to six, as Jeremy needed to get back to the vet. Mi Nyu also left the school late because she had been studying at the library. She received a text from Mi Nam to just go home by herself.

When she got out of the school campus, she met Shin Woo, walking out from the music room. She waved at him and waited for him to approach him.

"Wae?" he asked.

"Uhm, do you want to watch the sunset with me again?" she offered.

He looked up the sky, which was almost dark, with no signs of the setting sun.

"But the sun has gone down some minutes ago," he said.

"Well, how about watching the moon rise?" she asked.

"Johayo," he said with a smile.

The streetlights glowed nicely, and she could see the countenance of his face. Even in the dark, he still looked handsome.

"Gaja," he said.

*********

They went back to the jetty where they spent the time watching the moon rise and counting stars.

"If we could have a balcony at home, maybe I could spend the time watching the moon and the stars," she told him.

"Once we have the group study at your house, let's try star gazing," he said.

"That would be nice, Shin Woo-hyung," she gently told him.

She glanced at him, who stared at the stars with a solemn look on his face.

"What is this I am feeling? I think I really like him already...." she thought.

But she shook her thoughts away...

"Anio.... My only crush is Hyungnim...."

And she stopped.

"...But Shin Woo-hyung is much more kinder to me.... And I think I had really fallen for him.... Eotteokhaji?"

She held his wrist, and he looked at her.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Uh, is it all right if we study? Tonight?" she begged.

He nodded, agreeing that it would be a good idea.

"I want to bond with my guy best friend at your house," he said.

"No, no, not with Oppa," she clarified. "Just the two of us...."

He looked at her, and nodded.

"I am a good hyung to you right? So I'll do as you wish," he said.

Mi Nyu felt her chest tighten. Now what? She was very confused indeed. Hyungnim or Shin Woo-hyung?

"Gomawo...." she whispered as she hugged him tight.

He felt chills down his spine when her skin touched his. It felt too good to be true.

"Do you like spending time with me?" he asked.

"I think I do," she said. "Shin Woo-hyung is so comfortable. I want to be near you...."

He let out a smile. "Why do you want to be near me? How about your other savior, Tae Kyung?"

Her smile turned upside down as she looked at him. "Why Hyungnim all of a sudden?"

"We know he is your savior in the classroom whenever He Yi bullies you," he said.

"But it is always Shin Woo-hyung who was there for me most of the time, even if He Yi does not bother me," she said.

She tightened her hug as she confessed. "I just want to be near you...."

He let his guard down and asked her softly. "Wae?"

Then, Mi Nyu sang 'Because I Miss You'. After she was done, she noticed him staring at her.

"I really love your voice," he told her.

She was in a trance again, but Shin Woo broke it by announcing that they go to his house first to study together.

"Ah, anio....Let's just go to mine," Mi Nyu said. "After all, I invited you first."

And so, both of them went to the house, and Aunt Mi Ja was delighted to see her favorite boy back at home. He joined them for dinner.

*********

After dinner, Mi Nam came home surprised to see Shin Woo.

"I thought the agreement is still tomorrow," he said.

And Shin Woo had to explain that Mi Nyu wanted to study with him. Mi Nam smirked mischievously.

"Ah!!!! I won't disturb you, then," he said as he winked at his bestfriend. "I'd join you tomorrow."

The guitarist looked at his bestie entered the room, while he and Mi Nyu stayed in the living room. Of course, he was not allowed in her room. Both of them studied together for three hours, and he did some explanation. Good thing, his explanation was simple down to the bones that Mi Nyu found herself understanding the lesson.

"How did you and Mi Nam study and get accelerated to first section?" he asked.

She admitted that they just do memorization, and Shin Woo told her that it is not enough. They also needed dcritical thinking and creative thinking. He gave her tips on how to retain the information for easy retrieval.

"Ohhhhh.... you are amazing, Shin Woo-hyung...." she squealed.

And the ajumma, who watched them study, could not help but smile. They make a good couple. ♥♥♥♥