He Plays Shana, She Plays Yuji

Only In My Dream

After the movie date, Shin Woo took Mi Nyu to her house. Anyway, she went straight to her room to read the love letter that he wrote for her. She was giggling and smiling when she read his sweet notes, and mushy feelings and cute moments began playing in her mind.

Cute~....

Then a knock was heard.

"Please come in," Mi Nyu called out.

Came in Aunt Mi Ja.

"Mi Nyu-ya, if you don't mind, could you please go on an errand for me?" the ajumma asked weakly.

"Auntie, please sit down," she said as she motioned her aunt to sit down.

"I feel feverish, and I had not checked our medicine kit," the ajumma said. "Could you please go to the drugstore for me?"

"Ye," Mi Nyu said firmly.

The ajumma gave her money for the errand, and both of them exited the room, the elder to her room, and the younger, to go out of the house.

**********

Good thing, there was not too much customers at the drugstore, so Mi Nyu was able to buy some medications for her aunt. She also brought along some spare cash to buy other medicines that they need at home.

While walking, she passed by a bright alley with some guys (looking like college students) standing near a gate. Though the alley was bright, there were less people (well, the guys). Mi Nyu found it odd, because she had been passing that way many times, and there were lots of people usually. She did not mind the college students, but she realized that they were drunk.

Too late for her to run back, but maybe, not too late to save her own life.

"Hey, Missy, wanna have fun with us?" one student slurred as he grabbed Mi Nyu's wrist.

His other friends grabbed her too, and they brought her near the dark side of the alley.

"Help! Help!" Mi Nyu began to shout.

"Oh, but do you not want to have some fun with us?" the first guy said as he tried to touch her skirt.

"Please don't touch me...." Mi Nyu begged as she started to cry.

Being molested was something that she prayed would never happen to her at all. 

"Help! Help!" she shouted again.

"Shut up!" the second student said as he slapped her.

As the students hovered over her, someone spoke up.

"Having fun?"

The students looked at the guy, who had the body frame of a high school student. The guys laughed, knowing that they were much stronger than the stranger. But they could not be sure if he was really a high school student because the stranger was wearing a hoodie.

Mi Nyu recognized the voice.

"Jeremy?" she thought. "Jeremy came to rescue me!"

"Ya, if you wanna have fun, come and taste this Missy with us!"

"Tsh! Oh yeah?" the stranger taunted them.

The taunting got to the leader of the group, so he stood up and looked at the guy.

"You mocking us, huh?"

The stranger smirked.

"If you wanna mess up with someone," he said  huskily. "I'm your guy."

Then, the stranger jumped, landed on the wall, jumped again, flew to the leader, and gave him a flying kick. The other guys joined in the fight, but the stranger was stronger, as if he had been doing parkour stunts before.

"J...Jeremy...." Mi Nyu smiled happily that someone came to rescue her. 

Mi Nyu thought she had been watching a Jet Li movie because the guy was dexterous in using his arms and kicking all the college students, as if he had been also trained to fight many guys at a time. Then, the stranger landed in front of Mi Nyu and held out his hand for her to hold.

"Gaja," he instructed promptly, and Mi Nyu took his hand.

The stranger kicked all of the guys out of the way before jumping to the roof of a house. Then, when he was sure that the students collapsed to the ground, he jumped to the other side of the street to land on another almost dark alley with minimal light.

"Gwaenchanha?" the stranger asked as he pulled off his hood.

Mi Nyu looked at the stranger closely before replying...

"Shin Woo-hyung????" she asked in surprised.

They looked at each other in silence before Shin Woo caressed her hair.

"Why were you alone at night?" he gently asked, and she told her of the errand.

"I hope the medicine did not fall," she sobbed as she touched her pocket.

Good thing, the pack was still there.

"I'm glad you're all right," he crooned as he hugged her close to him.

Mi Nyu sobbed, being thankful that her namja saved her from harm.

"Gamsahamnida," she sobbed.

"I could not let anyone hurt or molest you," he said. "Never."

Then, he told her that he was also about to go to the drugstore when he saw her leave, so he followed her. Then, he noticed the college students, so he also followed them there. He did his best to fight for her, even if he was alone and they were so many.

"I never knew my soft-spoken Shin Woo-hyung had a lot of things behind him," Mi Nyu told him.

He let out a small laugh before asking. "Geurae? Like what?"

She told him about his 180-degree transformation, from the soft-spoken class secretary to the rock star in Kawada Mami's concert, and now, from the careful boyfriend to the kick- fighter.

"Oh, you still have a lot to know about me," he said. "I may seem like the intelligent type, but I play the electric guitar too, right? I also have a wild and bad side."

Mi Nyu looked at her namja, and she thought she could never see him the same way again. She began to idolize him as if he was much more talented than Tae Kyung.

"You're so cool...." she said as she wiped off her tears.

"Gomawo," he said as he helped her wipe off her tears. "I should take you home now."

She hugged him tight and allowed herself to be weak in his arms, and he allowed her to melt.

"Gaja," he whispered.

He jumped to the roof and from house to house (because this is a dream after all....), until they reached Aunt Mi Ja's house. As he put her down, she smiled sadly at him.

"I'm so glad that Shin Woo-hyung came," she said. "I don't know what would have happened...."

"Shh..shh..." he hushed her as he placed a finger against her lips. "Don't say anymore..."

She could tell that he was also thinking what she was thinking, and he did not like it. 

"I'll be here...." he said as he leaned forward to kiss her.

Mi Nyu felt warm and cozy when his soft lips touched hers, and she let herself drown in his kiss.

*******

Mi Nyu got in the house and went to the kitchen to grab some water for her aunt. When she got in the room, she saw her aunt lazily watching TV.

"Oh, what took you so long?" the ajumma asked. "And why are you sweating?"

Mi Nyu fidgetted, but her aunt needed to know the truth. And so, she told her aunt, who grew frantic and freaked out when she heard what had happened.

"What? You almost...." the ajumma said as she choked her tears. "Gwaenchanha?"

Mi Nyu nodded, telling her that Shin Woo came in time to rescue her. She thought it was Jeremy, but when the stranger pulled his hood, it was Shin Woo.

"I am glad you are safe...." the aunt said as she got up.

"What are you doing, Auntie? You are still sick!" the niece said. "You are still feverish."

"Gwaenchanha. The fever suddenly left me. I will kick their faces so that they will fly to Mars," the aunt furiously said. "Come with me!"

She grabbed her niece by the wrist and pulled her out of the house.

*****

Shin Woo was still there when the aunt and the niece came out.

"Oh, Shin Woo?" the ajumma asked in surprise.

"Annyeong haseyo...?" he politely greeted.

She gladly thanked him and showered him with hugs and kisses.

"Cheonmaneyo, Aunt Mi Ja," Shin Woo politely replied.

"Where are all those boys? Show me!"

The young man brought the aunt to the site where Mi Nyu almost got molested. To their surprise, the college students were beginning to wake up. All of them.

"So, are they the guys?" Aunt Mi Ja asked Shin Woo, and he nodded.

Mi Nyu hid behind her auntie's back, for fear that the college students would assault them. The students indeed saw her, and they taunted her.

"After your boyfriend kicked our butts, you are bringing your Eomma and spread lies?" the first student taunted Mi Nyu,

"Eomma? What eomma?" was Aunt Mi Ja's irate response.

The ajumma pulled out a red apron from the pocket of her jammies and folded it neatly, then wrapped it around her forehead. While it was folded, there was an emblem written in Hanja, and the students were all shocked to see the emblem.

"You don't know who I am?????" Aunt Mi Ja angrily asked.

Fear wrapped the being of all the students that they knelt and bowed at her.

"Joesonghamnida, joesonghamnida!!!!" they cried.

"You tried to molest my niece!" the ajumma angrily commented.

She advanced to them and stood tall.

"Please forgive us!" they begged.

But Aunt Mi Ja was unforgiving. She kicked all of them into the air, and she punched them until they flew to the sky and vanished like the way Team Rocket in Pokemon blasted off again.

"What was that?" Shin Woo asked in surprise.

Aunt Mi Ja wiped her hands and looked at her niece with a proud smile.

"Gwaenchanha?" she asked.

But Mi Nyu was too shocked that she fainted, and Shin Woo caught her in his arms. He looked helplessly at the ajumma, who was smiling from ear to ear.

"Myboy, only you and Mi Nam-ah know of me being a Yakuza descendant, right?" she said as she winked.

Shin Woo nodded blankly. He knew that Aunt Mi Ja was Korean, but she had descendants from her mother's side who are Japanese, and particularly, Yakuza. Aunt Mi Ja was a supposed to be the heir of a certain line, but she refused because she is Korean. But her great-grandfather still gave her the apron for her to use to protect the weak.

*******

Mi Nyu woke up from her dream, her heart racing.

"What was that?" she thought. "Aunt Mi Ja had...super powers?"

When she looked at her watch, it was still eleven-thirty at night.

"Why am I being plagued with all these dreams?" she pouted.

Then, she remembered the part wherein Shin Woo fought the college students single-handed. Blood began rising to her cheeks, and she felt herself warm and fuzzy.

"He saved me, in my dream.... I think I have really fallen for you, Shin Woo-hyung," she whispered to the picture.

Then, a Gokusen manga on her table caught her attention.

"Kyaaa???? The manhwa which I borrowed from Song-seonsaengnim..." Mi Nyu thought bitterly.

No wonder she had been dreaming of the Yakuza thing. It was because of the manga that the otaku doctor had her read.

"Sigh.... I wish I could go back to sleep without dreaming...."

Then, she went back to sleep.