Of Chocolates, Libraries, Red Roses, And Sunsets....

Only In My Dream

That afternoon, after their last class, Tae Kyung went to Mi Nyu and invited her for a study in the library. The twins looked at each other before the male twin nodded a go signal.

She followed the class president to the library, where he invited her to sit beside him. Butterflies began flying inside her stomach, and she felt so cool to be "dating" the hottest and the most intelligent guy in their section.

"Hyungnim, are you not going to have practices today?" she asked him.

"Ani. I told the guys we will be having a free time today after I punished you, Jeremy, and Mi Nam this morning," he benevolently replied.

Then, he asked her.

"And why are you calling me 'Hyungnim'?"

Mi Nyu suddenly realized she was in a dream. "Ah, because Mi Nam-oppa calls you as such, so I guess his habit had influenced me."

Tae Kyung pursed his lips. "Pig Rabbit, you should be calling me 'Oppa' or 'Tae Kyung-ah', not 'Hyungnim'."

"Just let me," she begged, and he hesitantly gave in.

As they were studying and he was discussing to her the lessons, the librarian passed them by. Since they were not noisy, she only let the students be. Later, Tae Kyung got someone from his pocket and gave it to her.

"Snickers?" she asked.

"For you," he said with a smile.

She felt she was floating on cloud 9 because he was being sweet, and he was giving her a chocolate bar.

"Why are you being kind to me, Hyungnim?" she asked.

"Because I like you," he said.

Mi Nyu felt giddy inside.

"I did not know what I was feeling, but eversince I tried defending you from He Yi, I found out I was doing it because I like you," he confessed.

Mi Nyu smiled, but she was afraid to tell her feelings because she was confused.

"I'm flattered...." she told him.

"So, shall we meet here every afternoon before the band practice?" he offered. "You know, to study together."

Mi Nyu's face fell.

"Joesonghamnida.... Mi Nam-oppa and I had an agreement with Jeremy and Shin Woo-hyung that we will have a group study at our house. Do you want to join?"

When Tae Kyung heard that Shin Woo was in it, he tried to decline, but then, he saw this was a great chance for competition.

"I'm in," he said.

"You can come with me today if you want," she said.

"Oh, today? Mianhae, Mi Nyu-ya, I have to visit a relative after this," he said.

"How about tomorrow after your band practices?" she asked him.

"I'm good," he said confidently.

They stayed there for another half-hour before Mi Nyu decided to go home.

***************

Mi Nyu passed by the jetty to watch the sunset, and to her surprise, she saw Shin Woo there, watching the sunset too.

"Shin Woo-hyung," she called out.

He turned to her and smiled.

"Why are you here?" she asked him.

"Just wanting to watch the sunset," he shared. "And you?"

"Same," she confessed. "I guess I could not help it anymore."

"Both of us have the same hobby now," he told her.

She stood next to him and told him that she invited Tae Kyung for the group study. He felt uncomfortable listening to it that he did not look at her.

"He will study with us tomorrow, though," she told him.

The chocolate bar was still in her pocket, so she got it and showed it to him.

"Hyungnim even gave me this one this afternoon," she said proudly. 

He looked at her with sad eyes. "He really is nice to you, while I am not."

"Oh, but you are really, really nice," Mi Nyu corrected him. "You are so kind to me."

He looked back at the setting sun. "Gomawo..."

She opened the choco bar and gave it to him.

"Let's share, but you eat first," was her instruction.

"Mwo?" he asked, trying to hold his laughter.

"Shin Woo-hyung, I seldom share my food," she .

He bit into the bar and ate his part.

"I'd say this is rather sweet," he told her. "I prefer my chocolate dark and bitter."

"Me too!" she sqealed. "If my chocolate is dark and bitter, I will not share it with you."

"Mean girl," he .

They shared the chocolate together until nothing was left. She went to the trash bin and threw the pack away. When she got back, she saw her hyung getting something out of his bag.

"What's that?"

He handed her a single red rose.

"Yeppueda...." she gasped in delight. "Gamsahamnida...."

He looked as she smelled the flower in that beautiful way of hers.

"You like it?" he asked.

"Ne. I really love red roses," she confessed. "And you are the first guy to give me flowers."

Shin Woo let out a demure smile. "I feel flattered...."

Mi Nyu smelled the flower and kissed the petals.

"Do you prefer a bouquet or a single rose?" he asked.

"I have not thought about it," she said thoughtfully. "But given that one, I'd choose the single rose, because a single rose means that I am the only one, and I am special."

He let out another smile again.

"How come you have a rose in your bag?" she asked. "Where you expecting that I'd pass by here?"

"Uh? Ah....ne, I was hoping you'd come back here..." he admitted.

Both of them watched the sun disappear from the sky while the stars began to shine.

"Why are you being sweet and kind to me, Shin Woo-hyung?" she asked.

He looked at her with a solemn expression on his face before replying.

"It's because, I just want you to forgive me for confessing to you in middle school," he told her. "With the hope that, if you forgive me, we will be friends again."

Mi Nyu felt her chest tighten since she was hoping to hear that he liked her again. But his answer was not something which she expected, and she got hurt.

"But... I had already forgiven you..." she said. "I would not be talking with you if I had not forgiven you..."

He hugged her and cried on her shoulders. "Does that mean we can start over again as friends?"

"Only friends?" she asked him in her mind.

Finally, he let go of his hug and looked at her. She felt drowning and lost in his eyes, and she felt she was going to pass when he leaned forward to her.

"Is he going to kiss me?" she asked herself as she closed her eyes shut.

And he did kiss her.

The kiss was lovely and innocent and soft, but she was too shocked to kiss back. Her head began to spin, thus making her even more confused. When he finished his kiss, she looked at him with a thousand and one questions in her eyes.

"I had already forgiven you for confessing to me," she told him. "Why did you kiss me?"

"Because I still like you," he confessed for the second time.

"Shin Woo-hyung...." she whispered.

"I don't expect you to answer me," he said. "The second confession is enough, and maybe, there will be nothing more in the future."

She felt sad at his revelation. Yet, she was thankful that he was not sorry that he kissed her.

"You are the first guy to kiss me," she admitted.

"I know," he said. "Otherwise, I will know from Mi Nam-ah who kissed you first."

Her heart felt like exploding, and she brought her fingers to her lips, feeling giddy and mushy.

"I love it," she told him softly.

"Mworagu?" he asked. "Mianhae, I did not hear what you say."

Literally, it was true.

"Uh, I said I need to go home," she lied.

"Oh, same here," he said. "I'll go to your house after dinner for our group study."

They held hands together as they went away from the jetty and into the bus station to go home.