Something In Between

Only In My Dream

After the sunset date, Shin Woo and Mi Nyu went to the movie house to catch the romantic comedy film that he had wanted to see. There, he went to the counter to have his movie pass processed for two, while she waited for him. And there, He Yi and Tae Kyung spotted them being together. Though she saw jealousy on Tae Kyung's eyes, she found herself not feeling jealous of He Yi. And when Shin Woo pulled her away, she felt her heart race to 100km/hr, or 140 beats per minute.

"Eotteokhaji? What's this? It's like, I like it that he pulled me away..." she thought.

*****

The movie started well, and throughout the whole movie, the crowd was laughing and falling in love with the developments of the characters as they fell in love with each other.

"Aww....so cute!" she squealed as the characters kissed innocently.

He smiled when she said that, and he remembered their first kiss. He reached out to hold her hand, and he felt her freeze at the sweet touch. He did not understand it either, but it looks like he was living in a lie, and that he did not believe in his belief of the 'nothing in between'.

"Shin Woo-hyung...." she thought. "Why is his hand so sweet? He still likes me! He still likes me!"

Screaming was not an option, as this will upset the people in the movie house. Good thing for them, they sat at the back part of the theater where less people or no people preferred to settle.

"Will he kiss me? Hug me?" she thought. "Love me? Am I really ready to have him as my namja?"

Shin Woo noticed that she was breathing heavily, and he grew worried.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked in concern.

She smiled at him and gave him a very happy look.

"Ye...ye...because you held my hand," she simply said.

They continued watching the movie, and he let her lean her head on his shoulder. She was not able to concentrate on the movie because her head was spinning round and round. She had fallen in love with him, and she wanted to be his girlfriend and accept him. It's just that, how will she tell him that she's ready?

He held her cheeks and it, but he found it warm.

"You're warm," he whispered. "Are you blushing?"

She could not answer nor deny it. He did not have to at all.

"Shin Woo-hyung...." she whispered.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Hug me...." she whispered.

But instead of hugging her, Shin Woo held her face in front of him and gave her a sweet and innocent kiss. He felt her face getting warmer and warmer every minute. He felt very guilty for breaking his belief, but he could not resist it. 

Friends don't kiss each other. But so what?

He heard her moan that he kissed her deeply, and she gave in. Good thing, there were not much people at the back, and no one was sitted in front of them. Otherwise, other people, especially ajummas, ajeosshis, halabeojis or halmeonis might scold them for public display of affection. 

The laughter of the people drowned the sound of kisses at the back, but Shin Woo did not take advantage of her. The kiss was broken when she broke apart and hugged him tight.

"I feel guilty," he confessed with a whisper.

"Waeyo?" she asked.

She did not want to hear more of his confessions, because she found it hard to breathe already. His kisses made her head spin faster.

"Coz I broke my belief....," he said. "And I kissed a friend passionately."

"There will be no more 'something in between', Shin Woo-hyung," she told him.

He grew sad that she preferred him as a friend after all. And that kissing a friend was absolutely wrong.

"Geureom, it is just friendship for us..." he sadly whispered.

"Anio," she whispered back. "Not even friendship..."

If there was no option for friendship, it means the opposite relationship.

"Then, we part as enemies?" he asked, confused. 

"Anio, not enemies, not strangers," she whispered.

He did not really understand what she wanted, and he looked into her eyes. He found longing, and he gave her the same look.

"Ask me again," she told him. "Please."

He knew what she meant.

"Do you...." he asked.

And in her, she kept on wishing.

"Please ask me, please!" 

"Do you...want to be my yeoja?" he asked.

Happiness lit up her eyes, and she replied.

"Ye.... ye...."

For the third confession, he finally got her positive answer, and he hugged her again--tightly.

"Saranghae..." he confessed.

It was no more 'like', but 'love'.

"Saranghaeyo, Shin Woo-hyung," Mi Nyu confessed too.

This time, his name was the sweetest thing ringing in her ears, and his name was the most beautiful name there was. 

"Mi Nyu-ya, gomawo..." he said.

And still, hugging her, he confessed. "You're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."

Not being able to contain his feelings anymore, he kissed her again, and she gave in. They stopped being all kisses when the movie reached 75% of the time, and they had their attention on the remaining 25% of the movie.

********

Finally, after the movie, the two of them went to a cute diner to eat dinner (and it was very late already) as the two of them were very, very hungry. They spent their first night as a teen couple eating Korean food and ice cream.

After the super late dinner, both of them decided to go. He accompanied her to her house, where they stopped at the gate.

"Thank you so much for the treat," she said.

"I should do that, right?" he . "You're my girlfriend, after all."

He leaned forward and kissed her again, and she reciprocated. Just then, the gate opened, and came out Mi Nam.

"O. M. G...." Mi Nam said in surprise.

"Oppa!" Mi Nyu consciously replied.

Shin Woo smiled at his best pal as he confidently held his arm around Mi Nyu, and he could see a surprised look on the keyboardist.

"Omo, don't tell me you're..." Mi Nam said as he pointed at them.

"She's my girlfriend now," he told him proudly and confidently.

Mi Nyu looked at her twin consciously, wondering if he'd get angry that she was dating his best friend. She really felt guilty.

"Wow!" Mi Nam exclaimed with a smile. "Chukhahae, Hyung!"

Mi Nyu smiled timidly as her twin punched Shin Woo playfully.

"So proud of you, Hyung!" Mi Nam said. "If both of you will get married, Shin Woo-hyung will remain my best friend forever!"

"Oppa!" Mi Nyu frowned cutely. 

"Oh, mianhae, Mi Nyu-ya. Oppa's imagination just ran wild with the marriage thing," Mi Nam told his twin.

He winked at the two as he got out of the gate to have a good time all his own, while the lovers look at the male twin walking away very happy and jumping for joy.

"This is one great weekend, right?" he told her, and she nodded.

He kissed her cheek, and she smiled at the sweet sensation she was feeling. After the kiss, he told her that he will call her the next day. Then, he look at her enter the gate before he went on his way.