Tae Kyung Gets Challenged

Only In My Dream

Indeed, the next day, the teachers had their meeting, while the students were made to get ready for the preparation of the musical. Many committees had been made, from the stage production to props to costumes. The musical instruments and songs were no problem, because the band was there. They need to coordinate with the production crew to synchronize the songs with the script.

Tae Kyung and the band gathered with all who had auditioned at the auditorium. Only the music teacher and Wang-ssaem did not join the meeting because the music teacher was the overall chairman and director of the musical, and Wang-ssaem was the head of the judges and the head of the wardrobe committee.

"Annyeong haseyo?" the music teacher said as he stood in fronf of the audience.

"Annyeong haseyo?" the students greeted.

The music teacher said his speech, and they had two months to prepare for the musical, which will be shown on Christmas Eve in school. He also thanked a lot of "sponsors", then gave the floor to Wang-ssaem.

"I'll be here to announce those who will be part of the musical," she said.

She started mentioning the names of all the students who will be part, and He Yi and Mi Nam were called. Tae Kyung was disappointed because he was not called, and he had been wanting to be part of the musical.

"I had been wanting to join," he mumbled.

"Ya! You're lying to us, Hyung!" Jeremy shot at him. "You said no one will join!"

The leader was too proud, so he rudely apologized.

"Gwaenchanha, we will at least be able to compose the music for the musical," Shin Woo said.

The leader shot back at him. "If I get sick and I get hospitalized, you compose the songs for them."

"You are too dramatic, Hyung!" Jeremy told him.

"Geurae! Since I am being dramatic, it is one reason why I decided to audition," Tae Kyung explained selfishly.

"Selfish Hyung!" Jeremy mumbled.

Wang-ssaem announced that those are the people who had been chosen, but they will hold another audition.

"As to the mechanics, you will know," the math teacher said. "For those who are not there, those who are not chosen, you and your other classmates can take part in the production."

"Ne," the students replied lousily.

Those who had been chosen were instructed to stay, while those who were not chosen were told to go back to the classroom. Even the band was told to stay to help with the judging.  

"All right, listen up," the music teacher announced. "The audition will be like this. I will throw a situation at one student, and he or she will come up with an impromptu script. Next, he will throw a question or something to the next student, as if they are having a conversation. Let the ball keep on rolling. If Person B was asked by Person A, do not throw the question back to Person A. Chain effect, you get what I mean?"

The students were confused, so he and the math teacher demonstrated.

"And after I say something, I throw a question at He Yi," Wang-ssaem said. "Then He Yi will throw a question to another student. The last student will throw the last question to the music teacher, who threw the situation in the first place. Arasseo?"

"Arasseoyo..." the students replied.

The music teacher started the audition. He had all the students stand on stage where they will showcase their talents.

"You are walking along the hallway, and then, you realized that you forgot your wallet in the classroom. But your classroom is in the third floor, but you are already in the first floor. Eotteokhaji?" he said. "What will you do, He Yi?"

He Yi was prepared for this, so she acted out like she was very frustrated.

"Eotteokhaji? My wallet! If I will not get it, someone will take advantage of my money!" she said. "Omo! My money! I need to go! I need to go! No matter how tiring it will  be, I will get it. And then, I got to the classroom, and, omo! I saw someone getting my wallet! Hold it right there, Mi Nam-ah!"

Mi Nam went to her, and he showed her an imaginary wallet. 

"You are too wrong to think that this is yours, He Yi-ya," he said. "The wallet is mine! See! My wallet was given to me by my godmother! Don't you think that I got your wallet. I have a witness! Can you help me defend myself, Sam Yeong-ah?"

And so, the other students did a follow-up of the story, and the final student told the second to the last student that he had thrown the wallet away because the wallet had taken the shape of a ragged doll, and it was useless.

"I have thrown the wallet away! Can I still find it, Seonsaengnim?" the last student asked.

"Very good," the music teacher said.

He had all the students go back to their seats so that he can announce who will get which role.

"I know all of you are qualified, and it is hard for us to choose," he said. "But Wang-ssaem and I tried to see who among the students convinced us the most with your acting. We also noticed the band and saw if they had been attentive to the audition."

"Huh?" Jeremy asked cluelessly. "So, our reactions were also criteria to the audition?"

The music teacher nodded.

"Before we announce the role of the students, I will tell you what the play will be about," he continued.

The title of the musical is "The Wish." This is about a bratty princess who got married to a doctor, who was one among the populace. He did not explain further, and thus instructed the math teacher to announce the names of the students and who get which role.

Wang-ssaem announced from the cameo roles, until only three students were left: He Yi, Mi Nam, and a first year student. He Yi smiled, since it means that she will do the female lead.

"He Yi will play the main protagonist of the story, Princess Chime," Wang-ssaem said.

The students, especially those who adored the fairy bully, clapped their hands hard.

"You deserve it, Seonbae!" the hoobaes cheered.

"Eonnie, you're the best!" the others said.

"Noona, you can do it!" the younger guys cheered.

He Yi flipped her hair mightily. Of course, the lead role was always meant for her.

Said the math teacher. "The following roles are left. Duke Giordanno Giovanetti, the antagonist, and Jerik, the beloved of Princess Chime."

Mi Nam and the first year student were all sweaty as they waited the result. Finally, the role of the duke went to...the first year student.

Mi Nam jumped for joy when he learned that he got the male lead. From his seat, Tae Kyung pursed his lips in anger. He was supposed to get the role so he could be with He Yi. 

"So, that's it for today," the math teacher said. "You can get back to the classrooms now."

The other students went back, while the music teacher approached the band. He handed the script to Tae Kyung, who got it with contempt.

"Don't take it hard, Tae Kyung-ah," the teacher said. "You know that I have trust in your musical abilities. So do not hate it if you did not get the lead role."

Trust in his musical abilities.

Tae Kyung let out a wicked smile.

That trust was enough to inflate his already inflated ego.

"Gamsahamnida, Seonsaengnim," he said with a bow.

******

Inside the classroom, Tae Kyung had a meeting with the band. Mi Nyu was now included because she had to play the keyboard in place of her twin. He showed the script to the band and made some announcements. As he was talking, Mi Nam and He Yi approached them.

"Ya, Mi Nam-ah," he called the male twin. "Can He Yi and I go back to your group study session every night?"

"Mwo?" He Yi, Mi Nam, and Jeremy asked in unison.

"Wae?" Mi Nam asked.

"I think it is rather good that we study again, and at the same time, get to be together with the leads of the musical," the band leader replied before looking at He Yi.

He Yi looked at Tae Kyung curiously. What was the meaning of that stare?

Mi Nam sensed something in the class president's voice. Even Shin Woo sensed something too. Tae Kyung's jealousy was shifted from him to Mi Nam. But as to what it was, he had no idea.

"Ya, Mi Nam-ah, He Yi-ya," the VP called out to them. "Wang-ssaem wants to talk to you."

The two leads went out of the room, and Tae Kyung and the band stated that they go to the music room to practice. Since the teachers had their practices, the students were left to do whatever they want for the musical. And for the band, all they had to do was compose songs.