Fifteen

My Girl Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Taeyeon's POV)

I keep munching on my food before i swallow it forcefully. I mean i already lost my appetite by now. It's been around 20 minutes since Tiffany left to meet Mrs Kang. And the break time is almost up. She's not in trouble, is she? Should i go and check on her? I think i s- Oh, she's back. But what's with that unreadable expression on her face?

"So everything is alright, Ny?" I was the first one who speak up even before Tiffany sit properly on her seat. Who can blame me? I'm so curious and worried here.

"Oh, yeah. It's just that.."

"Is it the scholarship you applied last month?" Jessica butted in.

"Yeah." Tiffany answered rather weakly. As if she herself didn't really sure how to answer the question. And scholarship? What scholarship?

"So...?" Yoona pried further. I bet i'm not the only one who got clueless here. Only God and those 3 girls know what's going on right now.

"I- i got accepted." Tiffany said with an awkward smile.

"Congrats Tiffy!!" Yoona and Jessica got up from their seat to run toward Tiffany and engulfed her in a tight group hug. Me and my friends were eyeing them in confusion. Soojung too.

"Uh girls, mind to share your happiness?" Sunny voiced out our thought.

"Ah sorry, unnies. We just got too excited. So Tiffany was applying a scholarship to one of college in US, and i guessed Mrs Kang wanted to see her because of that. And i was right! She got accepted!" Yoona explained with a big grin on her face.

"What?" My small voice muffled by the loud cheering came from my friends. They are all congratulating Tiffany while i in the other hand, really don't know what to do. Scholarship? In US? It means she will leave Korea and go to US? When will she leave? Why she didn't tell me about this? I know, i know i didn't have any right to asking that to her. I'm just her friend, and she has any right to tell me or tell me not about this. But i thought we're close enough to at least able to comfortably share anything with each other. Yoona and Jessica know it. It wouldn't hurt to add one more person to know this 'good' news, would it? And yes, that one person should be me. I'm hurt, Ny. But still, i try my best to put up a smile, trying to look happy for her just like the others do. That's what friends supposed to do right? Be happy when their friends are happy.

"Congrats." Once again i flashed her my fake smile before i gather my things, ready to excuse myself.

"Guys, i'm going to the restroom, kay? See you guys in class." Without waiting for any reply, i take a quick steps, trying to be as far as possible from Tiffany right now.

I know sooner or later we will get separate. But i thought that day won't come this soon. I thought we still have some more times left to spend together. I thought i'll be the one who be the bad guy and leave her, not the other way around. It's true that i have prepare myself for the goodbye, but when i really have to face it, it hurts still.

"Unnie!" I heard a very familiar voice calling out for me but i pretend as if i didn't hear it and quicken my pace instead.

"Taeyeon unnie!" Damn, she is fast. She holds my arm and stopping me from walking any further.

"What?" I asked while still refuse to look at her. And my voice, its sounded colder that what i intended to. But i don't have time to feel any remorse for now.

"Unnie.." her voice cracked as if she's holding back her tears. With that thought i slowly turn my back to face her.

"What Ny?" This time my voice is way softer than before.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"For what?"

"I don't know. But i feel like i have to apologize."

"..."

"Are you mad at me?"

"I don't know." I honestly admitted.

"Unniee.."

"Look, i need to go to toilet now. And the bell will ring anytime soon. You should go back to your class now if you don't want to get reprimanded for being late. We'll talk later." With that i softly pull my hand out of her firm grasp while trying to ignore the sad look in her eyes and walk away. I'm sorry too, Ny.

**********

 

"C-can we talk, unnie?" Tiffany was surprising me by waiting for me in front of my class once the school time over. And how can i avoid her when she was there, standing right in front of me, literally blocking the way out.

"Sure." With that i walked passed her and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter