Fear and Jealousy

Best Thing I've Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What’s wrong with you Ji? You look stupid,” Sooyoung said as she sipped her tea. In one Saturday morning, she was sitting on a couch inside Jiyong’s new boutique—which was perfect (at least, for her). The furniture’s and the rooms were many shades of brown, red and broken white giving a strong Victorian atmosphere in it. A big black chandelier was placed in the middle of the store, comfortable brown leather chairs were placed in every corner of the store, and there were big mirrors everywhere. Jiyong really know how to make his customers satisfied when they shop at his boutique—considering that he was a loyal customer at many stores, he really knows what the customers need when they go shopping.

Jiyong ignored her as he keep walking back and forth. Sooyoung shook her head. “Don’t make my visit today go to waste, Ji! I should be sleeping right now—my preference is in Dae’s embrace, not sitting here with the very anxious Kwon Jiyong!”

Jiyong didn’t respond toward Sooyoung’s words. Instead, he checked on his cellphone every 2-3 minutes, hoping it would beeping and show him what he want to see since an hour ago.

“YAH! KWON JIYONG!” Sooyoung really shouted this time. Jiyong stopped walking and turn his head to her. He didn’t talk, only took a quick glance at her then return his gaze to the cellphone in his grip. “You look like an complete idiot like Seunghyun, Ji,” Jiyong sat on a couch placed across the couch where Sooyoung sitting at. His gaze didn’t move from cellphone, not even an inch. “What happened to you?”

“Nothing.” Jiyong avoided the question while Sooyoung kept staring at him with a death glare. “Okay, I surrender! I asked Jessica out!” Jiyong finally told her. Sooyoung could hear sign of desperation in his voice.

“WHAT? HOW COME, KWON JIYONG? Aigoo, you’ve became a brave and gentleman lately, haven’t you? Where’s the coward Jiyong I used to know?” Sooyoung’s eyes widened in a shock. Ever since she knew Jiyong—that means she was in grade 1, Jiyong in grade 2, Seunghyun in grade 3, she always knew him as a type in front of the girls he really like—that’s why he has been a good friend of Jessica for years, not moving into lovers.  But that’s a different matter with TONS of his fans. He was different in front of them. “Who is the great one who made you to asked her out? I have to thank him or her for doing so!”

Jiyong’s cheek reddened. He always knew he’s actually a quite shy type, but he never expect that his action this time will cause such a great reaction from Sooyoung. “It was Yoona who persuaded me.”

“Yoona? Woaaah, she got great talking skill for sure!” Sooyoung joked. Jiyong always be a stubborn man—Seunghyun was one also—and if there was a man could persuaded any of them, they must be a really good talker. “I don’t believe that there was a great personality and amazing skills hidden in her small body of hers! No wonder Seunghyun like her since their first meeting…” Sooyoung laughed, Jiyong also laugh along with her. The mood was loosened and they began to chat like usual—Jiyong wasn’t that anxious anymore.

Suddenly, Jiyong’s cellphone bipped once, signaling there was a new message. Jiyong stopped talking and took his cellphone real fast.

 

To : Jiyong

From : Jessica

 

Sure! How about at La Codefin tonight? 8 o’clock sharp. Don’t be late, Ji-oppa! ;)

PS : I love seeing man in nice clothes. See you tonight!

 

- Jessica

 

A wide smile grew instantly on Jiyong’s face. Sooyong only smiled as she guessing what Jessica’s reaction was. Seeing her step-cousin’s wide smile, she was also happy for him.

“Good response, huh?”

Jiyong only nod and his fingers and thumbs started to moving on his smartphone keypad. He texted Yoona who made her to do this in the first place.

 

To : Yoona the witch

From : Jiyong

 

YAAAH YOONA-AH! I’ll be going out with her tonight! :)

Come to our place this afternoon, help me pick something to wear, please?

PS : Thankyou for persuading me to asked her out ^_^

 

- Jiyong

 

Jiyong sent the message as he began discussed his business with Sooyoung that morning. A beep sound from his cellphone stopped their discussion.

 

To : Jiyong

From : Yoona the witch

 

OMO! Congratulation, oppa! You’re a FREAK fashionista already, so why you need my help?

But sure, I’ll come to your place this afternoon.

PS : You owe me a HUGE pan of Hawaiian pizza, Ji-oppa!

 

- Yoona

 

As Jiyong read Yoona’s reply, his smile slowly grew. Now, he really does know why Seunghyun like Yoona in the first place. He does.

xxx

Yoona arrived in Choi mansion around 5 p.m., and being welcomed with anxious Jiyong and smiling Sooyoung at the living room. Yoona also saw Seunghyun’s porche parked nicely in front of the mansion’s porch, not in the garage—a sign that he may be just came home or would be leaving soon. Yoona could care less. Her visit today is to help Jiyong, not to visit Seunghyun—but she was secretly hoping that she would meet him too though.

“Yoona!” Sooyoung jumped out and rand towards her. Yoona smiled as she saw Sooyoung’s cheerful greeting.

“Sooyoung-ie!” Yoona hugged her and they began to chat. A loud and meaningless one—at least for Jiyong. He means it. How come a chit chat about brand new cosmetics, nail polish, and sale at Victoria’s Secret became meaningful for Jiyong? He may be a fashionista, but he wasn’t ‘that’ metroual to know brand new cosmetics nail polish, AND BRA for heaven’s damn sake!

“Yah! Sooyoung! Yoona!”

Sooyoung and Yoona ignored him and kept talking with each other. Now, they’ve seaten on the living room’s big Victorian sofa. A maid came in and put glasses of ice coffee on the coffee table and left with quick steps. “YAH!” Jiyong shouted this time—try to get their attention.

Sooyoung turned her head and faced Jiyong. She had annoyed face on and Yoona looked disturbed as well. “Kwon Jiyong! How dare you disturb women’s chattering!”

Jiyong shook his head and let a tsk sound escaped from his mouth. “Aigoo! Come on, I’m the one who asked Yoona to help me pick something presentable for tonight! Why did you monopolizing her by yourself? We’ve been sitting here for almost 15 minutes for God’s sake, and you’re still talking about Victoria’s Secret sale!”

Yoona chuckled and Sooyoung shook her head in dissaproval. She also moved her index finger fastly. “You’re a fashionista already, Ji. Why you don’t pick something by yourself?” Yoona also nod her head fastly, supporting Sooyoung. “She’s right, oppa! Why don’t you pick something by yourself and let me have girls talk with Sooyoung peacefully?”

A desperate face glued on Jiyong’s handsome face in an instant. “I just can’t! I know I’m a God-like-fashionista,” Jiyong puffed out his chest, really proud of the fact that everyone was aware of. “But I can’t find something good to wear, really. Sooyoung’s taste will lead me to a doraemon costume that Daesung likes to wear, but I’m better than him!”

“Ask Seunghyun to help you!” Yoona suggested, but only welcomed with Jiyong refusal.

“Don’t wanna! Seunghyun-hyung’s fashion preference will make me look like a erted old man. I don’t want Sica sees me as an old man when I just turned 25 this year!”

“YAH KWON JIYONG! What are you talking about?” Suddenly, Seunghyun appeared from the second floor, he was walking down the stairs. He wore grey long sleeve shirt—he rolled up the sleeve until it reach his elbows, black denim jeans and loafer. He also brought a dark grey patterned blazer in his hand.

“Look! He looks like a erted old man! There’s no way that I woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter