Unforgettable Nightmares

Best Thing I've Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note : Play Big Bang's Haru Haru and Love Song for a better effect!

xxx

Seunghyun rode his big van on Seoul’s roads. Van wasn’t (and never will be) his favourite car, but what will you do if that’s the only car remain at home? Taking taxi would be more troublesome.

Sooyoung who was busy ate her ddokbuki looked at Seunghyun suspiciously. She has never seen Seunghyun this serious—Sooyoung mean this, he was REALLY serious, behind the wheel. “Hey Bingu-ah, what’s wrong with you? You’ve never drove this serious before in front of me,” Seunghyun was still quite. His eagle eyes were concentrating on the road.

“Little girl, you have know that I can’t drive like the old times, right? I’ve never drive while making a call, eating or anything that can distract me.” Seunghyun looked Sooyoung with a playful smile. Sooyoung saw it differently though. She felt that the smile was so…sad.

If Sooyoung’s nickname from Seunghyun is Little Girl, than Seunghyun’s nickname  from her is Bingu. He is so damn playful and a truly prankster. But he was more playful back then. Before that tragic accident happened.

“Stop it!”

“Okay, Mistress.” Seunghyun bowed politely, acted like she was the mistress and he was the servant. Sooyoung laughed for a moment, but then, silence were all over.

“Seunghyun… have you moved on from her?” Sooyoung broke the moment of comfortable silence that she always liked. Seunghyun shook his head slowly, his eyes focused on the road. “She may not in this world again, Sooyoung. But she will remain in my heart.”

Sooyoung shook her head, confused. She knew how a lively-womanizer Seunghyun changed drastically like this. And she also knew who was the woman who could change his cousin this far.

“Is it this the impact of Bom’s presence in your life?”

“Yes, it is a great impact, isn’t it? Her presence for a year and half could change me for years like this,” Seunghyun grinned by himself, without looking to Sooyoung. Seunghyun turn the car to a big road and stopped his car in front of a big apartement which looks luxurious. “We’ve arrived. Just go, it is night already.”

“Do you want to pay uncle and aunt a visit? Your favourite little cousin Minhwan also miss you, you know?”

“Nope, it’s midnight already and I really need rest. Send my greetings to uncle, aunt and Minhwan.” Seunghyun turned his face, so he faced Sooyoung. “And tell Minhwan that me, Siwon-hyung and Jiyong wait his soccer challenge again!”

Sooyoung smiled and got out of the car. Seunghyun turned down the window car and grinning, “Good night.”

“Nite.”

“Thank you for buying me these cameras. I have to started over all over again, with a the same feeling and passion that I used to have 2 years ago.”

“Sure, Bingu-ah.”

Seunghyun pressed the button and the window was going up again and he immediately started his car engine. Sooyoung still stood there, waiting until Seunghyun’s car disappear. When her eyes couldn’t see his car again, Sooyoung walked in and enter the apartement.

“Is it that hard to move on from Park Bom-sshi, Seunghyun-ah?”

xxx

Roads in Seoul was chaotic, as always. Not so chaotic, but enough to make Seunghyun dozing off about 2 years ago when the car stopped at a traffic light or when traffic strucked his car.

He tried so hard to concentrating on the road, and slowly, he gain his concentration again. He doesn’t want 2 years ago accident happen again.

Yes, 2 years ago, Novermber 4th to be exact, it was Seunghyun’s birthday and the day when Park Bom—Seunghyun’s girlfriend, passed away. Seunghyun’s girlfriend that really different from Seunghyun’s past girlfriends. Bom doesn’t go to club, she doesn’t drink alcohol, and Seunghyun 100% sure that Bom doesn’t smoke—or either trying to smoke!

Seunghyun knew that Bom is different. Bom also knew that she was from another world—not the same one like Seunghyun. Their meeting was an ordinary one, they met in a politic class when both of them were freshmen in a post-graduate program. And their conversation—their debate to be exact—started from a case that both of them couldn’t solve.

And yes, since then they were so close to each other. Hard to be separated even.

Seunghyun once believed that Bom is half of his soul which God created separated from him. Seunghyun once believed that Bom will be his future until their hairs turn white, while seeing their grandchildren playing in their house. Because of Bom’s behavior and mindset, Seunghyun become a better person, physically and mentally. Seunghyun also once believed that nothing can separate them beside death. Oh, Seunghyun got the last point right.

xxx

On November 4th 2 years ago…

“Happy birthday, Seunghyun!”

Seunghyun opened his eyes, seeing Bom sat in front of him, holding tiramisu with 23 small candles on top, while singing happy birthday with her beautiful voice. Seunghyun can’t held his smile and got up.

“Make a wish, Seunghyun-ah.”

Seunghyun closed his eyes while smiling, wishpering his wishes and blew the candles. “Happy 23rd birthday, Seung…” before Bom could finished her sentence, Seunghyun locked her pinkish-strawberry-lip-gloss-flavored with his.

“Thankyou, Bom-ah.”

Bom placed the tiramisu in Seunghyun’s desk which was full with books and many things, then she hugged him who spread both of his hands, waiting for Bom’s hug. In her hand, there was a glass of Seunghyun’s favourite coffee, Americano. “What is your wish, Seunghyun?”

“I wished for a tiramisu and Americano when I open my eyes. I also wish for Park Bom. Thankfully, God give me my wishes immediately.” Seunghyun embraced Bom and drank his Americano.

“Be serious, Seunghyun-ah!”

“I’m damn serious, jagiya.” Seunghyun stood up—releasing his embrace, sipped his coffee again and opened his drawer, looking for shirt and pants to wear. Bom also stood up, took Seunghyun’s SLR from its bag and sat on the edge of bed.

“I’m gonna take a shower for a while, you can wait here.”

“Hmm…” Bom browsed Seunhyun’s SLR, mesmerized with her boyfriend’s photo. Maybe Seunghyun wasn’t a professional, but his photo always make Bom amazed by herself. Sometime, she was being amazed by its colour, its texture, its lightning or the objects.

“What are you doing?”

15 minutes later, Seunghyun got out from bathroom while drying his wet hair. Bom’s face was held up, her eyes met his charismatic eyes, a wide grin plestered in her beauty face. “Looking through your SLR. Seunghyun-ah, this model is a very beautiful one, right? You have many photos of her,” she swung his SLR. On the screen, displayed a photo of Bom when she smiling happily. “Most of them are candid, though. I don’t know that you obsessed with this girl.”

Bom happily ran out of the room, still holding Seunghyun’s SLR and laughed by herself. “Jagiya! Give me back my SLR!” Seunghyun ran out of the room, chased Bom who could spread photos in his SLR to facebook or me2day and write many weird caption for those photo—his girlfriend is known to have a weird-yet-cute side in her. Seunghyun still want to known as a cool guy in college, not known as a teasing matter in college!

xxx

“Where will you take me, Seunghyun-ah? You’re the one who celebrate your birthday, but why I am the one who get surprises?” Bom sat on passanger seat on Seunghyun’s Red Ferrari Spider 360, Seunghyun’s favourite car which always used to be driven in his racings. “Don’t you dare to take me to your racing, otherwise, be prepared for not talking to me for 1 month ahead!” Bom threatened him, jokingly of course. How could she do that to Seunghyun?

But she mean it too. She scared, actually. Especially when she realized that she rode Seunghyun’s luxurious and super fast (and super expensive also) favourite car. Usually, Seunghyun take her everywhere with Jiyong’s Mercedes—Jiyong is Seunghyun step brother. Jiyong’s mother is married with Seunghyun and Siwon’s father when all of them were little kids.

“Of course not, I won’t take you to my racing. I have stopped, by the way.” Seunghyun opened car’s window, took out cigarette and opened the car asthray. “Can I smoke?”

Bom  only nodded. She has gotten used to Seunghyun smoking habit. Maybe she could stop Seunghyun’s other habit like racing, clubbing, and clearly reducing his alcohol consumption, but she always failed when it comes to stopping his smoking habit.

“By the way, thank you very very very damn much for the presents, jagiya. I really love it.” Seunghyun took a glance to red camera bag which was placed next to her legs. Also to a Ray Ban aviator sunglasses on his car dashboard.

Bom tapped Seunghyun’s shoulder lightly and giggled. “Your welcome, Seunghyun-ah. Thank you for the anniversary gift. You’re the one who should receiving presents, but I also get presents.” Bom showing off her ring with her name initial formed by tiny diamond. “And I’m 100% sure that your present is a looooooooot more expensive than mine. Sorry.”

“Hey, what are you talking about, jagiya? I can guarantee that this ring wasn’t expensive.” Seunghyun laughed, inhaled the smoke of cigarette and exha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter