Hard Way

Best Thing I've Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And you're going with me.” Seunghyun stated his final decision. He didn’t want any argument from Yoona. If she could be stubborn by didn’t want to hear explanation in a good way, he would turtore her a little bit and forced her to hear his explanation in a hard way.

Yoona’s eyes buldged out. Imagining herself ride on a regular motorcycle was threatening enough, but Seunghyun’s was Harley Davidson! This couldn’t be true. There was no way she could ride that biggie thing! “NO! You already knew I couldn’t ride one! I’m scared of riding this thing!” She pointed at the Harley. He chuckled and shook his head.

“Nope nope. We’re going with this baby, Yoong,” Seunghyun hop on it and started its machine. He extended his hand, offering help. “Let's go.”

“No.” Yoona folded her arms on her chest. Lips pouting, head turned away. She looked like her students who was mad because someone stole their lollipops away.

“I already said so,” Seunghyun insisted. He got up again, and walked to her. Suddenly, there were 2 strong arms that carried Yoona in the air. “SEUNGHYUN! LET ME GO!”

“NO!” Seunghyun placed her on the back seat of his ‘baby’, and he hop on the front quickly. He immediately started the machine and went away with Yoona behind him. He knew Yoona couldn’t ride a motorcycle, so he decided to punish her a little for her stubbornness earlier.

“Hold tight,” Seunghyun said. Yoona humphed and turned her away. Seunghyun peeked from the corner of his eyes, and chuckling lightly. “Here we go.”

Seunghyun fastened his Harley’s speed to the maximum speed allowed. Of course, it didn’t matter that much to Seunghyun, but for Yoona, it was a lot of different. “SEUNGHYUN!!!!”

She screamed her lungs out as wind blew her face harshly. Seunghyun only smiled behind his helmet and kept ride the motorcycle at constant speed, not speeding up nor slowing down. Without realizing herself, Yoona wrapped her arms around Seunghyun’s waist tightly. His smile spreaded even wider than before.

“Hold tighter, Yoona-ah!” Seunghyun screamed. This time, Yoona immediately followed his instruction. Her grip on his waist tightened, as he began speeding again in the freeway. They roamed around for half hour, and the time Yoona had wished for finally came, Seunghyun slowing down his Harley. Then, he stopped at one big building and opened his helmet.

“It’s me,” Seunghyun said. The security in front of the gates immediately gave him a bow, took his helmet from his hands and opened the gate. Seunghyun began ride his motorcycle again and passed the gate. The employees around them immediately stop their activities and bow to him. He slowing down his Harley even more, and slightly nod to them. Yoona who was watching this became more curious… who is Seunghyun? What is his position in this company?

Finally, Seunghyun stopped his Harley. He got up and opened Yoona’s helmet. “We are here.”

“Where are we?” Yoona went down from the motorcycle, but her legs were woobly. She hates riding on motorcycle, and hate it even more if it was a big one. Seunghyun who noticed her woobly legs, gave her a help by wrapping his hand around his waist. “We’re at Choi Corporation Building.”

Yoona furrowed her eyebrows. She had no idea what Choi Corporation is. And the most important thing, she had no idea what they would do there. “For?”

Seunghyun didn’t answer her question. He just walked to the building, holding Yoona’s waist, and as they walked, more people gave the more bow than before. Seunghyun gave them a slight nod like before. When they entered the building, bunch of men lined up next to the gate and bow politely to them. When they passed those bunch of men, there was a man who followed them behind and then pressed elevator button for them.

“Yah, Choi Seunghyun! Answer me! Where are we?”

Seunghyun sighed. He had decided that he would explain everything to her, and revealing his family business may be the first step of his decision. “We are at Choi Corporation Building,  a corporation run in car manufacturing which was managed and owned by Choi family for 3 generations.” The elevator opened, and again, people bow at them before they walked out of the elevator. When the elevator was empty already, they stepped in the elevator, leaving the man behind.

“Choi… do you mean…”

“Yes Yoona. That’s my family.” Seunghyun sighed deeply. Yoona’s eyes buldged out at the sudden news. Yoona always knew that Seunghyun’s family was rich and somehow powerful, but she didn’t expect they would be THIS RICH. “Why… why you didn’t tell me?”

Seunghyun remained silent. Then, the elevator stopped at the 33rd floor and opened its door. Seunghyun got out from the elevator, Yoona followed him behind. She was still shocked at the truth. Suddenly, he stopped at the hallway, waiting for her to catching up. He knew, she must be mad at him for got telling her the truth earlier, but he also knew, knowing the truth so sudden must be a great shock for her.

“Welcome back, Seunghyun-ssi. Can I help you?” A beautiful woman wrapped in chic blazer and matching skirt stood up and gave them a bow. She was in her early 30s and looked really beautiful. She also looked so professional. Unlike those y secretary Yoona see in those dramas and films.

Seunghyun shook his head and smiled. “No thank you, Hyorin-ssi. Is Siwon-hyung in his office?” The woman nodded and put another smile. Seunghyun just passed her, while Yoona gave her a bow and a polite smile.

They walked in the hallway side by side. Yoona was admiring everything in this office. The size—this office was so HUGE!, the interior—she really loves how the designer designed this office as an urban themed building, not the ordinary one, the people and their politeness, everything! They walked until they reached a big glass automatic door with a fingerprint scan next to it. Seunghyun put his finger on it and the door opened widely for them.

“This is my office room,” Seunghyun said. Ever since he told her that his family was the one who run and owned Choi Corporation, he hasn’t looked at her again. His eyes were straight to the front.

And Yoona really have to say… his office was amazing! The wall was combination of light grey and dark grey, there were several contemporer paintings on the wall. The floor was white marble, and there was a big black chandelier hung on the ceiling. The interior were black—sofas, chairs, desk, and bookshelfs. The books arranged nicely in order of colour, and she could see a glass cabinet full of cameras.

“Wow… your office is.. amazing.” Yoona couldn’t help but expressing her amazement at his office. Seunghyun smiled. “Thanks.”

And they sat on the sofas. Awkward silent surrounded them. They really didn’t know what to do. Yoona’s curse and question for Seunghyun just floating back to the sky, and Seunghyun’s scolding also dissapeared to the thin air.

"So...." Seunghyun leaned his back on the sofa. He has decided that he would be the one who was taking the next step, since he was the one who took first step by brought her to Choi Corporation Building. He scratched his neck. "You must be mad at me."

"I do." She didn't look at him. His eyes slowly rolled up. "You can be mad at me, but you really have to listen to me."

"Then go." Yoona replied coldly. She was really mad at him. But her feelings were.... so mixed up. She really didn't know what was her feeling.

Seunghyun exhaled deeply before he started his explanation. 'This would be a long talk...'

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier about me, Yoona-ah." Seunghyun took a second to look at Yoona before he continued. "I was waiting for the right time." Yoona didn't respond him. But he knew, she was listening to him. "But before I explained about Bom, I should tell you about me first."

'Yeah, tell me. You have no idea how frustated I am with your real identity.'She shouted in her mind. Seunghyun looked at her, looked confused like she was, but both of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter