Confessions

Best Thing I've Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are we going?”

Yoona looked at Seunghyun who drove quietly. He didn’t say a single word since he dragged her out of the after party just before.

“You’ll know later.”

That was what Seunghyun said. Then, she got quiet, didn’t know what to say again. Those careless remarks earlier made them facing a really awkward situation. Sure, that was something unavoidable, but she didn’t know it will be this…awkward.

Seunghyun’s all-time-favourite Porsche reached a full stop. Without saying any words, he got out from the car, jogged to her side of the car and opened the door.

‘A gentleman as always,’ Yoona thought as she got out from the car. Then, she looked up to the building in front of her, and her eyes immediately widened in shock.

“KnockedOut?”

“Hmm.”

They walked side by side, not bothering to linking or holding their hands together. Without anyone’s request nor demand, they walked involuntarily to the place where they first met. The place where Seunghyun helped the very wasted Yoona from a badass drunk man named Lee Hongki.

“Seunghyun-ie! Yoona-ah!” and as usual, Hyunjoo always be there wherever they go to KnockedOut, at the same place, at the same corner. “It’s been a long time since your last visit!”

Seunghyun laughed, as he took his seat in front of Hyunjoo. “Nah, I’ve been busy these past months, hyung.” He took a glance at Yoona who sat next to him on the bar stool.

“Get me the usual, and for Yoona…” Seunghyun looked at Yoona. He was kinda curious, what kind of drink she would chose now? Would she chose champagne cocktail, her favourite years ago?

“Tequila for me then, oppa.” Yoona said with a sweet smile of hers. Hyunjoo nodded and made their order.

“Hey,” Seunghyun started off. Yoona looked at him, seemed expecting what he would to say next. “I’m sorry for what happened earlier. Can't stop their blabbering mouth even for a second.”

Yoona smiled. “Don’t worry. I don’t take everything to heart.”

“Are you sure?”

“Hundred percent. Just forget about it and catching up some news, shall we?” Oh God, Yoona felt being slapped right in the face. Her words and her hearts were saying different things in the same time.

And an idea popped into her mind. A really great idea.

She already found a way to slap herself.

And it was to get drunk. Because she never like being drunk and the hangover that following after.

“But…” before Seunghyun could speak another word, Hyunjoo came to them and handed them their order. “A tequila for Yoona, and a zombie for Seunghyun.”

Yoona muttered a quite thanks before she drank her drink. Seunghyun did the same, but he promised himself that he wouldn’t get drunk tonight. Somehow—eventhough he didn’t know why, he had to promise himself.

“I don’t take those to heart, Seunghyun…” Yoona drank her remaining tequila, but she felt everything seemed funny now. “But I heard their incoherent words clearly. And for that, I’m sorry.”

“Sorry?” Seunghyun furrowed his eyebrow. He didn’t get it.

“Yeah, I’m sorry.” Yoona raised her glass—she was tipsy, and giggling quietly. “Hyunjoo-oppa! Give me 2 more shots!”

“For what?” Seunghyun asked. He turned around, so he completely faced her, while she sat on her stool, leaning her hand on the bar table, her chin rested on her palm. Her hand swung the empty glass she had before.

“For making you suffer, Seunghyun.” This time, Yoona turned her head to Seunghyun, facing him. Her eyes looked straightly to his. There, she could see Seunghyun was trying to digging everything he could find in her eyes. Anything. And she was sure, he could dig her longing, love, hatred, confusions from her eyes only.

Being drunk, Yoona felt like a opened book. Seunghyun could see every emotion she had clearly, without any help of eyeglasses nor everything. But she didn’t care though.

“It was hard,” Seunghyun didn’t leave his eyes from Yoona. “But I managed to survive. Just like you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter