Accident...again

Best Thing I've Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a peaceful day for Yoona. There wasn’t any call or message from Seunghyun since this morning. Usually, he would sent her a message in 2 or 3 hour. Or called her when the kids have their break time. Those were disturbing and irritating for her.

“Aigoo! Seonsaengnim, why are you so happy?” A girl with pony tail and chubby pinky cheeks poked her. Yoona was in the park, playing with the kids in their break time. “It’s been so long since I see your happy face! Usually, you would smile in front of us, but pouting afterwards, seonsaengnim!”

Yoona laughed. ‘If only this kid could understand my happiness about a Seunghyun day free today! I would love to share it with her.’

“I’m okay, cutie. How about playing with your friends at the sandbox? Look, Jieun-seonsaengnim is playing with your friends at the sandbox too.”

The girl nodded and ran toward the sandbox like Yoona’s request. Yoona smiled happily. “If this peaceful day can continue onwards…”

xxx

Seunghyun was having his bad day. In the morning, he forgot that he have to check on new coffee supplies from Brazil and Indonesia—he gambled his coffee shop to sell Luwak Coffee, the most expensive—yet the most delicious—coffee in the world. And in the afternoon, he forgot to bring his wallet with him when he was in hurry to meet a supplier for his fine dining restaurant.

“Can my day be worse than this?” Seunghyun mumbled while driving back home. He have to picked his wallet, otherwise, he wouldn’t bring his identity card and driving license. Seunghyun didn’t want getting arrested because a small matter like that. There were many things that he have to take care of, and all of those things just made him crazy today.

“AISH! I just hate today!” Seunghyun screamed in frustation.

xxx

Watch in Yoona’s hand has shown 6 p.m, and there was no sign of Seunghyun contacted her. There was no call, no message, or no gifts today. She couldn’t be happier than this.

“Good bye seonsaengnim! I’ll see you tomorrow!” a cute boy with moon shape eyes and bowl cut hair screamed to her as waving his tiny free hand. Yoona waved his hand, and looked at Jieun who also waving her hand and smiled to the boy and her mother. “Jieun-ah, can I go home first? I have an appointment tonight.”

“Sure, unnie. Wooyoung-oppa will said he is nearby and will pick me up. He will help me clean the pre-school too if needed,” Jieun laughed softly while pushing Yoona’s back. “Just go home already! It’s been so long since I saw your happy face for the whole day, without pout and annoyed face. Just go, unnie!”

Yoona ran to the staff room and took her bag. Before she leave, she said her goodbye to Jieun. “Jieun-ah, I gotta go!”

Jieun only nodded and continuing her job. Yoona was smiling happily and even humming random songs on her way home. She didn’t have any appointment that day, but she just feel that she should celebrate this day—the day that Seunghyun didn’t disturb her for once. Her steps were light, as if she won big prize lottery. “This is great. A day without disturbance. A day without an annoying man who darkening my day!”

Yoona walked down the street with smile on her face. She didn’t bring her car today, so she have to going home by train. And that means, she have to walked for 15 minutes to reach the train station. But she didn’t care, today will be one of the most memorable day in her past 3 months life. The day when Seunghyun didn’t annoy her for the whole day.

‘But… if there was something happen to him? What if he got into accident?  What if… he got bored with me?’Yoona sudden thoughts made her worry herself. ‘I wonder what happened to him…’

Yoona’s thought were dominating her mind, until it reach the point when she didn’t care about her surroundings. And she didn’t realize that she was walking on zebra cross, when the red light has turn into green again.

“YA!!! IM YOONA!”

xxx

At the same time, Seunghyun was nearby Yoona’s workplace. He stopped at a convenience store to buy cigarette, coffee and other things—what he needed to brighten his mood a little bit—on his way to another meeting with an investor for his new business—he was planning a new wine house.

Yes, today was a pathetic day for Seunghyun. The day when he have to take care all of his business for the whole day—from morning to the midnight. His agendas only about meet the suppliers, meet the investors, meet the designer, checking the stores, and held a meeting in the central office with the managers—he made one of his big coffee shop like a central office—to check every store’s progress. What he did was tiring, but it sure made him a successful businessman. And lastly, he hate to admit this, but he looked like a zombie right now with his tired eyes and messy hair.

He was on his way back to his car, when he realized that the convenience store was nearby Yoona’s workplace. He thought at himself, has he sent her a message to annoy her today? Has he called her today? The answers for all his questions were no. He hasn’t, thanks to his busy schedule and clumsiness today, he forgot to annoy his funny toy today.

Seunghyun stopped walking, picked out his cellphone from his pocket and decided to call Yoona. But he stopped what he did when he saw a familiar figure with long brown wavy hair looked distracted and ‘empty’, walking down the zebra cross. Her steps were light but slow. In a blink of eye, the traffic light turned green, and most of the car were going pretty fast, despite the fact that there was a girl in front of them—blame the traffic and the peak hours.

His mind flew back to incident 3 years ago. When he lost Bom in the car crash. He couldn’t see anyone died because an accident again. Not in front of his eyes. Not Yoona!

“YA!!! IM YOONA!”

With all his power and might to run from his exhausted body, he ran as fast as he could. He ran to save her.

xxx

Yoona who was distracted with her thoughts being awakened with the call. Someone h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter