Fateful Day

Best Thing I've Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Taeyeon and Siwon’s wedding day. And she couldn’t be more nervous than this. 

Everytime she looked at the gorgerous-classy (and also expensive) invitation, she didn’t wonder how much an invitation cost like she usually do, instead, she felt happy and confused at the same time. At one side, she was happy for Taeyeon and Siwon for their marriage. Taeyeon is her beloved unnie that she never has, and for her, Siwon is another Seulong who taking care of her lovingly—they were like blood related siblings. 

At the other side, she was confused too. She hasn’t met Seunghyun for a year—or contacted him while he always send her the photos he took, and she was sure that she will meet him soon. He absolutely will be there. 

Im Yoona will meet Choi Seunghyun, a man who broke her heart a year ago, in several hours. 

And she wasn’t ready for it. 

xxx

Yoona came in the elegant ballroom alone. A while ago, when Seulong offered her to drive her, she politely refused it. “I’ll be okay, oppa.” Yoona said when Seulong insisted that he would come to the wedding too. Or at least, driving her there. 

“Are you sure?” 

“A hundred percent.” Yoona said with a confident smile on her face. She tried her best to hide her nerve, and she was success, because Seulong didn’t drive her here. 

Yoona looked around, trying to find anyone she know. Everytime she looked around, she would see well known businessmen, important people in the goverment, many celebrities, and even several famous atheletes. Now, she was sure that she wasn’t in the same league as Choi family. She never has, and never will be in the same league as them. 

“YOONA!!!” 

Yoona turned her head to the sound, and saw Sooyoung in her halterneck pink dress walking to her. Yoona smiled immediately as she walked to her. “Sooyoung-ah!!” 

Sooyoung hugged Yoona the first second they stood next to each other. For a year, Sooyoung hasn’t met Yoona too, thanks to his stupid cousin who ruined their friendship. Eventhough both of them still send email to each other sometimes, nothing beat the nice feeling when seeing your friend in person. Not only seeing her photos in the newspaper or magazine. They officially sicked of it. 

“How have you been? Aigoo, you’re getting prettier, Yoong!” 

Yoona shook his head with huge grin plestered on her face. “I’m not! You’re the one who getting prettier! By the way, I’ve been well,” Yoona looked at Sooyoung from head to toe, admiring her perfect looks. “I miss you!” 

“I miss you too, Yoong! Everyone is missing you! Jiyong, Siwon-oppa, Taeyeon-unnie, Minhwan, Daesung, Seungri, and Youngbae are missing you,” Sooyoung stopped talking as she looking around—like she was trying to find someone. “Even Seunghyun is missing you.” 

Yoona stiffened when she heard his name. She knew, she would meet him soon, but only from hearing his name, she felt nervous. 

“You have to know, Seunghyun was gloomy and grouchy as hell at the first month you left him—it feels like 4 years ago, really. Fortunately, he didn’t take it long like when Bom-unnie left him. He regained his strength and stood up, facing the reality and got through the problems he made himself,” Sooyoung told her. She knew Yoona was curious about Seunghyun. Yoona may denied the fact, but Sooyoung knew she missed him too. “And now, you can see his photographs in magazines, newspapers, or even in art galleries.” 

Yoona immersed in Sooyoung’s speech. She didn’t know that their separation damaged themselves. She know she was heartbroken, but she didn’t know that he was too. She thought that Seunghyun was a cruel man. “Sooyoung-ah… I’m…”

Before Yoona could continue her sentence, there was a light tap on her shoulder. She turned around and saw Jiyong, smiling widely to her. “Yoona!” 

“Jiyong-oppa!”

Jiyong pulled Yoona into a hug. “It’s been so long since the last time I saw you, Yoona. It has been a year, hasn’t it?” 

Yoona nodded as she pulled away from the hug. “Yes, it has, oppa.” Yoona put a bright smile on her face, as she met many nice people she has been missing. “How have you been?”

“I’ve been good,” Jiyong answered as he looked around. Like Sooyoung earlier, he looked like he try to find someone. “What are you looking for, oppa? Sooyoung also looking around like you several minutes ago.” 

“Ah, nothing. Let’s take a seat. The wedding will start soon.” 

xxx

Yoona sat next to Sooyoung in the second row of seats. Daesung was next to Sooyoung, and Troublemakers were seated behind them. Jiyong and his parents sat in the front row. 

Yoona hasn’t seen Seunghyun since the moment she stepped in the ballroom. She must admit that she wanted to see him, but she didn’t try to look for him. She let fate chose how they suppose to meet. 

Suddenly, Siwon stepped in the ballroom, with Seunghyun following him behind. They looked so gorgerous as always. Siwon in his black tailcoat tux, and Seunghyun in his suit. Everyone began to murmur and whispering about how handsome the groom and the best man. 

“Seunghyun…” Yoona muttered under her breath. Seunghyun became more handsome, really. His skin was darker—an effect for staying outdoor too much, his body also more muscular. His eyes didn’t change, kept looking people with the charismatic glare he always had. His hair cutted short, but this time around, it was brown. Not the usual black she used to see. 

But before she could trapped in her own mind, wedding march was played. Everyone immediately turned their heads to the ballroom’s door, waiting for the bride to step in. 

And then, it was time. 

It was time for Seunghyun to saw Yoona again. 

xxx

When Seunghyun turned his head towards the door, there she was. Yoona seated there, with her beautiful face and gorgerous appearance. Her eyes were straight to the front, but Seunghyun could see her blank expression. She was in a baby pink tube dress, her hair wasn’t wavy like he used to see, she has it straightened. Her make up was so thin, and it made her appearance brighter than anyone else in the room. 

Seunghyun stared at her, admiring her from afar. It was the first time he saw her in a year, and he was relieved that he could see her again in person. He thought that he couldn’t see her again because stupid mistakes he made a year ago. 

Then, Taeyeon walked in the aisle, with her arm linked with her father’s. Everyone stared at her—admiring her beauty in gorgerous white wedding gown. Everyone but Seunghyun turned their heads to Taeyeon. Seunghyun had his eyes glued to Yoona. 

“Yoona…” Seunghyun whispered. He looked at her direction. “I miss you.” 

xxx

The wedding ceremony had begun. The priest talked, giving some speech before finally asking Siwon and Taeyeon to saying their vow. But, there were 2 people who didn't give a damn about the priest's speech nor the wedding. They didn't care about it at all.

What they care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter