Secret Happiness

Best Thing I've Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was…

Choi Seunghyun.

Seunghyun’s name was clearly written on the envelope, eventhough she was 100% sure that it wasn’t his handwrite. “What is this?” Yoona walked to the living room and sat on the sofa. She even forgot that Jieun was also there.

Yoona ripped the seal and pulled the contain of the envelope. She furrowed her eyebrows. There was a huge white paper, and what she saw was messy scribble notes in the corner of the paper.

‘I tried again, Yoona-ah. And this is my first photo I took with my old DSLR. Okay, it is new, but I bought the same camera like I used to have years ago. –Seunghyun

Ps : If you wondering how I’ve been doing, I’ve been fine. How about you?’

Yoona flipped the paper. Her eyes widened in amazement. The photo looked so cute. It was an toddler, who has a round doll-like-eyes, chubby pinkish cheeks, pouting lips and two cute pigtails. She was playing at the sea, and splashing water everywhere—and what amazed her was the motion of water were caught perfectly in the photo. Yoona smiled in an instant. The toddler in this photo reminded her of her students at pre-school.

Yoona put the photo back to the envelope. With a smile spreaded on her face—and somehow a lighter heart, she held the envelope close to her chest. Walking to her room while humming, Jieun found Yoona’s reaction about the news was far from her expectation.

She didn’t expect Yoona to be… happy? Jieun herself didn’t know. Yoona was being so hard to guess and complicated these past months.

‘Thankyou for make me trying again, Seunghyun.’Yoona said in her heart as she opened the biggest drawer in her room and put the photo Seunghyun had sent to her into it.‘And thank you for not giving up on your dream.’

“Unnie?”

“Hm?” Yoona turned around. Yoona was smiling, earning a furrowed eyebrows and creased forehead from Jieun. “What is it, unnie?”

Yoona shook her head. “Ah, nothing.”

Yoona decided that it was the best to kept Seunghyun’s photomail as a secret. Especially from Seulong. Otherwise, he would lecture her to stay away from him for 2 hours strike. And she didn’t want that to happen.

She’ll let his photomail became her secret happiness.

Oh… secret happiness.

xxx

Seunghyun flipped the photo he was holding and smiled broadly. He was in his personal dark room in the mansion, processing the films. He knew, this is the era of digital photography, but when he found old analog cameras in his storage room—which was basically his room when he was a kid, he just couldn't help but busying himself with those cameras.

After satisfied with the photo results, he turned his body and walked out from the dark room. He was welcomed by Sooyoung who stood with a grin on her face. "Busy?"

Seunghyun shrugged his shoulder and smirked. He walked away, Sooyoung followed him.

"How are you?"

"Just like you see, I'm fine." Seunghyun looked at Sooyoung at the corner of his eyes. He saw Sooyoung smiled at his answer.

"I'm glad you're fine."

"Me too."

Silence surrounded them. That wasn't an awkward silence, but the comfortable silence they love to share since they were kids.

"I'm glad that you try photography again. I really am." Sooyoung broke the silence. They enter the living room and sat on the sofas quitely.

"Me too. I really will regret everything if I don't try photography again. I know now because photography is my passion."

"You realized it just now? How come I could know that photography is your passion before yourself? Are you dumb or something?" Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows while giggling. Seunghyun smiled and shook his head.

"Don't you dare to call me dumb, you little girl!"

Sooyoung laughed. Usually, she would tackle him and pinch his flabby hips or stomach mercilessly, but somehow, she wasn't in the mood to do so.

"I have to thank Jaehoon-ahjussi also."

Seunghyun furrowed his eyebrow and looked at Sooyoung with confused expression. "Jaehoon-ahjussi? Why?"

"He was practically the one who make you live again, Bingu." Sooyoung took a deep breath. She looked at Seunghyun's deep and dark eyes. But now, his eyes reflected passion. Not the blank, dark eyes he had when his separation with Yoona hit him right in the face. "He was also the one who dragged you again to try photography again. Don't you dare to deny it, because that's true."

Seunghyun just smiled. "Maybe you're right, Sooyoung-ie."

Sooyoung smiled proudly. "I know I am!"

"But I also have to thank someone."

"Who?"

"Yoona." Seunghyun said after a long pause between his sentences. He must admit, that one of the reason he try again is because Yoona was trying again also. They tried to reach their dreams and forget the old bad memories that blocked their ways to reach their dream.

Sooyoung only smiled. Relieved, that 2 impo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter