Big Mess(es)

Best Thing I've Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong walked in the hallway of Choi Mansion, checking his appearance by his reflection on the clear glass window. He was going to go for a lunch with Jessica at a French bistro named Sohō, but he needed to do something before he go.

He has to check on Seunghyun.

Since he broke up with Yoona—Jiyong didn’t even know what was the perfect word for describing their relationship—Seunghyun became a big mess. The day he broke up with her, he came home really drunk, in a mess and looked pitiful. He threw everything his hand could reach to the wall, leaving the living room in mess. Luckily, him and Siwon were in the mansion when he got home that day. If they didn’t, only God knows what could happen to Seunghyun (and their mansion).

And ever since, he behaved differently. He still went to work every morning (or afternoon, since he didn’t have to check on his stores in the morning), but he always came home late, drunk and in a mess. Seunghyun is the type who could handle alcohol extremely well, so when the next day Seunghyun had a hangover… that wasn't a good sign.

Seunghyun also increasing his cigarette consumption. Jiyong knew, men always go to alcohol and cigarette when they don’t have anything to wreak their emotion to. But this time, Seunghyun had gone too far.

Jiyong let out a deep long sigh before he opened the big door in front of him and left them open. There, he saw Seunghyun smoking a cigarette, while looking at the papers absentmindedly. His fingers flipped the paper, but his eyes were blank. “Hyung.” Jiyong called out. He didn’t step into Seunghyun’s office, he just leaned on the door frame.

Seunghyun didn’t bother to look. He only pulled out the cigarette from his mouth, exhaled the smoke, and put it again between his lips. Jiyong shook his head. "HYUNG!"

Seunghyun was startled and dropped his cigarette on the marble floor. He looked at Jiyong blankly. "What?"

"Have you eaten your breakfast?" Jiyong asked. He has been asking Seunghyun this question every morning since two weeks ago. Seunghyun never ate his breakfast if no one reminded him to do so. He never ate his lunch and dinner if no one asked him to eat. The maids and the butlers in their mansion had brought his food to his room, but the food remain untouched.

Practically, he transformed into his self 4 years ago, the absentminded, stoic Seunghyun. The differences were, Seunghyun 4 years ago didn’t smoke and drink alcohol a lot. He did cry though.

Seunghyun put the papers on the table, threw the cigarette on the asthray and scratched his back head which wasn’t itchy. “Well, you see..” Seunghyun was lost for words. He hasn’t eaten his breakfast. What he had since morning was a cup of coffe. He also almost emptied a pack of cigarette. He would be scolded by Jiyong any second.

Jiyong slapped his forehead lightly and gritted his teeth in annoyance. Then, an idea strucked in his mind. He looked at Seunghyun from head to toe. Silver Balmain shirt, grey Burberry blazer, black leather Dior Homme pants, and Seunghyun’s all time favorite Louboutin loafers. ‘Hmm… pretty presentable.’

“Come on hyung, let's go!”

“Wait… wait…” Seunghyun stood up. He felt massive dizziness. He almost fell to the floor because of lack of energy and nutrition in his body. Luckily, his hand could get a hold at the table and support his weak body. “What do you mean by let's go? I'm not going anywhere!”

“Don’t be so stubborn and just come with me!” Jiyong walked to Seunghyun. He stood behind Seunghyun and pushed him to the front, forcing him to walk ahead of him.

“Where are we going?”

“You're going with me to Sohō!” Seunghyun just opened his mouth to speak, but Jiyong spoke first. “This is my final decision! No complains and no nags!”

Seunghyun gritted his teeth. Jiyong dragged Seunghyun out from his office to his dark blue Lamborghini.

‘Sorry for ruining our lunch date Jess. But I can't let my hyung become like this…’

xxx

Yoona looked like a mess. A BIG MESS.

She was sitting on the playground's bench, watching the kids playing with Jieun and a new teacher, Hyelim. Her eyes might directed to the children, but her eyes were completely blank.

Jieun ran to her and sat next to her. Ever since 2 weeks ago, Yoona has came to the preschool absentmindedly, with puffy eyes and red nose. Her dark circle became more appearent day by day. Jieun bet that Yoona has cried herself to sleep everynight. “Unnie?”

Yoona didn’t respond her. Her eyes were straight to the front. “UNNIE!”

Yoona was startled. She jumped off from the bench and and looked at Jieun who potrayed worry on her eyes. "What happened, Jieun-ah?" Yoona said as she sat on her previous spot on the bench.

"Unnie, are you alright?"

Yoona didn't know what to say. She just kept shutted at Jieun's question. Looked not satisfied with Yoona's silence, Jieun asked Yoona again. This time, she stressed every words. "Unnie, are you alright?"

This time, Yoona nodded hesistantly. She forced a happy smile, but in Jieun's eyes, the more she force to has a happy smile on her face, the more it became a sad smile. "I'm alright, Jieun-ah."

Silence surrounded them. One more difference from Yoona since she broke up with Seunghyun (if she could call their separation a break up), she became quiter than usual. There was no happy-go-lucky Yoona anymore. The Yoona remain was the quite and gloomy one.

Jieun let a deep sigh as she watched her unnie in worry. “Just let me know if you need something, okay? I’ll be there for you, unnie. Like you always be there when I need you.”

Yoona nodded. Her mind wasn’t focus. Since her separation with Seunghyun, she couldn’t focus her mind. Her mind always occupied by her life problem.

“JIEUN SEONSAENGNIM!” a toothless boy shouted for Jieun from the middle of the playground. He just fell to the ground. Jieun immediately stood up. “I guess I’ll see you around, Yoona-unnie. Don’t hesitate to give me a call if you need something, alright?” after saying that, Jieun ran to the boy and helped him. Yoona looked at them with a sad smile. She couldn’t spread a happy smile since a week ago.

A week ago, she cried herself to sleep, only being awakened by Seulong’s loud noise at the kitchen, looking something to eat at 3 a.m. Seulong—the great observant, as always—noticed her puffy eyes and runny no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter