Separation

Best Thing I've Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s not meet each other, Seunghyun.”

Yoona’s words slapped Seunghyun right in the face. No... no. This couldn’t be true! “What... what do you mean, Yoona? You’re joking, right?”

Unfortunately for Seunghyun, Yoona shook her head. “No, Seunghyun. Let’s not meet each other.”

“Why? Why we should do that?” Seunghyun grasped Yoona’s hand with his big hand. Yoona just keep shaking her head, showing her determination in her words in action. “We could not do that...”

“You maybe could do that Seunghyun... but I can’t.”

“I’m really sorry, okay?” Seunghyun begged. He couldn’t lose Yoona again. 2 weeks was hell for him, and now, she asked him to not meet her again? That was insane. “I know I should tell you earlier about Bommie. I know I made a BIG mistake.” Seunghyun emphasized, looking desperated. Yoona looked at Seunghyun’s desperate stage. If their condition wasn’t as complicated as it was now, she would make fun of his desperate stage in front of her.

She, Im Yoona, who was no one in the business world who had a lot of powerful figures, had Choi Seunghyun, one of the most powerful businessman, begged and desperated for her? This must be a dream.

“But I already promised you that I’ll tell you everything. EVERYTHING. But not now.” Seunghyun’s legs started to stiffened and sore. He has squatted for too long for God’s sake. But his stiff and sore legs could be healed later. He has to deal with a stubborn woman in front of him. “Just don’t leave me, Yoona-ah. Stay with me.”

Yoona took a deep breath. Being Seunghyun, there was no way he could give in so easily. He is stubborn... like her. “If I amas strong as you Seunghyun... I maybe could stay.” Yoona stopped talking. She saw Seunghyun’s expression brightened in a flash. “But I am notas strong as you, Seunghyun. I am far from that. Very far.” Yoona’s eyes gazed into empty space.

“You’ve been through your deceased girlfriend’s death, losing your passion in photography, depression, many fake people who approached you, and many more, well I can't even go through my depression for my hand…” Yoona pulled her left hand from Seunghyun’s grip and raised it up. Showing bandage which always covered her scar. “And my passion for violin.”

“That’s not important…” Seunghyun wishpered. Yoona shook her head and placed her hand on top of Seunghyun’s.

“That’s important. You’ve been through so much and success with it—and that means you are strong, Seunghyun. While I’m still struggling with my problem, and that means… I’m weak. We are not compatible.”

I guess I was not really the person for you
I couldn’t hold back my stupid heart
Which pained you
And please don’t cry

“THAT’S A COMPLETE BULL, YOU KNOW?” Seunghyun screamed frustatingly. He was so frustrated at Yoona’s stubbornness.

“IT’S NOT!” Yoona angrily rose from her seat. Actually, she wanted to explain her reason for  a separation to Seunghyun in a nice way, but his stubbornness left her with no choice. She had to explain everything in a hard way, as hard as how Seunghyun explained everything to her before.

Seunghyun was startled, so he fell back to the floor from his squatting position. Yoona looked down at him, her eyes were potraying sadness, confussion, and disappointment. “You can't understand anything, Seunghyun! I tried to explain that I need time to think, while you insist that we can go through this together! I know we can, but this is not the right time!”

Here is the end for the both of us,
And until the world would allow our love then,

Tears began to rolled down from Yoona’s eyes. Seunghyun looked up at her with guilt, worry and really asking for her forgiveness. He bit his lip. “Yoona-ah…”

“Don’t interrupt me! You leave me with no choice, Seunghyun.” He nodded and tried to stand up, but failing because Yoona pushed his shoulder hard. He fell to the floor again. “I need time to think, Seunghyun. Do you expect me to being strong when I know you see me as Bom? Do you expect me to be so tough like you? Do you expect me to forget everything that had happened and move on? Do you expect me to not feeling sad at those sudden and shocking news from you?” Yoona’s voice raised in every sentence. She already lost her cool.

“Do you know how much I shed tears because of you? Do you know when I realized… I’ve fallen in love with you, but in these past months, you’ve never…. Never…” Yoona emphasized. If her words were a document in the laptop, she would those words in underline, bold, italic, just for emphasizing it. “express your love to me in words! Not once you said “I love you” in front of me!”

Yoona took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly. She tried to control her emotion, but she was failing. Because she kept screaming her lungs out to express her emotion to Seunghyun. “I know I shouldn’t asking you for this. We aren't teenagers anymore, who need love confession to express our love. But… hey? Is it that much to ask you to express your feeling in words? Is it wrong for me to expect you express your feelings in words? Is that too much, Seunghyun?”

Seunghyun bit his lip even harder. Blood started to come out. “At first, I really hate you. You were the one who steal my ity away—or so I thought. But as time passed, I started to fall for you. I hate to say that, but I really started to fall in love with you. Opening my heart again after a year for a man, after really isolate my heart from outside world. In the same time, I was hesistant, because I didn’t know you. I couldn’t figure you out—thanks to mysteries that surrounded you. But I decided to let it pass and let my feelings led me, because I was sure, that I could figure you out as time passed…”

“But I am wrong. You were so mysterious like always, and even now, you seem so mysterious to me.” Yoona covered her face with her hands. Tears kept coming out from her eyes. In the other hand, Seunghyun only stared at her with dumbfounded face.

Clock ticked by, Yoona kept sobbing behind her hands. Seunghyun kept sitting on the floor dumbfoundedly. He was processing her words in his mind. Did he really make her suffer that much? He knew their love bring them pain, along with happiness in the same time but..... Was it all this long..... They suffered so much? "I need time Seunghyun. I really do..." Yoona said between her sobs. She moved up her hands, revealing her puffy eyes, red eyes, red nose, wet cheeks. She looked at Seunghyun straight in the eyes. Seunghyun stared back at her.

She fell to the floor, so she sat helplessly on the floor in front of Seunghyun. After gathering his thoughts and strenghth, he took a deep breath and wrapped her body with his hands.

"Hush..... Stop crying, Yoona-ah..." Seunghyun soothed her. He rubbed her neck, downwards to her back repeatedly. She was sobbing in his hug, made one of his long time favorite Balmain shirt wet. "I'm sorry.... I really am."

"I'm sorry for being such a jerk. I'm sorry for bringing you pain all this long. I'm sorry for....everything I've done." Seunghyun said slowly. He shutted his eyes as he spoke. "If separating means the best for both of us… well… I’ll step back from your life, Yoona-ah. I’ll go away.”

Seunghyun didn’t want to say that, but it seemed… that that was the best choice they had. To separate. To not meet each other. To cooling down their mind and think about them again. “I don’t want to do this, really. I wish we can go through this together. But if you really need time to cool off and think again, well then…” Yoona looked up and saw his face. He was hurted, sad, disappointed and everything. She could see that clearly in his face. “I can't force you to stay either. It will bring us more pain rather than happiness.”

“Thank you, Seunghyun. Thank you so much..” Yoona wishpered as she hugged him. She wasn’t crying anymore, but she really looked like a mess now.

Seunghyun let out a sad smile. Then he wrapped his hands around Yoona’s small figure, returning the warm hug she gave. “I’m just gonna drive you home now. Do you want to freshen yourself before you go?” Seunghyun offered her. She gave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter