Is It All Lies?

Best Thing I've Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days went by and Yoona really tried to ignore her bad feeling about Park Sandara. Seunghyun met TONS of women in his life, and Yoona never had such a bad feelings like this before. The message also really bothered her, and the fact that she knows nothing about Park Sandara was bothering her even more. But she didn’t ask Seunghyun about Park Sandara. She would find out about Park Sandara by herself.

She didn’t mean to stalk Seunghyun or Dara or something bad. She just.. curious about Park Sandara. Who is she? What is her relationship with Seunghyun? Does she knows Seunghyun’s past clearly? Does she knows Seunghyun’s secret that has been hidden from her since forever? If Yoona comes to Park Sandara, does she wants to answer her curious questions? These questions popped in her mind like crazy. She really need to know about Sandara. And maybe from Sandara, she could collect information about Seunghyun’s mysterious past.

Sunday came, and Yoona was ready to go. She would go to Coffee&Tops Hongdae, where Seunghyun and Sandara would meet. She also wore disguise—Seulong’s oversized hoodie jacket, pair of dark skinny jeans, a red sneakers and matching beanie. She also wore a big over-sized glasses. Her attire today was so not Yoona-ish… at all.

Yoona was ready to challenge Seunghyun’s past that was covered in thick dust. She needed to know his past. She needed to uncover the thick mystery around him.

(She thought) She was ready.

xxx

Yoona’s arrived at Coffee&Tops at 2.30 p.m. She was kinda late, because she saw Seunghyun, sat in the corner with a tiny woman who looked really beautiful. Petite figure, big doll eyes, smooth and straight brown hair, small yet kissable lips, and even from afar, Yoona could hear her cheerful and cute voice talking to Seunghyun.

Yoona ordered a big cup of Americano coffee—something she really hate, but sometimes, drink something you really hate can relief your tension a little bit. And she desperately need it. A distraction from her uneasy feeling.

Walking closer to them with the Americano cup in her hand, Yoona pulled down her beanie a little bit. She chose a table behind Seunghyun and Sandara’s. Her back was facing Seunghyun’s back.

Yoona took a really deep breath and exhaled deeply.

Yeah, she was ready for the truth.

xxx

Seunghyun arrived at Coffee&Tops at 2.15 p.m. Seunghyun saw Dara, someone from his past, waved her tiny hand excitedly from the corner table. Seunghyun smiled and walked to her table.

“Seunghyun-oppa!” Dara stood up, and pulled Seunghyun into a loose hug. Seunghyun hugged her back, loosely too. “Darong, how are you?”

“I'm fine, as always! Look at my body now! They aren't as skinny as before, right?” Dara showed off her arm and sniffled. Seunghyun laughed. “They're small as always, Darong.”

Both of them sat and Seunghyun ordered cappuccino. While waiting for his order, he looked at his cellphone, checking if there was a message from Yoona. She asked him about his plan today. He had replied the message—saying that he was going to meet an old friend, and also asking her to go out today, but he hasn’t got another reply.

“How’s Seoul?” Dara asked him. She was eating her cheesecake. Seunghyun sipped his coffee quietly. “As you see, this is Seoul. Nothing has changed, except for how people started to change.”

“Really?” Dara raised her eyebrow. She really hasn’t heard anything since she went to Washington DC almost 4 years ago. “How’s everyone? Have they been well?”

Seunghyun nodded his head. He leaned his back comfortably to the chair and crossed his legs. “They’ve been well. Jiyong is a freak fashionista as usual, Siwon-hyung is getting married in a year or so, Sooyoung is still a hyper one, and after the incident I took 3 years off from photography, but I’ve been doing it again recently,” Seunghyun looked at Dara as he speak. He clearly could see excitement and her desire to meet them. He also could see her happiness at the news about his photography activity. “You should meet them. They really want to see you when I said you already back.”

“I absolutely will. Really!” Dara dropped her fork to the plate and crossed her arms. “I missed them. When we were at the funeral, all of us couldn’t greet each other properly. You were so depressed, your family members attended the funeral also, but they mainly took care of you and your weak body,” Dara laughed. Seunghyun smiled awkwardly, but after seeing Dara’s laugh, he couldn’t help but also laughing at Dara’s joke. “When I slaved myself to walking around to manage the funeral.”

Seunghyun laughed at Dara’s words. ‘slaved myself’ wasn’t the perfect words, since she didn’t manage the funeral by herself, but Dara was Dara. She is a hyperbolic one as usual. “Then, how’s uncle? Has he been well?”

Dara nodded. “Yes he has. He is dying to meet you, actually. The last time you met him was a month after a funeral right? When you came to apologize.”

“Yes. Oh, how I missed him and his corny jokes. He is a cool man,” Dara nodded in agreement. Her uncle is a cool man. He always be one, eventhough all his family members had left him alone. “Then, how’s your business? When I went to DC for college, you just opened your second branch of Coffee&Tops, but seeing today, I guessed you’ve succedd, huh?”

Seunghyun laughed. “It was though, but I managed to survive. Just look at how many Coffee&Tops you’ve see since you arrived at Seoul. A lot, right?” Seunghyun bragged proudly.

Dara started to count. “1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. AIGOO! I couldn’t even remember it. Coffee&Tops are everywhere!”

“Exactly.”

And both of them laughed. They continued to talk and talk about more things. Things that Yoona didn’t know at all.

And her confusion about their talking topics was worrying her even more.

‘I really have a bad feeling about this…’

xxx

Seunghyun sipped his last sip of coffee and looked at Dara. He knew she wouldn’t ask him to come if she didn’t want to talk about something serious. They’ve been sitting and talking about many things for an hour, and they didn’t talk about anything that have much sense.They could changed greetings by many ways, not only at meet directly lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter