Wishes and Reality

Best Thing I've Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung and Daesung were in Choi mansion, talking with Siwon and Taeyeon about their upcoming wedding when Seunghyun was walking down the stairs, getting ready for his ‘date’ tonight. Sooyoung will be Siwon and Taeyeon's wedding planner, and like usual, Daesung was being dragged along with his (scary) girlfriend. “Ya, Bingu-ah!” Sooyoung screamed her lungs out from her seat. Daesung, Siwon, and Taeyeon’s turned their gazes to the stairs, as Sooyoung waved at him.

“Little girl! Don’t need to be so loud!” A grin plestered on his face, earning a questioning face from Sooyoung and Daesung who haven’t known his and Yoona’s story. “Ya, Bingu-ah, what happened to you? It is sickening you know, seeing you with that smirk of yours glued permanently on your face.”

Seunghyun really didn’t want to answer her question. If she and Daesung knew, they would like there was no tomorrow. Siwon let a quite laugh escaped form his mouth, and Taeyeon only looked at him with a knowing and supportive smile—she has known Seunghyun and Yoona’s story from Siwon. 3 years ago, when Seunghyun had his hard time struggle with his depression, Taeyeon—that time, she was Siwon’s best friend. Not a girlfriend yet—was the one who let him cried or smacked and smashed anything uncontrollably for a moment, then she would calmed him down. Calmed him like a noona calm his beloved dongsaeng. She is a perfect noona he never has.

“He has interest in particular girl, Sooyoung-ie, Daesung-ah!” instead of Seunghyun answered Sooyoung’s question, Jiyong was the one who answered it for him. He stood behind Seunghyun, while grinning like an idiot. He knew he would get beaten up afterwards, but seeing his cousin and his friend’s faces being amused and (secretly) relieved, it makes him happy.

“YA!! BINGU-AH, WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME EARLIER?”

Sooyoung quickly stood up and walked towards Seunghyun. He let out a sigh, then looked at his cousin’s behavior. “You were too drunk to aware, little girl. Plus, I’m not in those lovey-dovey mode of yours and Daesung-ie, you know? I just… I don’t know. Just let the time fly and we’ll see.”

Siwon, Taeyeon, Daesung, and Jiyong quickly eavesdropping their convertation. They may be in the same room as Seunghyun and Sooyoung, but they just spoke quietly. They heard Seunghyun like he was wishpering.

Sooyoung smiled and tapped Seunghyun’s shoulder lightly, “Alright. Just call me later, got it?” Seunghyun smiled and walked out. “I’ll see you later, Siwon-hyung, Taeyeon-noona, Sooyoung-ie, Jiyong-ah, Daesung-ah!”

As Seunghyun left the mansion, they gathered in the sofa. Taeyeon leaned on Siwon’s shoulder, then looked at her future husband and soon-to-be-in-laws, “What do you think about him? Has he forgotten her already?”

Jiyong shook his head slowly, “He hasn’t noona, but he was being distracted, though. This Im Yoona girl just made him crazy.” Sooyong laughed at Jiyong's statement.

“Seunghyun-hyung? Going crazy because of a woman?” Daesung said in disbelief. He never saw Seunghyun going crazy because of a girl, except for Bom, of course.

“I’m serious, Daesung. He likes her, in a different yet strange feeling. I can’t figure it out yet, but I was pretty sure that he didn’t following and spying her around because of . She looked pure and innocent—at least that’s what my staff told me.” Jiyong took a cigarette from his pocket and light it with the lighter handed by Siwon. Jiyong offered everyone, and Siwon was the only one who took one cigarette from Jiyong’s hand, and light it quickly. “I really hope that this girl could distract him longer. Or even make him forget about her.” 

“I think we all hope the same thing for him. After all things that happened to him, it is the right time for him to reach happiness. The true happiness.” Siwon exhaled the smoke slowly as he talked. Taeyeon nodded and took her cup of tea. “Let’s hope together for him, should we?”

All of them nodded and praying silently in their own hearts, that he would reach the true happiness that has forgotten him for so long.

xxx

Tonight, Seunghyun drove his porche to a big apartement in Itaewon, and stopped right in front of the apartement gate. Before he went here, he has called Hyunjoo—who was (still) spying Yoona, asked about her current position. He said she was on her way home from pre-school. ‘Going home from teaching at pre-school at 8 p.m? Weird…’

Before Seunghyun could think more about it, he spotted Yoona on the road. She had her pink jacket and pink boots, while her own arms gently. The weather wasn’t that cold, but she looks cute with her pink outfit and pouting lips. “Yoong!”

Seunghyun got out from the car, approached her with a smirk plestered on his face. Yoona’s face immediately darkened when she saw Seunghyun. “YA! What are you doing here?” Yoona took deep breath and talked louder. “What the heck do you want?”

Seunghyun pouted his lips like a kid as he looked at her. “But you promise that we will go for a date tonight, jagiya!”

Yoona’s eyes widened as she heard what he called her. Jagiya? Is he out of his mind or something? “YA! Who is your jagiya? Me?”

“Yes, you are my jagiya.” Seunghyun smiled while took of his blazer and put on Yoona’s shoulder. His long sleeve T-shirt was enough for him. Yoona refused his blazer at first, but since it kept her warm, she didn't say anything more about it.

"In your dream, Choi Seunghyun!"

Yoona kept walking, and Seunghyun following her behind. She didn't go to her apartement, instead, she walked around Itaewon area. Seunghyun walked faster, so he could catch up with Yoona. "Yoong, where are we going? Are we really have a date right now?"

"Don't follow me around!!" Yoona walked faster. She didn't want Seunghyun enter her apartement—especially when Seulong was around. He became a really over-protectiver brother since the incident. "Just go and do your own business!!"

Yoona took a breath. She stopped walking, then glanced at Seunghyun. "Otherwise, I'll call the police! I will tell them that there is a stalker following me around!"

Seunghyun didn't care about Yoona's threat. He stared at Yoona, and shook his head. "No, jagiya. You made me interested with you, so you don't have any choice beside accept the fact that I'll stick you around." He said with emphasized in 'jagiya'. She got goosebumps when Seunghyun called her 'jagiya'. She even couldn't imagining about it!

"There are tons of woman around you, then why it has to be me?" Yoona didn't move an inch. She still stared at Seunghyun who looked at her with amusement in his eyes. "Plus, don't you have work? You must be older than me, you can't leave your job only to sticking me around!"

Seunghyun laughed at Yoona's statement. She just so pure and innocent. A strict one too, though. 'She is just like her...'

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter