Chapter Nine

Until We Met Under the Moon

Hey fellow readers! I am LOVING the feedback that I have gotten for this story. But I do want to know what you guys think. Please feel free to leave comments or questions after each chapter. If you have criticism, PLEASE leave some. It will only make me a better writer and make the story even better. Again, thanks so much for the support for this story and it's only going to get better. 

 

Okay. I know I'm not going crazy, but I SWEAR I saw someone staring at me through those bushes. I look towards the bushes again, but there is definitely nothing there. "Maybe I am losing my mind." I go back inside and Nalani and Kris were snuggled up on our couch.

"Geez, can't you guys be lovey dovey in your room?" I complained.

"Sorry. Why did you take so long?" Nalani asked as she pulled away from Kris. "I saw something outside, but I think I was imagining things."

"What did you see?" "Well, I made eye contact with something, but I don't really know what is was."

"What color were it's eyes?" Kris asked me. "Gold? They were gone after I had looked away."

"I gotta go." Kris said unexpectedly. "Go. You just got here?" Nalani complained. "I'll come back later. Bye Tiana." "Bye." Kris left our apartment and it was just Nalani and I. "That was weird." I said. "You're telling me." Nalani agreed.

"Hey, has Kai talked to you yet?" Nalani asked as she walked into the kitchen. "No. I did talk to Suho though. We talked and we're on the same page."

"That's good. I wish Kai would just hurry up and talk to you. It's really irritating."

"You're telling me." I nodded.

"You know what we should do!"

"What?"

"We should have a sleepover! We can invite Alice over, order food, watch movies, and just have girl time."

"That actually sounds really nice. But how are we going to convince Alice? She and Luhan have almost been attached at the hip."

"Good point. I'll talk to her."

"Wait,"

"What?"

"Kai invited me to come over on Saturday, but since he's been practically avoiding me, I don't think that's happening anymore." I frowned.

"You can hang out with us. We're ten times more fun." Nalani smirked.

"Yeah, you're right."

Suddenly, someone knocked on our door and we opened it and see Alice. "Hey, we were just talking about you." Nalani said.

"You were? I feel like I don't see you guys anymore."

"That's because you don't. You're too busy hanging out with Luhan." I declared. "I know. I like him so much, I just feel like I need time to myself and to think." Alice admitted.

"Since you're here, we were planning on having a sleepover this weekend. Do you want to join us?" Nalani asked.

"Yes. I'd love to. I don't remember the last time I've been over to your apartment anyway." "You're here now?" "Yeah, but since I've met Luhan, I've been stuck in my room texting him or  meeting up with him, when he's able."

"That's how I was with Kai, until he started avoiding me."

"What? He's been avoiding you? Luhan did tell me he was upset about something. I'm guessing it was you."

"There's more to the story."

"Hence why, you're coming over and we're having a sleepover so we can talk about what's going on."

"I'm definitely in." Alice smiled.

"Cool. Kris may be back soon, so you won't see me for a while."

"Maybe I can hang with you Tiana. I don't remember the last time we've been together. We are best friends after all." Alice said as she took my hand and led me to my room.

"I know. So, you and Luhan?"

"So you and Kai?" She smirked back at me.

"Who would've thought." "I know. You and Luhan sure got close." "Yeah. I'm pretty close to Lay and Xiumin too. I'm never really alone with Luhan, unless we go get lunch or he comes over to see me."

"He's come over?"

"Yeah, to help me study."

"Wow. So, you guys haven't done anything?" I asked.

"No. I'm too shy to. He does hold my hand a lot and hugs me a lot. What about you and Kai, before he started his silent treatment." "He's held my hand. And---" "And?? What else?"

I see the replay of Kai kissing me on my cheek before letting me go home and I feel my cheeks warm up.

"Has he kissed you?" Alice whispered. I look up at Alice and nod my head. "Oh my gosh. Where?" "On my cheek." "Ooh! He needs to talk to you. It's not fair to you." "At least most of you guys are on my side."

"Who else is on your side?" "Chen, Suho, Nalani, You. D.O has been been giving me updates on Kai and how he is. I want to do the right thing, but he's making it harder."

"I know. He'll come around. He has to." Alice reminded. Alice and I talked to one another and really caught up. Around 10, she left and I was alone with my thoughts and started getting ready for bed. I was reviewing over some notes before I decided to go on Tumblr and my phone rings.

I look at my caller id and it's Kai. I feel my heart beat quicken and I answer on the fifth ring.

"Hello?" I said. "Tiana," "Yeah?" "Are you busy right now?" "Not really."

"Can I come over or can you meet me somewhere?" "Kai, it's late. Maybe another---" "Please?" He pleaded.

"Okay. Where do you want to meet?" "Can I come to you?" "Um, sure. Do you remember where I live?"

"Yeah. I remember." "Okay. Let me know when you get here and I'll let you in." "Okay. I'll see you soon." And he hung up. Just when I was about to go to bed too. Gosh. He's lucky I like him.

Before Kai met with Tiana

Kai makes a phone call to someone. It's ringing. "Come on, pick up." He groaned. Before the last ring, the receiver finally picked up the phone.

"Hello?" The person murmured.

"Suho,"

"Yeah, Kai?"

"I'm sorry." "I know. I get it. I was overstepping my boundaries."

"I didn't mean to pick a fight with you. My wolf side just wanted me to make sure you knew when to back off."

"I know. I care about Tiana, just as much as you. Don't push her away, Kai. She's a sweet girl."

"I know."

"Make things right with her."

"I will. I love you." Kai whispered. "I love you too. I'll talk to you tomorrow, all right?"

"All right." And Kai hung up.

Meanwhile

I glance at my phone and see Kai's text and I head downstairs. I see a familiar tall, blonde person waiting by the rocking chairs outside. I go outside and Kai looks at me.

"Hi." "Hi." This is really awkward. "Can we go inside? It's cold." I suggest. "Yeah. Sure." Kai and I walk inside and wait for the elevator.

The elevator arrives and we both step inside. It's quiet going up to my floor. I glance at Kai and he's too busy staring at his feet. He looks nervous, actually.

"You okay?" I asked. Kai looks at me and I see a scratch on his face. "What happened to your cheek?" I asked.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." "Well I am."

We finally arrive on my floor and walk to my room. I open the door and tell Kai to sit on the couch while I go get my first aid kit. I sit next to him and say, "Let me see." "I told you that it's fine."

"Shut up and let me see." I taunted. Kai was taken back that he actually smirked at me. .

It was just a scratch, but I put ointment on it and a band-aid for safe measure. As I was putting on the ointment, Kai's eyes had never once left mine.

I put the band-aid on his face and said, "There. All better." "Thanks." "So, what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked as I started putting stuff away.

"I want to apologize to you. For avoiding you. It was stupid." At least he admitted it. "It's okay."

"No, it really wasn't. I got jealous over you and Suho's relationship and the way I took it was very immature. I didn't realize how much I missed talking to you and being with you until I realized how stupid I was." "We all make mistakes, Kai. No one's perfect."

"Yeah, but---" "I accept your apology. I missed talking to you too. It was kind of my fault that I brought Suho up in the conversation, but he was always so good to me, but I see him as an older brother and I didn't have that sense of security growing up, so it was nice to have." I admitted.

"I didn't know." "It's okay. I have a really hard time expressing my emotions, so---"

"I want you to be that comfortable with me. Like you are with Suho." Kai said as he took my hand. "I want to be the person who you turn to when you have a bad day or when you have exciting news to share. I want to be your oppa."

 Oppa? "You want to be my what?" I asked. "It's someone older, who you acknowledge in a respectful manner."

"If I look this up and you're lying---" "I'm not lying." Kai interrupted.

"I want us to have a closer relationship. Is that too much to ask?" Kai finished. "No." I said. "Can we be what we were, before I screwed things up?"

"Yes." But what were we before? I mean we were friends. "So, this weekend? Is that still happening?" Kai asked me.

"You see, about that---" "You have other plans. No, I get it." Kai said disappointed. "I'm sorry, but you were avoiding me, so Nalani was like, let's have a sleepover and order food, and do stuff like we used to and I was like yeah, why not? And we hadn't seen Alice in a while since I think her and Luhan are a thing. I don't know. And---"

I turned and looked at Kai and he has a small smile on his face and he's looking at me.

"What?" "You're cute, you know that?" He stated as his smile got bigger. "Oh, um. Thanks." I said shyly. "No. Don't do that." "Do what?"

"Go back in your little bubble." "I don't mean to. It just happens." "What happened to you saying you'd open up to me?" "You have to give me time Kai. I'm not used to this."

"Used to what?" Kai cocked his head to the side and looked at me funny. "Nothing, forget it." "No seriously. Used to what?" "It's not important." "Yes it is. Tell me." What do I say? I'm not used to a guy being interested in me? What if he doesn't feel the same way about me? "Can't we just drop it? It's too embarrassing to say."

"Come on! What if I tell you something embarrassing? Then would you tell me?" "Maybe, but---" "I'm not good at telling people how I feel, unless I'm really close with that person." Kai admitted.

"Now, you tell me your embarrassing thing." "It's pretty similar to yours." "Go on." Kai encouraged. I took a deep breath and said it.

"I'm not used to a guy having interest in me, if you do. I'm always overlooked or in someone's shadow, so I never know what to do and it frustrates me. I'm 20 years old and don't know what to do when a guy's around. I'm pathetic."

"You aren't pathetic. Why would you think that?" "Because I'm not experienced like everyone else. I'm just little ole me." "I like little ole you." Kai said as he took my hand again and looked into my eyes. "You're just saying that." I said as I looked down. "No. I mean it. From the bottom of my heart." Kai said as he lifted my chin, so I was looking at him.

"Kai," I whispered. "I really like you Tiana. I like everything about you and I wouldn't want you any other way." Kai confessed.